Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Competition - 'Deadlands' DVD

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    "Peking Duck"

Too funny..

After I heard the story, i couldn't resist.

MZ, my faves are General Tso Chicken (Mild Spicy), Chicken Fried Rice, Crispy Beef, and/or Kung Pao Chicken.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Chicken Sezuchuan, special fried rice, King Do spare ribs, mini spring rolls, glass of Tsing Tao, heaven.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am a chinese food junkie. If I don't have it at least once a week, I'm not happy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

capncnut
    Another example of HPotD rambolia, from the Deadlands DVD to chinese food. And it's only the second page too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well when you talk chinese everything goes loopy from there. How about them Hooters?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    If you have a copy of Deadlands from the original self-release, you have a collectors item now - but these are not the same as what you already have so be sure to enter again!

Collectors item you say? how much you reckon i'll get for the signed on DJ sent me a while back on eBay?

j/k

But competition entered... mainly cuz im greedy and i want another one

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Collectors item you say? how much you reckon i'll get for the signed on DJ sent me a while back on eBay?

That's a good question. Maybe I should throw my copies up on ebay after the screening this weekend.. Hmmm...

Undisclosed
    call me stupid, but how exactly do i enter this comp

Super Moderator

UK
    You go to the main HPOTD page (not the forum) and go to the competitions page.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

j/k

But competition entered... mainly cuz im greedy and i want another one
    You just want one with the hard to get off sticker.

The nice thing about the first copies is the artwork is in Black and White, the re-release is blood red and modified which makes myself release rare. There is probably only about 100+ copies of the original artwork that are signed.

To be honest if you sold it you woudl lose money. , some people think you should pay them to take it from you.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The nice thing about the first copies is the artwork is in Black and White, the re-release is blood red and modified which makes myself release rare. There is probably only about 100+ copies of the original artwork that are signed.
    Y'know, I realized earlier in this thread I said the tempe dvd has 'even better' artwork. I shouldn't have put it that way because what I really meant 'improved' artwork, 'cause the artwork the chuck did for the initial DVD realase was FANTASTIC. I only say the tempe artwork is 'improved' becuase I love the red moon - it makes it look so ominous and creepy. Without Chuck's original design, that wouldn't have been possible, so kudos to him for the initial idea and the initial artwork - it kicked ass.

LC

capncnut
    I only say the tempe artwork is 'improved' becuase I love the red moon - it makes it look so ominous and creepy. Without Chuck's original design, that wouldn't have been possible, so kudos to him for the initial idea and the initial artwork.
    I am still a virgin to the zombie masterpiece that is Deadlands but I have to say that the artwork is one of the things that attracted me to it. The crimson full moon in the background gives off a really dark atmosphere and I love the retro feel of it. Was that intentional?
    Last edited by capncnut; 18-Apr-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    what the cost though, i bought mine off dj for 8 quid, no postage and they signed it , i can recommend it cap'n the ending may bug you a little, but it kinda just makes the sequel a more "must see movie"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    The crimson full moon in the background gives off a really dark atmosphere and I love the retro feel of it. Was that intentional?
    Actually, I'm not sure. Gary coordinated the revision and approval of the artwork with Tempe, so i'm not sure of the details of how that went down.

Dj?

capncnut
    Judging from the trailer, it's like most folks would have expected the poster to be a digital screenshot of a zombie snarling with some kind of blood splattered fontage. But you guys opted for a really cool little piece of art that I think speaks way more than some flashy photograph.

It's kinda cool man... and definitely retro looking.