Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: resident evil 4 wii edition, does anyone really care?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

resident evil 4 wii edition, does anyone really care?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=15348

its been over a year since the release of resi 4 on the cube and the ps2, so does anyone actually care about thsi wii version, cus aside from slashing the wiimote for the knife and aiming with it i cant see much more innovation than that. i think this is gonna be another far cry, just a title trying to use the new control system as selling point for a new port of an old game, wheni get my wii i want new innovative games, not ports of older games that ive allready finished.

capncnut
    Bury the game, even my grammie plays it.

United States
    Does the RE4 PS2 chainsaw controller work on the Wii?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^.....i'm guessing thats sarcasm, if not...ugh i dunno.

capncnut
    Come on, I wanna see some f**kin' zombies for a change!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    what about zombies with las plagas inside em'?

now that would be cool, unless they were slow zombies, resi 4 controls with slow zombies would be THE easiest game in existence , hence most likely why theres fast ones in resi 5, which we should finally be getting info on next month

Canada
    resident evil 4 was okay..i don't think it was the best in teh series by any stretch..it was alot easier compared to the others and i just didn't get frightened as much...altho, gettign your head lopped off by a chainsaw weilding dude man is so tits...i like how their are so many different ways to die tho..getting your face melted...and stabbed in the face by one of those clawed sons of bitches...

T
    I
    T
    S

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    first off i cant believe anyone actually uses that word in that context.

secon, this is more news on umbrella chronicles, wich has a redesigned version of resi 4 set purely in the village and rumours perssist that its an actual free roaming forest not mysteriously dug trenches in eachare linking them up. i hated that about fable as well.

"expanding upon the past RE games
    The game will feature areas and characters from the past main games, excluding the spin-offs. The game will be divided in chapters according to the areas, and depending on the area, you will get to play as the respective characters. For example, control Jill/Chris for the 1st chapter (the Mansion chapter), or Claire/Leon for the 2nd chapter (RPD chapter). Needless to say, you'll play as Carlos/Jill in the 3rd chapter, and Ada/Leon in the 4th. Although the battle system will be quite similar to RE4, you will be able to use the Wiimote as the lightgun here. New events and dialogues will be added to explain the various questions and plotholes, but most importantly they will be there to explain the story gap between RE: CV and RE4, and how Umbrella got ended just like that.

Past areas such as RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's Raccoon City, RE4's village will be updated/recreated using the power of Nintendo Wii. A large amount of scenes will be added, though its still unknown whether they'll be in CG. Needless to say, they'll be served to expand the story.

updated engine of RE4
    The game will use the RE4's engine as the basis. The game will be in full 3D, and the exploration style is similar too. The semi 1st person perspective shooting is also included. The "ACTION BUTTON"/QTE system used in RE4 will be enhanced. Actions such as Ada's kick, jumping through window, dodging laser can be now executed with special actions using the Wiimote. As for shooting, you can use the Wiimote as a lightgun. Each characters have their respective actions which you can use, so you can basically say that you are replaying the past RE games using the RE4 engine.

The rosters
    Since the past scenarios are featured, obviously the characters are back too. You'll start the game as Jill or Chris in the RE1 mansion chapter. Both of them are able to use the Handgun, but the Shotgun is exclusive to Chris, just like the Grenade Launcher for Jill. Chris have higher vitality but is slow, while Jill is just the opposite. Completion of the chapter unlock more chapters featuring the areas in chronicle order. For example, RE2 chapter will have you using Claire/Leon, Jill/Carlos in RE3, and Ada/Leon in RE4. Unlockable characters will include Rebecca Chambers, Albert Wesker, and the 4th survivor Hunk.

As each characters have their own characteristics, the strategy and playing style, of course, will varies. You'll need quite an amount of time to unlock all of the characters.

2 main modes revealed
    There are 2 main modes for the game. The first is the "Scenario Mode", whereby you play the chapters in chronicle order, from RE1 to RE4. The chapter have different game length due to the amount of story element. Therefore, RE2 chapter will be longer than RE3 chapter, and such. Respective characters and weapons will make their appearance, so this mode is the 'main' mode of the game.

In the "Arcade Mode", the areas are made into stages. For example, RE1's mansion will be the 1st stage, and the RPD as the 2nd stage, the city as the 3rd and the village as the 4th. You'll use different characters to clear the stage, but there's no hidden element upon clearing. Its just a mode for those who are in the mood of killing only.

weapon collecting
    The weapon side have been given some changes too. You can only carry a primary weapon and a secondary weapon. For example, Chris will carry a Handgun and a Shotgun. When the ammunition is depleted, the weapon will disappear. This is to make the player to conserve their bullet, just like what they should do in the older REs.

New weapons picked up along the way and bonus materials can be saved as data upon chapter completion. Returning weapons include the Desert Eagle, Chicago Typewriter, and the Enhanced Shotgun. Besides being consistence with the original story, they are there for nostalgic purpose. New weapons will appear too, such as a laser and the robots that Krauser uses in RE4.

Exclusive for the Wii
    As various actions can only be done by the Wiimote, this game is only exclusive for the Nintendo Wii. Due to the console limitation, the RE5 won''t be appearing on the Wii, so this game serve as a compensation too.

Capcom plans to announce more detail about the game on September's TGS. Look out for more screenshots and more Wiimote features when that date comes!"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    T
    I
    T
    S
    Nice choice of catchphrase.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6168718....stnews;title;0

LOL!, i gave you the news here ages ago and its just made it onto gamespot yesterday!, damn are these guys gettin' lazy or what?

capncnut
    Looks like the Gamezville Guru is out of a job.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    man i hated that show, those two black dudes who were in the late 20's/ early 30's trying to be "gangsta" and at the same time d"down with the gamers" was like watching a car wreck in slow motion, though domonik diamond is older and 'when games attack' rocked.

capncnut
    "Now lets check out Sarah at the Mobile Pad." <poxy muxic>

There's gonna be some U.K. lovers though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i doubt it, that said there is devvo ....

Twitching

Undisclosed
    RE4 with PS2 content? so what are Wii in for? the Gamecube version? the PS2 version? Will the main game have improvements?
    What next? Zelda: The Wind Waker?