Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: perhaps there is a god..

England

perhaps there is a god..

This message has been posted on IMDB about the day remake..

"Upcomminghorrormovies.com just edited their database of Day of the Dead(2007). The release date, that was tentative, has been changed from April 2007 to No release date at this time. I have been unable to find, as of yet, a new release date or any new information having to do with this film. Does anyone know what has happened or if maybe they are waiting till movies such as Hills have eyes 2, Grindhouse 28 weeks later and Hostel 2 have left the theater so there will not be as much competition, for better profit. Hopefully this movie will still get a release even if it happens to be a straight to DVD. Also has anyone heard of any potential Dawn of the Dead 2. The reason i ask is that a couple of years ago it was in talks but nothing has become of it, yet. "

Maybe after all the hostility towards the trailer it will get binned

United States
    praise the lord or souls have been saved from the day of the dead remake.

United States
    Buuuuuuuuuuurn!
    No, you are the sucker of...
    ah whatever
    Hardy har!
    DAY of the DIRECT TO DVD

Its a bad day to be direct to dvd
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Buuuuuuuuuuurn!
    No, you are the sucker of...
    ah whatever
    Hardy har!
    DAY of the DIRECT TO DVD

Its a bad day to be direct to dvd

Cooooooooool

Careers of the Dead can lick the inside of my bum-bum, has nothing to do with the original movie except taking the name, and thereby, the critical and cultural acclaim that GAR's original fought for and rightly deserved.

I'd prefer "no release date at all, ever, we're going to bury it in the center of the earth forever", it blatantly doesn't deserve theatrical, even direct to DVD career death is too good for it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    This message has been posted on IMDB about the day remake..

"Upcomminghorrormovies.com just edited their database of Day of the Dead(2007). The release date, that was tentative, has been changed from April 2007 to No release date at this time. I have been unable to find, as of yet, a new release date or any new information having to do with this film. Does anyone know what has happened or if maybe they are waiting till movies such as Hills have eyes 2, Grindhouse 28 weeks later and Hostel 2 have left the theater so there will not be as much competition, for better profit. Hopefully this movie will still get a release even if it happens to be a straight to DVD. Also has anyone heard of any potential Dawn of the Dead 2. The reason i ask is that a couple of years ago it was in talks but nothing has become of it, yet. "

Maybe after all the hostility towards the trailer it will get binned
    I'm pretty sure it was just pushed back. I'm not that interested in seeing it either but this happens all the time. Rock and roll fans just need to look at the vaporware which is Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy and video game fans can reference Duke Nukem Forever. Same thing. Stuff gets pushed back all the time and once a "new" date is announced, that page will be updated accordingly. I'm sure some of the actors (or writers) may have already been paid, at least partially, so cancelling it altogether is not likely.

capncnut
    It's coming out in October folks.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    It's coming out in October folks.
    *sigh*

And I wouldn't compare Chinese Democracy (despite sounding shiite from the leaked demos, except "Better" anyway...) or DNF to Careers of the Dead. ... but I get your point nonetheless Bru...

Dead

Undisclosed
    Its coming out in October? Sh*t, and I just bought an expensive bottle of whino-grade diarrhea wine!

Undisclosed
    Nothing is ever shelved forever. Look at all the crap that Miramax finally put out when the Weinsteins left. No studio wants to eat the cost of a putting together a feature; they'll just invest in some splashy new trailers that use what few good scenes the movie might have. Same as this case. And it'll make a buck or two and we'll see another one.

Undisclosed
    all we can hope for is the studio will come to their senses and release it straight to dvd before the october release date

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    all we can hope for is the studio will come to their senses and release it straight to dvd before the october release date
    Release it to DVD straight into a constantly flushing toilet full of sh*t water.

capncnut
    Now, now, let's not be judgemental.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Now, now, let's not be judgemental.
    F*ck that! I'll bring my wrath down upon Careers of the Dead with great fury!!!

Still - guaranteed, it'll chow down on teabagged balls, no diggity, no freakin' doubt.

capncnut
    You know what though? Let's just say, for a second, that there was a chance that this movie was an absolute corker... man there's gonna be a lot of quiet folks on the forum.

Undisclosed
    There were some reshoots done and some of the special effects were being touched up when I spoke to Jeffry Reddick a few days before Easter... didn't ask about a definate date though ....
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....