View Poll Results: Who is the bigger bad ass? (Public Poll)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • John "Die Hard" McClane

14 70.00%
  • Jack "24" Bauer

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok! Who is the bigger bad ass? Vote NOW!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Ok! Who is the bigger bad ass? Vote NOW!

There has been a lot of debate on IMDB about John "Yippy ki Yay mutherfcuker" McClane vs. Jack "24 die twice" Bauer. So I needed a poll to see the real outcome.

Who do you feel is the bigger badass, and who would win the fight?

I gotta go McClane, he uses police cars to take out helicopters when he runs out of bullets.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    "ho ho ho, now ive got a machine gun", legendary line from a legendary character, maclain all the way man!

United Kingdom
    Kicks ass and without a decent pair of kicks

capncnut
    I didn't vote. They are both pussies.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am keeping my eye on you Capn
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    So are many other people here it seems.
    Last edited by capncnut; 17-Apr-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I am keeping my eye on you Capn
    i shouldnt find that as funny as i do, damn im retarded

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    McClane.....no contest.

Undisclosed
    bauer kicks ass, there is more action in one episode of 24, than in any of the die hard films (imho)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeaaah, but this is about two characters, not the show/ movie themselves, and jack bower has loads of back up and has lots of help, jhon maclain didnt even have shoes let alone a gun to bein with.

England
    Get bauer in "lost boys" mode and we may have a close fight

As it stands i reckon mclane would kick ass AND leave a cheery note about it

Super Moderator

UK
    As much as Die Hard rocks my socks, Jack Bauer is definitely more badass.

Jack Bauer 24 spoilers-a-go-go from now on:

The dude loses his wife to a terrorist who used him and lied to him for months/years. His daughter blames him for her death and never really gets back to a normal relationship with him.

Jack was (until a secret (and dying) stowaway changed the plans) going to sacrifice his own life to fly a nuclear bomb to the desert to then ditch it. However, due to plan changes, he parachutes out and hides behind a mountain/hill thing as the bomb goes off a bit away.

The dude is constantly forced to coerce his targets and do some pretty f*cked up things. He himself is tortured in season 2 and FREAKIN' DIES, only to be brought back to life a few minutes later, he spends the rest of the season with a dodgy ticker weighing him down, even during his bad-ass battle royale in the LA stadium.

He went undercover, got addicted to heroin to join a group of terrorist drug dealers for a case, he then re-infiltrates them by orchestrating a prison riot, during which he's forced to play Russian Roulette with a guard (who loses).

Just when he gets his life back on track again, he ends up having to infiltrate the Chinese Embassy to kidnap someone who ends up getting shot, in order to save the person's life, he has to sacrifice the dying (in an operation) ex-husband of his current girlfriend/partner (whom Jack tortured hours earlier, and survived an assault on a gunshop where he was hiding, by a squad of marine type soldier people), whom he rescued hours earlier from being executed by terrorists by going into their base on his own and pwning terrorist ass left, right and centre. Having infiltrated the embassy, the Chinese are demanding who was responsible - Jack - he has to fake his own death (he succeeds - but nearly dies in the process) and as a result, has to assume a new identity and flee Los Angeles to start a new life, disconnecting all contact from his daughter and his partner (Audrey).

Then he is forced out of hiding after his friends start getting assassinated (those who know of his actual state of good health), he goes through another sh*tty day, and finally gets back on his feet and gets back together with Audrey, who's delighted to be back in his manly-man-manwich arms. But then - DOUBLE CROSS - the f*cking President of the USA (Logan) calls the fuzz on Jack, alerting the Chinese to his whereabouts, they then KIDNAP him and TORTURE him for OVER A YEAR. Jack gives up jack-shiite and is released from captivity, only so he can be used as a pawn in a terrorist's sick little game (which would mean Jack dies) - HOWEVER, Jack survives, just about, after being tortured a bit - but then he goes all feral on this terrorist and bites his f*cking neck out.

Jack then ends up shooting and killing one of his own friends who goes barmy (long story ), has a breakdown just as a nuclear bomb goes off nearby. He then ends up being double crossed by his own father, has to torture his own brother (father of his nephew, husband of an ex-lover) (who helped set him up and seek to kill him in the previous season) and is lead to believe Audrey was killed while searching China for him...

Later on he holds on to the underneath of a garbage truck, driven by the escaped terrorist leader, and ends up where the remaining bombs are. Jack them goes all commando and storms the place single handedly, at the end of which he has a massive ruck with the lead terrorist - all the while he's had a broken rib, which is causing some internal bleeding.

Then - the dastardly Chinese give him a bell and tell him they've got Audrey - alive - in their custody and now he has to do (no doubt) some dirty for them to get her back!

*gasp*

Spoilers end here.

All-in-all, Jack Bauer is a mega-bad-ass of awesome proportions, and that was just the stuff I could remember off the top of my head! It all sounds a bit daft when listed out like that, but the dude's amazing - who else would have his show renamed amongst fans as "The Jack Bauer Power Hour"?!

And hellsing - do you even watch 24? Jack Bauer spends half his time going it alone, working behind the big guy's backs and is often left swinging in the wind by those who are supposed to be backing him up, the dude's a one man army, protecting an entire country from psycho terrorists.

And John McClane had the whole NYPD etc backing him up in Die Hard 3, so not even he's beyond a bit of help now and then, in fact, in DH3 he had help throughout from Samuel L mofo'in Jackson!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 16-Apr-2007 at 05:54 PM.

Administrator

England
    McClane obviously... 24 sucks ass

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    McClane obviously... 24 sucks ass
    whew....I'm glad that i'm not the only one around here with that opinion. I was scared to say it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nope same here guys, id rather watch lost than 24 and thats sayin' something.