Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hobo with a Shotgun fake trailer for Grindhouse

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate, trust, I simply must see it in the cinema! Hence me even stating that even if I "have to go billy" in order to see it, I bloody well will!

It sounds really good, from what I've seen of it in trailers/interviews/featurettes etc (and read about) it seems right up by sleazy back alley (no, not my asshole, *gol!* )

Even watching the trailer I have a huge grin over my face, same again today in the cinema - stuntman mike going on about "you've really gotta be in my seat" and then slamming on the break with the music kicking in on the trailer - AH MATE, GRINS ME UP RIGHT NICE EVERYTIME.

SIMPLY...MUST...SEE...ON...THE...SILVER ... and I trust your judgement Bassman, we've historically had the same taste in movies.

And if I might, if you haven't seen "Sunshine" yet, SEE IT. It's the thinking man's Armageddon ... minus the cheese...minus the "Harry I love you!!!". It's truly a great film, it had me dazzled with it's beauty - it really is a beautiful film, it had my breath snatched away and my eyes watering up with the power of the situation, the power of the soundtrack, the power of the visuals...I f*cking loved it...superb on the big screen. Absolutely spellbinding.

capncnut
    I've wanted to see Sunshine for a while now, I'm off uptown to see that sometime soon.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And if I might, if you haven't seen "Sunshine" yet, SEE IT. It's the thinking man's Armageddon ... minus the cheese...minus the "Harry I love you!!!". It's truly a great film, it had me dazzled with it's beauty - it really is a beautiful film, it had my breath snatched away and my eyes watering up with the power of the situation, the power of the soundtrack, the power of the visuals...I f*cking loved it...superb on the big screen. Absolutely spellbinding.

Yeah, I was definitely planning on checking it out. I mean...its Danny Boyle. I don't think it's released here for a couple months, though.

United States
    Rutger Hauer is - HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN. They're now 3 days into filming this. Gotta love the last shot of this teaser:

Last edited by CoinReturn; 23-Apr-2010 at 10:00 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Trailer

Some nice kills in there. The main draw is Hauer, though. Love the dude...

United States
    Fuck yeah!!! that looks awesome!!! It's almost. . . .not quite, but almost Troma cheesy. . . but with that seriousness that you only see in the best of the bad movies. Nice.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm soooooooooooooooooo watching that movie in the cinema, and getting it on disc.

United States

Hoooly Sheeeaaaaat.

Someone was paying some SERIOUS attention during every bad movie made in the 70's & 80's!

I laughed in near-disbelief through almost the entire clip.

Awesome.

United States

New 1-sheet poster...

It looks like total campy fun, which seems to be the only style of action & horror movie that I enjoy now.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm properly looking forward to Hobo. I watched the vlogs online and it just made me even more amped to see it. It looks like it's going to be a wild ride alright. I can't wait to get my mits on it! I assume it'll be direct-to-DVD in the UK, but you never know...

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Caught Hobo this weekend. WOW!!! What a great ride! IMHO, the best Grindhouse movie other than Planet Terror. This blows Machete away! Watch it fi you can, its great. It's on OnDemand on DirecTv right now, thats were we caught it.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi