View Poll Results: Who is the bigger bad ass? (Public Poll)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • John "Die Hard" McClane

14 70.00%
  • Jack "24" Bauer

6 30.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ok! Who is the bigger bad ass? Vote NOW!

Undisclosed
    Bauer beat Death itself, ( not to mention terrorists, assassins and having his own wife being murdered ) now that is a badass

United States
    He didn't "beat" death, HE WAS KILLED - then brought back to life, he didn't come back on his own. If he did, THAT would've been badass!

McClane > Bauer

That's all there is to it. Anyone who allows themselves to get killed ain't badass in my opinion. Even if they rise from the grave and eat brains.

Administrator

England
    Lets settle this argument the way all poll related arguments are settled, 11-4 says Mcclain > 24 guy.

I think that speaks for itself

Besides have you guys actually heard yourselves? "he beat death itself"?

PLEASE

Killing someone then bringing them back is the biggest television cheat ever, it isnt cool at all it means some executive with absolutly no imagination has killed off a lead character to grab your attention and then brought him back straight away, if i was a fan of any show that did that id say "LAME" and id seriously not watch again, whatever the show

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    SO there you have it... John "Yippi Ki Yay Mutherfcukin' McClane whups Jack "pussy ass 24" Bauer in a clean and even fight.

Poll data is not scientific, but who is gonna challenge such a sweeping margin?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    McClane wouldn't be able to bring himself back from death, nobody can, it's physically impossible ... *flips bird at Lou*

I can't remember off the top of my head how Jack ended up in terrorist hands, no doubt distracted and then pounced on from behind - and McClane's been in the same situation, so nyah-nah!

From Wikipedia:

After completing his schooling, and after joining the U.S. Army and tuning his skills as a soldier, he was asked to join the U.S. Army's elite special forces unit Delta Force, was offered a membership to the elite army brigade "Coral Snake", and worked as a Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team member. It is also known that Bauer did work for the CIA before being seconded to the Counter Terrorist Unit. While at CTU, he was the Team Leader for an action known as Operation Proteus and the Section Captain during the incident of the Hotel Los Angeles attack[3]. He later uncovered evidence that three CTU agents were taking bribes. Jack gained a reputation as a whistleblower and lost favor with the CTU hierarchy[4].
    Jack's service at CTU and in various prior jobs has given him many relevant survival skills. He is an expert shooter and is competent in hand to hand combat. He is also a capable pilot (both airplanes and helicopters). On many occasions, he has demonstrated that he is a ruthless and efficient interrogator of suspected terrorists, relying on his knowledge and experience of human psychology (and anatomy), and has also shown remarkable ability at resisting torture when subjected to it himself. However, he also utilizes such information to help those who are wounded or victimized by the days' events.
    The dude even speaks Spanish, Russian and understands Serbian ... and he understands Los Angeles lingo too!

He appears to be entirely utilitarian and consequentialist in his moral thinking: when innocent lives are in danger he behaves as though obtaining a desired result is more important than how he obtains it, and he frequently performs controversial actions if he thinks they will achieve an important goal. His philosophy was perhaps best expressed after he shot and beheaded with a hacksaw a witness in front of George Mason, then-CTU Special Agent in Charge.
    The dude even executed the head of CTU in season 3 at the request of the terrorists, it was the only thing left to do. He tried his utmost to save the guy, but there was no saving him, he had to kill his own collegue (and has had to do the same thing, under different circumstances, in the latest season)...the guy is the king at making ruthlessly tough decisions to get the job done - THAT is absolutely badass...it's the definition, mate.

Alternatively, he doesn't sacrifice innocent lives to achieve a goal, as seen in season 5 where he manages to save almost all of a shopping mall full of people from nerve gas, he goes against his orders and takes out the terrorists himself, and even gives his gas mask to a little girl whom he then rescues and revives.

He has absolutely no fear of death - again, definition of badass.

McClane is cool-as, but Bauer is blatantly the ultimate badass - it's "The Jack Bauer Power Hour"!!!

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    McClane.....no contest.
    DITTO

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    McClane is cool-as, but Bauer is blatantly the ultimate badass - it's "The Jack Bauer Power Hour"!!!
    Really? cuz the poll says different

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Really? cuz the poll says different
    *mocks Andy & Co with silly gestures and so on*

Yeah, cos 16 people out of 6 billion is conclusive.

Where did you learn that from, Labour? And likewise, just going "cos he is" ain't good enough, I and my 24-loving cohorts have been laying facts all over your asses, Jack has done waaaaaaaaaaay more badass stuff than John "merry japes" McClane.

McClane is a cool customer, he kicks ass ... but when you compare the stats, he just ain't the bigger badass.

What you lot are saying is essentially like saying Britain has a bigger population than America - it just doesn't work.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Apr-2007 at 06:01 PM.

Administrator

England
    *mocks Andy & Co with silly gestures and so on*

Yeah, cos 16 people out of 6 billion is conclusive.

Where did you learn that from, Labour?

McClane is a cool customer, he kicks ass ... but when you compare the stats, he just ain't the bigger badass.

What you lot are saying is essentially like saying Britain has a bigger population than America - it just doesn't work
    24 has 6 billion fans?

Considering there's about 6,602,224,175 people in the world, your telling me 99% of the worlds population are 24 fans?

And no, its more like you guys trying to tell us some lame TV show character is better than the great john mcclain? you and your 3 other fan's who voted for 24 are being shot down big time, accept it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude....scoreboard? You're living in la-la land. McClane is clearly the favorite. Jack "soap opera" Bauer doesn't have sh*t on McClane.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    24 has 6 billion fans?

Where do you get this statistic from becuase i would be very interested to see it.
    Geez, see, childish "cos" tactics - 16 people out of the entire world took part in this poll, ya dingus - THAT'S my point!

If I was Jack Bauer I'd have bitchslapped your ass with my glock by now and be flying a nuclear bomb away from a population centre.

Bassman - again, just going with "cos he is" arguments. Read the facts on Jack and it's blatantly obvious he's notched up far more "badass kudos" than McClane.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Geez, see, childish "cos" tactics - 16 people out of the entire world took part in this poll, ya dingus - THAT'S my point!

What non-HPotD members did you expect to participate in this poll?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    What non-HPotD members did you expect to participate in this poll?

Again, not seeing what I'm saying, cripes!

16 people doesn't decide anything, that's what I'm saying, and especially not when people resort to "cos he is" playground "la la la, not listening" brick-wall tactics ... who are you, John Reid's fan club? What the hell are all of you huffin' tonight?

Administrator

England
    So when exactly did you carry out this survey amongst the other 599999999985 people to find out their hardcore 24 fans then?

My point is that you have been shot down, i aint bothered about what fanboy statements have been typed by the 4 of you, a poll was created for all HPotD members to vote, they have voted and you have been shot down. admit it.

Undisclosed
    my girlfriend just went for John Mcclean, excuse me while i bitchslap her