Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: resident evil 4 wii edition, does anyone really care?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    once again danny finds the goods before gamespot

http://www.capcom.co.jp/wii_bio4/operation/index.html

so its official, i would be more excited by the umbrella chronicles trailer thats being released soon.

-speak of the devil

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

-SEE THAT'S HOW FRIKKIN FAST I FIND THIS STUFF!,

it states "witness the end of umbrella" so think this bridges the gaps between resi 3 and 4, sounds cool to me, the fps areas are slightly reminicent of house of thed ead, only serious, this is another to add to my wii list (4 days till i get my wii by the way)
    Last edited by Danny; 09-Apr-2007 at 12:49 AM.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Know what makes me laugh? the absurd behaviour behind RE fans they go "huh, Resi 4 was a steaming pile, there were no zombies, just them villagers that can run. WOW! Resi 5's gonna have zombies THAT CAN RUN! BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!"
    What the hell is the difference between a Ganados and a RE zombie anyway? NOTHING! They both go down wether you blow their brains out or not.

As a side note I find Final Fantasy fans going "Square hasn't commited any of it's numbered series to the DS EXCEPT 3 AND 12."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats cus all the other final fantasy's pre 7 are out on gba

but i hated resi 4 without even givign it a chance purely becuase it wasnt zombies, then i playe dit and fell in lvoe with the game, its freakin' awesome, though it does get more linear and crappy as it goes on the opening sequence in the village is one of the all time gameing greatest moments.

as for the zombeis ganados thing ganados were people taken over by the las plagas parasite and zombies are people who have died and been reanimated by the t-virus (if they were alive whilst infection took place and didnt die mutation would occur).
    as for resi 5 , i cant wait, 4 has revitalised the series when it was going downhill and my 360's jsut waitign for resi 5 (and my ds is waiting for crystal cronichles )

Kazakhstan
    you cant believe anyone says "tits"?

that phrase is the tits, bwoy.

i never actually played re4 that much, i gave up on re games after the first survivor one. re3 was just an expanded re2 except one of the puzzles was simply too hard to be fun
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    re3 was just an expanded re2 except one of the puzzles was simply too hard to be fun
    What puzzle? I can do that game blindfold.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=15348

its been over a year since the release of resi 4 on the cube and the ps2, so does anyone actually care about thsi wii version, cus aside from slashing the wiimote for the knife and aiming with it i cant see much more innovation than that. i think this is gonna be another far cry, just a title trying to use the new control system as selling point for a new port of an old game, wheni get my wii i want new innovative games, not ports of older games that ive allready finished.

Hell yeah! Well, if I got a wii for free and the game for free, because it wouldn't be worth it, especially since beat the game nearly twice already. But the six-axis has got to be really cool.

United Kingdom
    I guess I am just going to have to try befre I pass judgment.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a little bit from famitsu magazine

- Biohazard Umbrella Chronicle (Wii and Capcom)
    ・One is first chosen from two or more events (scenario) and the character of the selection and each scenario is chosen so that play may begin.
    ・The play of two simultaneously is possible (co-op).

co-op lightgun shooting of tha' zombies?!?!

could this finally be the lightgun party game/ zombie shootem up to take the crown from house 2?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    RE4 Wii Edition is a gem. Though it stinks its the best looking game on the console so far.
    Regarding Umbrella Chronicles...

Umbrella Chronicles Was Like RE4
    Capcom later changed it to an on-rails shooter, the dev says.
    by Matt Casamassina
    US, April 30, 2007 - The on-rails Wii shooter Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is set to tell the full, sprawling story of the survival horror series, bridging the gaps between RE remake, RE0, RE1, RE2 and RE3. What fans may not realize, however, is that the game was originally set to look and play like Resident Evil 4. Only after Capcom took a look at Nintendo's new hardware did it decide to mix up the formula.

"At the initial stage of development, Umbrella Chronicles' play system was similar to Resident Evil 4's," producer Masachika Kawata told Famitsu in a video interview. "But, it's extremely difficult on Wii. Too complicated to enjoy. Wii users like easiness. Umbrella Chronicles is not only for game enthusiasts. Complex operability can be an obstacle for Wii users. We want players to enjoy the game's horrifying and creepy world and its thrilling shooting action. By reducing enthusiast-only elements, players can purely enjoy the world."

To achieve this goal, Kawata admits that Capcom "… had to compromise to a lower difficulty level."

In addition to taking players through RE remake, RE0, RE1, RE2, and RE3, the game will also chronicle the downfall of the Umbrella Corporation. According to Capcom, all new missions have been designed to tell the tale. "New episodes between RE3 and RE4 are revealed in Umbrella Chronicles," according to the development studio.
    source: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/784/784627p1.html

Canada
    judging by that article, it seems most wii users are retards who can't even play a game right.

man, that bites..why the hell can't the wii do it....i mean, it did have re4 on it and all that...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    RE4 with PS2 content? so what are Wii in for? the Gamecube version? the PS2 version? Will the main game have improvements?
    A graphical update of the PS2 port but with full Wii Remote, Gamecube controller and even Classic controller compatibility. Apparently the Wii Edition is a lot faster than other versions too.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    To sum up RE4 Wii Edition it's the Gamecube standard visuals for all the games including Seperate Ways. The cut scenes in Leons story and Assignment Ada are 'in game' so they'll reflect environment damage and costume changes - with the exception of the PS2 costumes. Seperate Ways cut scenes are still pre rendered and so are the ones in the Movie browser.
    I love the Wii remote controls but have played RE4 to death on the Cube, Mercenaries is still alot of fun.

I'm hoping Capcom will revise RE:UC before it's release and include games you can control in RE4 style. I think guiding your own character will make the experience more scary. Imagine what they could cover:
    - What the Bravos got up to in the Mansion before Alpha team arrived.
    - How Krauser met Leon maybe in the Racoon City clean up operation.
    - What happened in the RPD before Leon arrived - it was covered in files you can find in RE2.
    They could maybe throw in a unlockable 'RE4 enemy' mode where you find Ganados replace zombies just for replay value.

The next game RE5 seems to be a long way away.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 07-Jul-2007 at 12:58 PM.

ViP

United States
    Bought this one today, I might be out for a few weeks

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i played a copy of resi 4 on the wii and it looks better and runs faster than the wii, overall it improves on it, but the aiming is a bit fiddly to get used to at first, but aside from that not bad at all really.

which surprised me.