Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Competition - 'Deadlands' DVD

Administrator

England

New Competition - 'Deadlands' DVD

To celebrate the official release of 'Deadlands' on DVD this month, Homepage of the Dead has two copies to give away. Entry is free so get a move on!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Now this is one competition I wanna win. Really wanna see Deadlands.
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Apr-2007 at 02:59 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Should be getting my copy very soon *rubs hands* ... I CANNY WAIT!

capncnut
    Slippery slut.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    bought my copy of dj ages ago, so for once i dont have to enter

United States
    yeah got a signed copy from him awhile ago. it sits not with my other dvds but on a shelf since its signed and a pre dvd release

feel special dj. feel special.

capncnut
    I want to win this comp like you can't believe. If I don't, I'll probably buy the thing anyway, I've been meaning to see it for a long time now.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just got my copy in the mail today, can't wait to check it out ... Dj, I'll do my best not to spoodge anywhere near it.

United States
    Keep in mind, everyone - these Deadlands DVD's are different from the original self-release we did initially. These are official Tempe versions of the DVD - sealed, and packed with wicked cool extras like I Am Zombie Man, revised (and much better) artwork, commentaries - which there are two of, and some other nice added bonuses.

Plus, this version actually has a barcode and that silly sticker on the top that's a bitch to get off.

If you have a copy of Deadlands from the original self-release, you have a collectors item now - but these are not the same as what you already have so be sure to enter again!

LC

PS - Neil, can I enter too? Can you believe the producer still does not have his crew copy yet!? Bad DJ, Bad!

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh man, that bloody sticker! ARGH! I sliced that bitch with some scissors!

Just got done watching the cast & crew commentary, which was great by the way, lots of fun to listen to, and no silent moments - which can be a right bitch with commentaries, but not here, the tempo keeps going, lots of info, lots of fun, pointed out things I didn't notice before - "all you do is yap, yap, yap" ... I now officially love that line.

Also, the film looks even better than I remember it, has Dj done some tweaking on it between the original release and this release? It just looked even better, especially the DVX footage *ahhhhhhhhhhhhh*

And I have a collector's version now too, sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

United States
    Thanks MZ, we tried to make the "group" commentary interesting for everyone to listen to. I HATE boring commentaries. I like ones that tell you everything that happened behind the scenes - and when they point out the not-so-obvious bits in the film. Somehow, that makes me like a film even more 'cause I feel like i'm "in" with the director.

As far as the picture quality on the Tempe DVD release - oh, you know Dj did some tinkering with the film prior to submitting it to Tempe, there's no question.

I'm still waiting for the "Super deluxe never before seen directors cut of the directors cut unrated special three disc edition in a collectors box" version.

Super Moderator

UK
    Totally, the image looked even better this time around, especially on the DVX footage, like I said before, but I thought I'd hammer the point home again.

Man alive I love the DVX...ahhhh...then splash some Magic Bullet on top of that...ah mate, you've got a slice of heaven right there!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes'em, I did some tweaking of the picture and the audio. I added some contrast to most of the footage to bring out the blacks, I also did more color correction, not a lot but a bit more.

The differences between the two DVD's

Original Release

Film (62 Minutes)
    My Commentary
    PCM Stereo Mix
    April 2006 Teaser (90 Seconds)
    July 2006 Trailer (2 Minutes)
    Eating Habits Teaser (60 Seconds)
    Season of the Dead Teaser (70 seconds)
    Brian's Interview (6 mins)
    Director Producer 2.35:1 Widescreen explanation
    signed by me, or by me Brian and Michelle

TEMPE Release

Film (63 Minutes) - Disclaimer runs longer, end Credits slightly changed
    (2) Commentaries (Mine plus cast & crew)
    Newer Theatrical trailer (2 min 15 seconds)
    Original March 2006 teaser (1 Min 31 seconds)
    Other Tempe Trailers (10 Minutes)(Stink Of Flesh, Red Skulls, Ghoul School, & one other)
    Interview w/ Brian (6 minutes)
    Interview w/ me (27 Minutes)
    I am Zombie Man with Intro by Nick Thomson (10 Mins) (Peking Duck)
    Dolby Digital 2.0 Sound Mix
    None Signed
    Season, Eating Habits Teasers, plus the 2.35:1 disclaimer have been deleted.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    (Peking Duck)
    I was always more partial to sweet & sour chicken (minus the sour sauce), white boiled rice, chips (how they used to do them) and chicken sate (better when it wasn't on sticks though).

*drools*

Don't worry folks, it's an inside joke of an inside joke.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I am Zombie Man with Intro by Nick Thomson (10 Mins) (Peking Duck)
    "Peking Duck"

Too funny..