Thread: The more I use this system...

United States

The more I use this system...

...the more I like it. It has some great features! Is this specially written software, just for Neil? Or is it something you had to buy?

Is your old code/software system for sale?

Administrator

England
    its bought software called vBulletin (more info) which ive been running for different sites for years. the version HPotD is now running has been heavilly modified by me.

Isle of Man
    Yea I am slowly but surely getting into this board. It just has a lot more options...the games are nice...though fuhrer Philly Swat wont let anyone else win ...and its just easier to read messages and all that.

And no, I am not trying to be an kisser!
    Last edited by idsaluteyoubub; 28-Mar-2006 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Administrator

England
    It definately wins in most areas... And most importantly in the efficiency stakes!

There's four things I'd like to see it have like the old forum though:-
    a) A status bar "frame". (eg: like at the top of the old forum)
    b) Pop-up/realtime PMs.
    c) Integrated chat room. (So you can see how many people are in it at any time etc).
    d) Optional true threaded forums. (Why why why shoud one of the most expensive forums around not to have this?)

Definately a good move though
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    It definately wins in most areas... And most importantly in the efficiency stakes!

b) Pop-up/realtime PMs.
    c) Integrated chat room. (So you can see how many people are in it at any time etc).
    d) Optional true threaded forums. (Why why why shoud one of the most expensive forums around not to have this?)

agreed. as one of the older membera (a disturbing thought), i really do like this format. it's not Loom and it will never be sniffle. but it does hande the increased volumes of posts and allow us to all navigate very efficienctly.

it's a cool set up, and again thanks!

Isle of Man

b) Pop-up/realtime PMs.

Aye, those are the things I miss the most I would say. I would definately love to see a chat room here. And the status bar was great.

I still miss being able to swear

ViP

United States
    b) Pop-up/realtime PMs.
    Andy, this can be done correct? At another VB forum I visit, there are pop up notifications for PMs when you log on.

Administrator

England
    yeah its a option in your user cp to have pm notifications popup on arrival.

United States
    I have to admit that I am a convert to this new board. I didnt like it as much as the old board at first, but I FEAR CHANGE!!! Anyway, now I think it is a great board. Unfortunately, the arcade room is taking me away from posting duties. And in case everyone forget....the old chat room still works!
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 29-Mar-2006 at 03:26 AM.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, this site is terrific.
    "We Got this man, we got this by the ass!"

Undisclosed
    The old software was really annoying IMO. I'm glad it was switched.
    Camelot is a state of mind.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis
    The old software was really annoying IMO. I'm glad it was switched.
    *SMACK!*
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan