Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Which kind of car have you?

United States
    Didn't realize the miles were so low. I've replaced a head gaskets on a lot of these things and heard horror stories of self destructing transmissions. Hope this one gives you the same service your last one did.

Italy
    notice how the picis unavailable?

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

(yee-haw)

United States
    I have a '96 Ford Ranger (the small kind with no jump seat) which we've never had any major problems with (needs new tires, soon, though), and my husband has a 2005 white Chevy Cobalt (we got it in 2006 with only 3 miles on it). Rides smooth and has great gas mileage so take it on road trips.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I just got sold a turkey - with no recourse the only option is to repair it and flog it off...

It was a vauxhall corsa....it was cool, but the headgasket went and now the radiator's gone, and the engine block won't last a year apparently...

So today I test drove and offered to purchase a 1.4 Puegeot 307 - 2001 model, it's got all mod cons, half the mileage of my old car, and just all round better drive....

Just a shame i've had to lose close to a grand just to get out of this mess.

UGH
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Vauxhalls = crap engines!as much as i like the look of some vauxhalls (the VX220 for example) i wouldnt buy one purely because of the unreliability!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Vauxhalls = crap engines!as much as i like the look of some vauxhalls (the VX220 for example) i wouldnt buy one purely because of the unreliability!
    I Was in a Vauxhall taxi the other day... Over 440,000 mile, on the same engine!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I Was in a Vauxhall taxi the other day... Over 440,000 mile, on the same engine!
    My Mum used to have a Vauxhall Cavalier, it was an A reg, kinda like this one:

I was just a wee lad getting driven around in that, hehe, I have fond memories of it. It eventually got changed in 1995 (to the car which I now currently drive, as a matter of fact)...got sold to some lad as his first car, the lad of the people who run the local sports shop in town if I remember correctly ... I think the connection came when I was getting new rugby/football boots for school.

Cor, look at all the memories coming back, eh...if I'd been older, that would have been my first car.