Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting..

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    It is redundant for me to declare this a travesty as it leaves me speechless. Such a sad, sad, sad day.

It is no secret we (the States) need tougher gun laws. If this is not a compelling enough reason, then I'm not sure what is. The U.S. regulary has lead the league in richest nations on gun deaths.

Sad.

I don't think we need tougher gun laws and i'm not a "gun person", by any means. What we do need are fewer idiots. I personally don't think tougher gun laws would change a thing. I remember after Columbine, they made every person that purchased a gun wait about 3-6 months for a background check. Didn't seem to make a difference...

Besides....anyone ever heard of the second amendment? "Right to Bear Arms"?

United States
    Getting rid of the idiots is not going to happen unfortunately. They'll be forever amongst us.

Other modern nations have instilled tougher (Stricter) gun laws and have seen dramatic results in their favor. I think it naive to declare tougher mandates and regulations would not decrease the number of gun related fatalities and crimes we see each year.

The 2nd amendment, of which I support (I too am not a 'gun person'), is over 200 years old . Our forefathers wrote this with the English Army in mind, not some maniac going on a murder spree and killing it's citizens.

Some tweaking may be in order, ya think ?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Guns will never be controlled. I wish they could, but I don't see it ever happening. All they can do to prevent this sort of thing from happening in another school is tighten up the security. Tougher laws will just make the sick f*cks and "bad guys" out there find other ways to get them. Of which, i'm sure there are many.

And if we somehow control guns, what's to say that some sicko isn't going to walk into a school with a bunch of tiny home made bombs? What about knives? What about harmful chemicals? What about a chainsaw or some other household tool(now THAT would be a sick puppy).

This sort of thing is going to happen, unfortunately. We stop one thing from happening one way and they find another thing to go the other way. It's a lose, lose situation, in my opinion.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    "There's never a cop around when you need one"

grab's Smith and Wesson 76 and gas cans from backseat
    Last edited by Bongholio; 18-Apr-2007 at 03:48 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    You know what? When I turned on the television and saw the news reports on CNN about yet another kid in America going off on a rampage with a gun - it didn't affect me one little bit. I thought to myself 'wait a minute, lots of innocent people just died' and then realised that the reason why I felt nothing was because I am simply not surprised by this bulls**t anymore. This type of thing occurs way too often, I'm afraid.

We can all go off about how the gun laws should be changed in America but it's a different world outside folks. Besides the situation over there is way beyond repair in that regard. It has been a part of US culture for too long now.
    Man said what I might ...

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I would've damn well tried. For instance, this student was on the news earlier and they were calling him a hero because he barricaded the door in one of the classrooms with a table. When the gunman came to that door and saw it was blocked, he shot a few rounds through the door/table. Then the "Hero" said that he clearly heard the gunman's empty clip hit the floor and a few seconds went by for the reload.

There had to have been 15+ males in that room that could've charged his South Korean ass while he was attempting to reload. That seems like a situation where it could have all been stopped.

I'm not saying I would be the moronic hero that would run straight into gunfire just so I can be on the news as a "hero". But if I saw a slight chance where I could contain the asswipe and prevent other's from being hurt, especially if I had some other men ready to help, I would.
    He may have had another weapon , ahem , I mean gun so ... yes I wouldve busted out and gotten shot trying to stop that Mutherf*kr .

Quote Originally Posted by Bongholio View Post
    "There's never a cop around when you need one"
    If you want to find a donut shop , call a cop .
    Last edited by DVW5150; 10-Jan-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland

ok i have something to confess

i went on a rampage in highschool trying to kill some guy that made fun of me in agricultural class with a freakin hammer... i wouldve killed him to had it not been for the ag teacher pullin the hammer out of my hand. i did kick the little buggers face and gut in. no body has ever messed with me since then. i dont think i wouldve used a gun and gone a rampage but there had to be a reason why the dude did it... i just found about this tonight. i dont watch the news because you see crap like this on there. but i do collect guns and i am avid shooter but that doesnt make me crazy... although i do aim for the head...

United States
    We need our guns because of ass piles like this. we need to ban Koreans to solve the problem.

We will alway have rouge nuts if they get guns leagally or not. This is the sick price we pay for gun rights. I don't plan on handing my weapon overbecause of crazies. It gives me more reason to keep it.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland

Yes!!! Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR OUR F*ED UP WAY OF LIFE!!!! ill never give my guns away hell i just shot a round from a 357 magnum through my ceilin not 10 mintues ago... TURKEY 101 MADE ME DO IT!!!!

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    We need our guns because of ass piles like this. we need to ban Koreans to solve the problem.

We will alway have rouge nuts if they get guns leagally or not. This is the sick price we pay for gun rights. I don't plan on handing my weapon overbecause of crazies. It gives me more reason to keep it.

Ban koreans from what? Owning guns or attending school?

Either way ... that is a pretty stupid statement to make if you are genuinely attempting to "solve the problem".

Furthermore, you might want to remove the elastic bands or see a doctor about your "rouge nuts"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Ban koreans from what? Owning guns or attending school?

Either way ... that is a pretty stupid statement to make if you are genuinely attempting to "solve the problem".

Furthermore, you might want to remove the elastic bands or see a doctor about your "rouge nuts"
    The ban Koreans was supposed to come off sarcastic. I Could see the Onion doing an article on banning koreans on campus.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    The ban Koreans was supposed to come off sarcastic. I Could see the Onion doing an article on banning koreans on campus.
    Good stuff

United States
    Per CNN

The killer in the massacre at Virginia Tech was taken to a mental health facility in December 2005
    Might be prudent to flag the powers that be; no gun buying for like 7 years or something

Jesus, they'll flag your credit report for atleast that for not paying a $10.00 item.

United States
    we need to ban Koreans to solve the problem..
    Why? Because of One guy? If we had to do that we'd have to ban midwesterners and southerners cause they do most of the school shootings. Ban them for what? Neatly stacking produce in their grocery stores?
    Is that some kind of joke or are you really that much of a bigot.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Kazakhstan
    probably wouldnt have happened at all if people werent such arseholes to people who arent like them.

it's not like the kids to whom everyone was really nice and got along with end up doing school shootings...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    I guess thats the answer. You should try smileys, they are your friend

Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    probably wouldnt have happened at all if people werent such arseholes to people who arent like them.

it's not like the kids to whom everyone was really nice and got along with end up doing school shootings...
    I think in this case, the killer was the asshole. Apparently when people said hello and tried to talk to him he ignored them. Its college not High school. Its not the same at all. He was an engeneering student. He was NOT surroundd by frat boys, he was surrounded by MATH GEEKS. And we all know how judgemental they are

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Jesus, they'll flag your credit report for atleast that for not paying a $10.00 item.
    Shows what the priorities are. Cash rules everything around you, but your life aint worth sh*t.
    Last edited by coma; 18-Apr-2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers