Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is the nastiest and scariest thing I have ever seen

Fiji
    i disgree, there is a ton of ways to be non conformist, but none of them involve deidacting yourself to any sort of social group/movement.

the overall failure from most vocal "non conformists" is that they're part of a social group, nothing more. honestly most of these people want attention or to **** off thier parents, more than non conformaity.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    honestly most of these people want attention or to **** off thier parents, more than non conformaity.
    This is true. Being an active member of the punk community for 9+ years, I see these people all the time. They're the ones that come & go and the next year they're replaced by a new line of kids that'll disappear in 7-8 months.

Canada
    kids are fickle things, being one myself, I would know. alot of us tend to find ways to "rebel" (if you can call it that). I really am sick of "non conformists" I truly am...and tehre is alot of em at my school...some days I feel like beating the smurf outta them..I mean come on.. seriusly..sorry, I just get angry when I hear how they talk and how punk they are and all that jazz..

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo
    kids are fickle things, being one myself, I would know. alot of us tend to find ways to "rebel" (if you can call it that). I really am sick of "non conformists" I truly am...and tehre is alot of em at my school...some days I feel like beating the smurf outta them..I mean come on.. seriusly..sorry, I just get angry when I hear how they talk and how punk they are and all that jazz..
    Kids that talk about "how punk" they are will always be a joke to the true "members" of the "community". They're usually the ones that have no idea what basement venues are or... ugh I dont even feel like getting heated over the morons. I'm done with this thread. Too many posts from me.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff
    This is true. Being an active member of the punk community for 9+ years, I see these people all the time. They're the ones that come & go and the next year they're replaced by a new line of kids that'll disappear in 7-8 months.

yep, i always look at their boots. a newbie with fresh unscuffed Docs = FNG.