Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: perhaps there is a god..

Undisclosed
    ha ha MZ you really hate this film already don't ya

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    F*ck that! I'll bring my wrath down upon Careers of the Dead with great fury!!!

Still - guaranteed, it'll chow down on teabagged balls, no diggity, no freakin' doubt.
    I'll check youtube for confirmation
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Coma - noiiice.

fartpants - hell yeah, it's guaranteed to suck, GUARANTEED. It's a safe bet, easy as pie ... not like Silver Birch comin' in on the Grand National today (if only I'd put money down on that, my sister picked the horse for fun and it bloody well won ... shame she didn't put a bet down, blimey!)

Undisclosed
    my girlfriend picked Silver Birch cos she liked the name , put £2 on it and won £80...lucky cow

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Haven't seen any new info on it so direct to dvd is a good bet. It's either that or it'll premeire on the sci-fi channel.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Buuuuuuuuuuurn!
    No, you are the sucker of...
    ah whatever
    Hardy har!
    DAY of the DIRECT TO DVD

Its a bad day to be direct to dvd
    thats beautiful... day of direct to dvd
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    thats beautiful... day of direct to dvd
    It serves them right for trying to capitalize on the name recognition and ass rape gar's work yet again.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Totally agree. They already stole the name from Dawn with their
    so called Dawn remake, which wasn't even a remaked, more of
    a rip off. (the film is okay on it's own, they shouldn't have used
    the title of Dawn though) and it looks like they're getting away with it again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Totally agree. They already stole the name from Dawn with their
    so called Dawn remake, which wasn't even a remaked, more of
    a rip off. (the film is okay on it's own, they shouldn't have used
    the title of Dawn though) and it looks like they're getting away with it again.
    The consensus is pretty much what you said. If it wasn't named what it was i have a feeling that people would have enjoyed it more. On that same note i feel that if land wasn't made by gar people wouldn't like it as much. We should do like an oblivious "coke or pepsi" style choice test next time without giving people the knowledge of titles or who made the film. That way prejudices that creep in when you hear a name like uwe boll won't be a factor.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yawn04 would have STILL sucked even if it had been called something else. Fact is, the script was a complete load of bollocks with zero characterisation beyond "they f*ck so therefore they have a close relationship ... or they're bored" - wow, now there's Oscar winning writing.

The zombies are ludicrous, there's no social commentary, it's all cheap shots and muggy jokes looking directly at the audience to get a retarded Family Guy bloke-in-a-crowd laugh (you know the one, the nameless bloke who popped up in one episode laughing hysterically at damn near nothing )

Fact is, Yawn04 was a sh*t film...at least the make-up FX were good and the use of CGI was correct.

And did anyone else find it ludicrously high contrast and ludicrously colourful? It looked like one of those coloured ball pens that kids jump into!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And did anyone else find it ludicrously high contrast and ludicrously colourful? It looked like one of those coloured ball pens that kids jump into!
    Yawn04 was more of a ripoff of 28 days later than anything else. Running "zombies" High COntrast DV look. etc.
    Me, I dont like simplisitic action movies. I like films for content and realism. Even a comedy has to have rich characters of its NOT FUNNY.
    Aliens, for example , is a good action film. Makes sense all the time and the characters are very defined.

You can get gore anywhere these days, unlike the 70s, so who gives a ****?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    You can get gore anywhere these days, unlike the 70s, so who gives a ****?

But if we give up then the pc police win. I still hold out hope that there will be a renaisance of the genre.

Undisclosed
    I consider myself a Romero fan, but I liked Dawn 04 and I'll watch the Day remake simply because I like the zombie lore in general...as long as it's not absolutely far reaching (such as flying zombies) and can be imagined in a real-life scenario. That makes it more scary to me than anything else. I guess that's why the infected people, though not dead, in 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks later made me cringe. A virus that bad is something to dread.
    Just how far away are we from something like that? Perhaps a mutated strain of rabies? Yikes!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
    I consider myself a Romero fan, but I liked Dawn 04 and I'll watch the Day remake simply because I like the zombie lore in general...as long as it's not absolutely far reaching (such as flying zombies) and can be imagined in a real-life scenario. That makes it more scary to me than anything else. I guess that's why the infected people, though not dead, in 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks later made me cringe. A virus that bad is something to dread.
    Just how far away are we from something like that? Perhaps a mutated strain of rabies? Yikes!
    Something like that is probably already well under way. The nuclear weapons we have aren't practical anymore when biological weapons can kill just as many people but at the same time leave a nations wealth in tact. It's a good bet that if we see it in the movies that it's old news.

United States
    This makes me think of an article I just read that prompted people to write to congress to block illegals from entering our country because they're spreading ummm... grr... leprocy! And just laughed for a good ten minutes...

I dont think we are far from creating a biological weapon with which to attack countries but I sincerely doubt we will ever use it. Simply for the same reason why we never attack anyone with an atomic bomb anymore. We'd end up killing everyone. I think thats why we dont use atomic weapons... not because we dont want to destroy necessary parts of the world but because we dont want to kill women and children. But lets face it in some instances children and women are just as dangerous as men. I mean heck look at rebels in Africa where they rape and murder women and young girls but raise the boys to work for them. And then in iraq they're essentially training children today how to become tommorows terrorists.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html