Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working with Ken Foree this weekend

Undisclosed

Cool Working with Ken Foree this weekend

Hey guys, former poster back from a longtime sabattical. I thought I would get a semi-vanity post in since it involves someone everyone on this site knows fairly well.

My buddy and I are shooting an indie vampire film out here in LA. This weekend we get to work with "Peter" himself, Ken Foree. I am so psyched for it.

He plays a "blood dealer" (like a drug dealer) in it since the blood supply is contaminated by how much bad stuff (drugs, disease, etc.) is in people's blood. It should be a fun shoot.

If you want more info on the film, the website is liveevilthemovie.com

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    bitchin'!

ViP

United States
    Good to hear from you TC, glad to hear you shooting something. Good luck, and don't be a stranger.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Good to hear from you TC, glad to hear you shooting something. Good luck, and don't be a stranger.
    Hey ax. I'll try not to be one. Luckily my 9-5 type job has a lot of downtime and an internet connection.

capncnut
    Top news, update us man.

United States
    That is soo cool...I am somewhat new around here what do you do in movies exactly are you behind the camera or in front of the camera?
    It is soo GREAT whatever you are doing to working with Ken!
    Nice to meet you!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    That is soo cool...I am somewhat new around here what do you do in movies exactly are you behind the camera or in front of the camera?
    It is soo GREAT whatever you are doing to working with Ken!
    Nice to meet you!
    Back around 2001, I shot a short film based on Neil's (the owner of this website) short story, An Eye for An Eye. I have never really acted and don't have the looks or talent for it. Anyway, when I was filming this I cast this guy named Mark Terry, who became a good friend. He ended up producing this film, and I am basically the sound guy/assistant editor/PA/vice assistant associate producer or something, so I got in on this producer's photo.

dang, I can't post it till I have 15 posts on the board... hang on

Still trying to get over 15 posts to post the pic of him and the crew.

Let me just say Ken is a very cool guy. Physically he doesn't look the same as he did in the original Dawn, but if you saw the Dawn remake he looks a lot like that. He had grown a mustache when we shot on Saturday, so he actually looked a lot like the "Kenneth" character by Ving Rhames in the remake.

It was weird working with a guy that is like the best character ever from a horror film. Sometimes when he would blink I would notice the eyes of "Peter" from the original Dawn. Of course, our make-up guy and others knew who he was, while a couple didn't but could easily do an IMDb search and figure out who he was. He has a lot of stories to tell and is very genial. I worked with Tim Thomerson (Trancers series) on this as well, and, while he was pretty cool to work with, Ken is almost like a father figure with how nice he is.

As he left I almost went gay and tried to hug him when he gave me a hand shake.

I believe Ken, Tim Thomerson, Jay Woelfel (the director) are going to do a promo signing for the film at some Fango convention. I have no idea what convention, though. I'll keep ya tuned in.
    Last edited by TCDarkness; 02-Apr-2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed

Ken's a great man!

If you see some posts below, he was in my Grindhouse trailer submission. He was nice enough to come out for an hour or so, just before getting on a plane, to shot some dialogue scenes.

One day he and I will make a feature together!

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by PJoseph View Post
    If you see some posts below, he was in my Grindhouse trailer submission. He was nice enough to come out for an hour or so, just before getting on a plane, to shot some dialogue scenes.

One day he and I will make a feature together!

pJ
    That's awesome. He' definitely a cool guy. He is a bit costly, but then I think my buddy caved a bit too easily to his agent.

You still make films out in LA, PJ?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by TCDarkness View Post
    Back around 2001, I shot a short film based on Neil's (the owner of this website) short story, An Eye for An Eye. I have never really acted and don't have the looks or talent for it. Anyway, when I was filming this I cast this guy named Mark Terry, who became a good friend. He ended up producing this film, and I am basically the sound guy/assistant editor/PA/vice assistant associate producer or something, so I got in on this producer's photo.

Let me just say Ken is a very cool guy. Physically he doesn't look the same as he did in the original Dawn, but if you saw the Dawn remake he looks a lot like that. He had grown a mustache when we shot on Saturday, so he actually looked a lot like the "Kenneth" character by Ving Rhames in the remake.

It was weird working with a guy that is like the best character ever from a horror film. Sometimes when he would blink I would notice the eyes of "Peter" from the original Dawn. Of course, our make-up guy and others knew who he was, while a couple didn't but could easily do an IMDb search and figure out who he was. He has a lot of stories to tell and is very genial. I worked with Tim Thomerson (Trancers series) on this as well, and, while he was pretty cool to work with, Ken is almost like a father figure with how nice he is.

I believe Ken, Tim Thomerson, Jay Woelfel (the director) are going to do a promo signing for the film at some Fango convention. I have no idea what convention, though. I'll keep ya tuned in.
    I spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he seemed a really nice guy!! Only heard nice things about him!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Yes. I'm still happily living and working in L.A. Currently I'm directing film segments for The Taurus World Stunt Awards, which is a fantastic event for the stunt community. I'm working with some of the best working stuntmen and some of the legends!

I'm also writing a sequel to a big franchise video game (which is a two year deal). As soon as I can spill info regarding that, I will - it should be pretty cool.

As far as film goes, we've been pitching a movie with Frank Darabont and taking meetings about directing some smaller features. Just hustling everyday!

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Super Moderator

UK
    Sweet news PJoseph! I'm glad you're busy-busy-busy getting cool work.

The projects sound interesting, you teasing-us little monkey.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    you are unstoppable

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TCDarkness View Post

woww that is soo cool, you are so lucky to work so many talented people!
    I love to hear about all the background things about movies and the people, thank you for all the info! I am a huge Ken fan!

Undisclosed
    very cool, PJ. It is good to see horror fans still making stuff.

I haven't really done sh*t on my own in a long time. I usually just help other people film. I hardly even edit anymore. But hey, helping others got me to meet Ken.