Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KING KONG on DVD

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

KING KONG on DVD

KING KONG is on DVD today. So get out there and spend your $30.00 for the special collector's edition.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey DJ....let me ask, for having never seen the film, is it worth a purchase?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up anyway, I just figured alittle confirmation wouldn't hurt.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A lot of people feel it could use some editing to cut down running time, however, I think the 3 hour running time was perfect because you are able to be absorbed by all the characters and the story. I also think this King Kong ranks above the remake from the 1970's and is about on par with the original.

Now if you don't hold the original in high regard you won't like this version, but if you love the original you will love this remake. I would give it a 8.5 out of 10.

Pick it up dude, you won't be disappointed.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    oh cool, I need some new coasters to set my glasses and cups on; my collection of Lord of The Rings coasters are a bit worn and chipped now.

ViP

United States
    I thought it was a beautiful film but I have only seen it once. I don't know how it will hold up after repeated viewings.

Super Moderator

UK
    I was a bit sceptical, I wasn't in any rush to see it in cinemas ... however saw it about a week ago and it was really very good. Quite touching and moving and although a tad too long, it never really dragged - amazing for a 3 hour movie.

Hell there's some 75 minute movies that just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag...

I say give it a shot, if you were feeling the vibe of the Rings trilogy, although Kong has bugger all to do with elves and Mordors and suchlike, it really is worth seeing...

...and damn youze and that bloody dancing Farley gif! I have to scroll down to avoid being hypnotised by it...grrr!

Administrator

England
    It'll be a renter for me I think... Looking forward to watching it again though
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is going to be a stupid question considering how DVDs are released these days but, does anyone know if the Special Edition that's available today is actually THE Special Edition?

I mean, Is there going to be another in three months with more features or does this one pretty much cover that?

Super Moderator

UK
    If it's anything like the LOTR 4-discers...then yeh that's probably it. I think I remember seeing the specs earlier today - yes, that's right, my memory sucks ... big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Anyway, it looked like a good package - plus there is also that separate DVD, the King Kong production diaries or something, they came out a while ago - not sure if that's included on the KK DVD, or if it's kind of a "buy both ya bastards!" situation...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I gotsta say...

I watched it last night and...DAMN. Awesome. I loved it.

Personally, the three hour length didn't bother me but I can see how it would for some people. And if they wanted to, they probaly could have cut back on some of the stuff that happens on "Skull Island".

Great flick, indeed. I think it's better than Jackson's "LOTR" trilogy(maybe you should give "Kong" a try, Adreno .

Im actually excited to see the film again. It did a good job of sticking with the original film's story as well.

I give it a 9 out of 10. Those were three entertainment-packed hours.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    king kong is a horrible film its like "look we can use c.g.i to wow you and....theres a bit of sotryline- but look jack blackoo hes funny".

though it is another remake so i wasnt exactly let down by it, adn i for one aint getting the Dvd.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think there were too many corners they could have cut with the CGI there, man. Big ape, New York in the 30's, etc...

I thought the CGI was pretty well done. There were only a few shots that were painfully obvious. The rest seemed to mix well.

While watching the film, I got the sense of adventure that's kind of like a mix between the "Indiana Jones" films, "Jurrasic Park", and "The Goonies"(strange comparison...I know). It was very entertaining to me....regardless of the CGI.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    why does everybody seem to know either the goonies or the breakfast club?,lol.

just one of lifes great mysterys.

"neh!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Goonies never say die!"

Yeah, you're right. I think EVERYONE has seen the "Goonies" at least once.

Hey man, what is that kitchen in your footer picture? Is it the "Glutton" kitchen from "Seven"?

United States
    A lot of people feel it could use some editing to cut down running time, however, I think the 3 hour running time was perfect because you are able to be absorbed by all the characters and the story. I also think this King Kong ranks above the remake from the 1970's and is about on par with the original.
    Dj, I'm gonna file this one under "you've been smoking too much pot"

Seriously, this movie could've been trimmed by at LEAST 2 hours and still been a coherent film. 3 hours+ was completely unnecessary.

An hour alone just on the boat on the way to the island?! Give to me a large break.

Sorry, in my book, this movie was only so-so. Like Adrenochrome said, it's at least good coaster material.