Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which kind of car have you?

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    An L-reg peugot 106, aka the BAV (Busted-Ass Vehicle). It's my friend except for when I'm on the motorway or going up hills (it does 0-60 in about half an hour so neither of those environments are good for it really). My ideal car would be the Batmobile, or failing that, one of those new(ish) Chysler mobster car thingers. In pinstripe. *slurp*
    the chrysler PT cruiser. handsome
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Y'know.....I've never understood the fascination with PT Cruisers. What's so special about em? All I see is an SUV with a narrow front end.

capncnut
    Robin Reliant.

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Y'know.....I've never understood the fascination with PT Cruisers. What's so special about em? All I see is an SUV with a narrow front end.
    theyre a lot smaller than SUVs/4x4s id say, its a front wheel hatchback/station wagon type thing.
    i dunno, there's no good reason for the liking, they just look cool, they look like the cars in the 90s batman cartoons, or GTA2, they have a sorta neo/retro look about them that sets them apart from most other cars these days
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

England
    One of these..

Ive had it 3 years now though so its time for a change!

Super Moderator

UK
    Capn, you bastard!

Administrator

England
    I've still got my old Nissan 200SX... Bought it back in 95 when it was 3yrs old.... And had it since!

A couple of years ago I thought what the hell, and replaced the suspension and shocks to lower/improve its handling. I also put an induction kit and sports exhaust on it along with a boost controller to up its power.

At 15+ years old, she's just coming up to 86,000 miles now...

She's an old lass, but she still puts a smile on my face every day

Here's a photo pre-mod (except for the unstandard alloys)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Capn, you bastard!
    What's that dear chap?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

All I see is a Neon looking like an old time hearse.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've still got my old Nissan 200SX... Bought it back in 95 when it was 3yrs old.... And had it since!

A couple of years ago I thought what the hell, and replaced the suspension and shocks to lower/improve its handling. I also put an induction kit and sports exhaust on it along with a boost controller to up its power.

At 15+ years old, she's just coming up to 86,000 miles now...

She's an old lass, but she still puts a smile on my face every day

Here's a photo pre-mod (except for the unstandard alloys)

So they call that the 200SX over there? When that car was made and sold for US customers in the US it was the 240SX. They were kickass little cars.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 30-Mar-2007 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    All I see is a Neon looking like an old time hearse.

So they call that the 200SX over there? When that car was made and sold for US customers in the US it was the 240SX. They were kickass little cars.
    Bit different - Your version had a bigger (2.4lt) engine... Ours is a 1.8ltr engine with a turbo
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Car we have kind of ...

Quote Originally Posted by Huescacho View Post
    Hello!. This post is for we can know what kind of car we use in this site... My car is a Mitsubishi L300 (pick up). I love it!...
    Kind I have : 1997 Chevy conversion van custom 325 hp (w/ out the ac on ) 66,000 miles as of this week , been fanatical about maintaining it .Gift from my grandfather in 2001 . Lots of space , Pioneer 500 watt system for the tunes . Ammo crates in the back (lol)
    In high school I had a '76 Gran Torino 2 door /flat black/ phase 4 headers twin over head cams v8 " b!tch is born to run ", shift kit , 0-60 in 4.5 sec (as I remember ) I even had Monza headlight covers . It looked suspiciously like a car from a certain movie , hmmm (scratches chin) ... I wrapped it around a tree on new years eve , 1982 while listening to "Breaking the Law" ... Golly gee , time has its way of making things seem so distant . (sigh)
    Last edited by DVW5150; 30-Mar-2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: I dont need no stinking reason
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I wouldn't half mind an Aston Martin DB9 though!

Saw one in Hereford the other day - absolutely LUSH.
    That is soooooooooooooooooo the car I am gonna have if I ever win the lottery I love it you have very good taste

However I drive a Skoda Fabia (yeah alright Andy you can stop laughing now cos I don't care!!)

My Vauxhall Nova died last year I loved that car I really did and if they still made em now I would have another but they only went up to K reg

So I bought a Skoda, cheap, reliable and loads of room but I have found it nowhere near as nippy as my little Nova.

Dying

Undisclosed
    '91 Toyota PU 4X4. 290k miles (the last 11k since I rebuilt the engine). Reliable, fuel efficient, easy to work on and moderate cargo capacity if needed.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Spain
    Quote fromDvWw: Gift from my grandfather in 2001 . Lots of space , Pioneer 500 watt system for the tunes . Ammo crates in the back (lol)

A very good gift from your grandfather!. Is this true?. You have ammo crates in the back???. Why???.

England
    Just seen this thread.
    Heres a stock photo of my 2004 Seat Leon Cupra

Plenty of bang for your buck with these
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA