Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Doctor Who ... yay!

Super Moderator

UK
    david tennant
    Perzactly!

His style reminds me of the old school Doctors, just a bit updated and a little more obviously kooky ... i.e. less crazy transport (that shonkey old yellow car), or less crazy attire (that MASSIVE scarf and hat) ... I guess he verbalises/physically represents, the Doc's inherent oddness.

Ecclestone was really good to reboot the franchise, but he was always a bit too gruff for me, like an underlying intensity like he was always one step away from headbutting you, Northern Style...whereas with Tennant, like the other Doctors, his general attitude/air is being nice and affable, but when he does kick off then you know sh*t's going down, and likewise, when he gets upset and such, it adds extra gravitas to the situation.

I've been really impressed with Tennant's performance as the man himself, top shelf banana alright.

Kazakhstan
    he's got the best outfit too.

the key to a good doctor is seeming a bit weird but friendly one minute, then proper, stern, glaring headmaster giving someone a bollocking the next.

tennant is a who fan of many years, and i think he understands this totally
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    he's got the best outfit too.

the key to a good doctor is seeming a bit weird but friendly one minute, then proper, stern, glaring headmaster giving someone a bollocking the next.

tennant is a who fan of many years, and i think he understands this totally
    Spot-the-fudge-on my chap, Tennant is reminiscent of the old school Doctors, and that nice 'default demeanour', which can be overpowered by sorrow or anger really packs a punch.

capncnut
    william hartnell
    The Gunfighters.

United States
    I just hope they don't get in the habit of the Doctor getting romantic with every new companion he picks up. I actually like the cast dynamic a little better when he travels with 2 companions.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by tkane18 View Post
    I just hope they don't get in the habit of the Doctor getting romantic with every new companion he picks up.
    I gotta admit, that bothers me too. Are the scriptwriters being too loose with the Doctor's emotions?

United Kingdom
    I think its interesting that he is getting all romantic, I mean 900 odd years and no other time lords to play with, its gotta be fustrating.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    theres a "bigger on the inside" joke there but i dont think i can say it in any tasteful way

Undisclosed
    I think this DOCTOR is going to be doing some love-making with are lovely new Doc-babe this season. She could be the time lords next wife to be, the way he gave the impression that he felt about her in the first episode; she might feel the same?

Kazakhstan
    anyone catch tonights?
    aside from the naff climax with the crap cgi witches and the constant "i think ill use that" jokes, i thought it was pretty good, definitely an improvement on last week's...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye, totally better than the first one, i especially liked the ending which hinted at a later episode or something. hope it keeps getting better each ep like this

capncnut
    anyone catch tonights?
    F**k, I missed it!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ah man it was a good one:

and no i aint gonna spoil it for ya, bbc3 it byatch, snoogans,

capncnut
    You bitch!

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye I enjoyed it...the CGI witches are the end weren't seen that much, and come on ... it's the BBC, they can only afford a certain number of shots per episode ... and it's TV ... in the UK ... so it's not going to be totally amazing, but compared to a few years ago, CGI in TV is actually pretty good these days.

I enjoyed it, the "I'll use that" jokes didn't grate on me, barely noticed the frequency of them. Tennant was awesome as usual...I think, perhaps, the chemistry between this new girl and Tennant is better than between Billie "Cos You Want To" Piper and Tennant ... speaking of Piper, has anyone recently seen that music video for her song? OMFGZZZ-LOL!1!11!!!111! it's BAD! The CGI dustbin that morphs into a piss-poor person, the character from the billboard, the Rhino-thing-doorman-thing, ah geez!

If you can't afford good CGI, then DON'T USE IT!!! (mind you, it was the mid-to-late-1990s).