Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, April fools day?

Administrator

England

So, April fools day?

What did everyone do? anything?

i was going to do something to the forums but i forget and had to do the early at work lol so i guess you all got off the hook

United Kingdom
    I didn't do anything myself but my daughter got me twice, I spent the morning trying along with my mum, my sister and her boyfriend to get Glastonbury tickets which we didn't manage to do

Anyway I was soooooooo into the task at hand refresh pages, ring hang up ring again etc when Soph shouted up that the telly had gone off I thought nothing of it and went downstairs to sort it. Only to find that the little sod had just turned everything off, so I obviously spent the next 10 minutes tickling her so that is probably why we missed out on the tickets

The other one was about a big spider that i only half fell for

Super Moderator

UK
    Didn't do a single thing, pretty much forgot about it, didn't see anything online either...

Just played STALKER, did some editing, did some rendering with Magic Bullet (SPOOOOOODGE!!! ), watched the second part of Tarkovski's "Stalker", watched some Top Gear and then just now Louise Theroux meets the most hated family in America (the *sigh* phelps' - who are worthy of nothing short of assassination quite frankly )...

Anyway, did f*ck all, all day basically. Slept in till after 11am too, so that was nice...

Undisclosed

New! Get FREE breakthrough broadband with Google TiSP (BETA).

http://www.google.com/tisp

This is pretty good.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    The other one was about a big spider that i only half fell for
    That reminds me, I saw the biggest dirtiest rottenest spider on my 360 today. I'm not joking, it s**t the life out of me. So big it was, I almost chickened out of picking it up and putting it outside, which I did nervously. Normally, they are never a bother to me but this one...

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    watched the second part of Tarkovski's "Stalker"
    So what didya think man?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i put on a jumpsuit, a cape and a luchadore mask and hid in a coffin shaped box in my grandads garage and sent my friend a text message to go in and "not look in the coffin", he got near it, of course, and i jumpe dout yelling as many spanish words as i can remember from high school spanish, which wasnt many since i got an f, but yeah, i scared the crap out of him, the only bad thing was i set up my camera but forgot to lower the lens shutter

funny as fook though.

United States
    [QUOTE=CapnKnut;78181]That reminds me, I saw the biggest dirtiest rottenest spider on my 360 today. I'm not joking, it s**t the life out of me. So big it was, I almost chickened out of picking it up and putting it outside, which I did nervously. Normally, they are never a bother to me but this one...
    Capt' , after a terrible storm last summer here in Maryland , I discovered a 5 by 5 inch (diameter) brown (their venom kills , their saliva carries necrotizing fasceitis -flesheating bacteria ), recluse spider . My hair stood on end , my God the f^cker was huge . Before I even thought about killing it , I realized that something that big had to survive some pretty hard sh!t to live that long and get that big . It had probably battled its share of foes , lived for a few summers , winters and its fate is bug spray , or my engineer boot crushing its exoskeleton to crunchy goo? No way , I spent a good 1/2 hour chasing it around my room and got it into a cup and set it free in the old growth forest behind the house . Hats off to you Captknut ...
    April fools day ? I hate that sh!t . People dont need an excuse to play tricks on others .
    Last edited by DVW5150; 02-Apr-2007 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Non-specific scurvy
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    i put on a jumpsuit, a cape and a luchadore mask and hid in a coffin shaped box in my grandads garage and sent my friend a text message to go in and "not look in the coffin", he got near it, of course, and i jumpe dout yelling as many spanish words as i can remember from high school spanish, which wasnt many since i got an f, but yeah, i scared the crap out of him, the only bad thing was i set up my camera but forgot to lower the lens shutter

funny as fook though
    Brill, shame about the camera though.

Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    Capt' , after a terrible storm last summer here in Maryland , I discovered a 5 by 5 inch (diameter) brown (their venom kills , their saliva carries necrotizing fasceitis -flesheating bacteria ), recluse spider . My hair stood on end , my God the f^cker was huge . Before I even thought about killing it , I realized that something that big had to survive some pretty hard sh!t to live that long and get that big . It had probably battled its share of foes , lived for a few summers , winters and its fate is bug spray , or my engineer boot crushing its exoskeleton to crunchy goo? No way , I spent a good 1/2 hour chasing it around my room and got it into a cup and set it free in the old growth forest behind the house . Hats off to you Captknut ...
    April fools day ? I hate that sh!t . People dont need an excuse to play tricks on others .
    Well done for catching it, I don't mind catching smallish ones now but would have left the house rather than catch something that size. If you can see the hairs on it's legs that's too big, thank god i have never seen one the size you describe here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Brill, shame about the camera though.
    im damn pissed about that now, ive never left the lens cover on before when filming anything, its gonna be buggin' me for days. at least.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im damn pissed about that now, ive never left the lens cover on before when filming anything, its gonna be buggin' me for days. at least.
    You'll have to stage something else and make sure the cover is off, he might not suspect anything now April fools is over mind I guess that would pretty much depend on how trusting he is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    .......... ............

....... .

Super Moderator

UK
    So what didya think man?
    Over all good ... quite slow and ponderous, the glances to camera or the flat out looking at the camera/addressing the viewer was nifty, you felt like you were in the zone as a result.

The cinematography, while rough around the edges, was visually superb. Some of the dialogue was a bit naff, or a bit "why?", perhaps a tad up it's own arse ... but apart from that, rather spiffing, what-what.

capncnut
    Thoroughly glad you liked it old chap.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    .......... ............

....... .

Soooo wanna see the results if you pull it off

United States
    Gal from church had a good story. She grew up on a local farm. Apparently her family is well known for their pranks. Her dad really got the brother good one year - bucket of water over the bathroom door, dog food in the cereal box, shaving cream on the door handles... the whole nine yards. In revenge the kids put honey inside their Dad's underware. So at 5am the next morning the Dad gets dressed in the dark and goes outside to feed the cattle. Now normally you put the feed in the trough and the cattle start eating right away. Instead the farmer had a dozen or more cows following him around. When they started nudging him in the back he knew something was wrong.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse