View Poll Results: Who is the bigger bad ass? (Public Poll)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • John "Die Hard" McClane

14 70.00%
  • Jack "24" Bauer

6 30.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ok! Who is the bigger bad ass? Vote NOW!

Super Moderator

UK
    I can have it both ways ... although I don't quite follow that statement, anyway, you can die in battle and still be a badass who was there to see themselves reflected back in the eyes of the enemy. Jack got that close, and the terrorists who captured him were so in awe of his awesomeness they simply had to bring him back to gawp at his badass-ed-ness ... and then Jack went postal on their asses.

The angle I'm coming from is purely from the characters, methinks some folk in this thread might have been coming from a different angle, more like 'what if Bruce Willis and Keifer Sutherland had a fight'...duno, just a theory on this particular thought...

*back to the McClane/Plissken poll *

United States
    What i'm saying is, if you validate the fact that bauer is a badass because he faced an enemy and died and came back, it is perfectly fair for me to say he is not a badass because of the simple fact that he died facing his enemies.

Now, McClean on the other hand, he has faced just a vicious of enemies but never got killed in the process. I think that speaks volumes to the topic at hand. It has nothing to do with Sutherland or Willis personally, we're talking about their characters here.

I'm on the same page with ya, don't worry.

Now, onto the Plisskin vs. McClean question... Hmmm..

Super Moderator

UK
    Nah I mean some people might have been thinking (even subconsciously) about Willis/Sutherland at some point, or as a part of their final decision anyway.

And on the died/came back thing, that was one of my many reasons as previously listed why I'm in the Jack Bauer Power Hour camp.

But McClane never took on an evil-doing, weak-chinned, Republican President of the United States, nor did he take on the Chinese government, and those guys are nuttahz! McClane also didn't survive almost two years of torture at the hands of the Chinese without giving up any information. Now that takes some balls, poor old Jack is covered in f*cked up scars these days ... I wonder how Audrey's gonna react to that...bah, she'll still shag his brains out - it's Power Hour himself!

And it's McClane - you're bugging the tits off me with that! j/k

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And it's McClane - you're bugging the tits off me with that! j/k

Good, I hope they fall off!

McCLEAN McCLEAN McCLEAN McCLEAN McCLEAN McCLEAN McCLEAN!!!!

(read the plisskin vs. mcclane thread for my no-coffee-it's-pre-9am-I-can't-spell-excuse.. )

Super Moderator

UK
    In that case I'll let you off, I keep forgetting the time distance. My brain doesn't work in the morning either ... and not that well after lunch ... or dinner ... around about 11pm it's ready to rock for a couple of hours in a sharply declining capacity ... then bed.

Undisclosed
    Bauer still wins hands down ( imho).....

capncnut
    Are you related to MZ by any chance Farty?