Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesus..which one??

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    these guys don't even take what the fans want into consideration. There are simply not enough of us. They want to appeal to tens of millions of people. It's all about the mighty dollar.

true. but zach snyder listened somewhat. his work wasnt bad. but he'd better stick to period pieces

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    true. but zach snyder listened somewhat. his work wasnt bad. but he'd better stick to period pieces
    I find no evidence of that whatsoever. If this film had a different name you wouldn't even know that it was a remake of dawn. The only people he apparently listened to were studio executives who wanted him to make a film that could appeal to the demographic that would make them the most profit.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    wurst was night 90... great music and excellent looking zombz but just didn't feel gripping enough...

best dawn 04... the first 15 minutes were rockin and it lulled a lot but it had running zombeeez... RUNNING ZOMBEEZ yay
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    wurst was night 90... great music and excellent looking zombz but just didn't feel gripping enough...

best dawn 04... the first 15 minutes were rockin and it lulled a lot but it had running zombeeez... RUNNING ZOMBEEZ yay
    I thought night 90' was a faithful reimagining and a good film. Where thay dropped the ball with dawn was that they put the most riveting part of the film at the begining and were never able to match that again.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I liked the look of DAWN 04 or ROTLD
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Canada
    Horrible, but I actually like ROTLD over
    Dawn04. At least with ROTLD I knew
    I was getting something original
    and not a rip off of Dawn78

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Horrible, but I actually like ROTLD over
    Dawn04. At least with ROTLD I knew
    I was getting something original
    and not a rip off of Dawn78
    I also think it's a better movie. It's in my top 5 behind the gar films.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post

I haven't yet seen the 2 latest NOTLD films or the Day remake (obviously) but i really like NOTLD 90. I certainly prefer it to Dawn 04. Having said that I don't hate Dawn 04 - i thinik Darth Los is pretty spot-on with his comments on Dawn 04 and how it was received.

Running Zombies? I Sh*t 'Em

"TIMMY!!!!!!!"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    The fact the dude repeated the same post just shows you the lack of any brain functions involved.
    WELL... for your info, I didn't post this in 2 places, whoever the admin is must have copied this post into the reviews forum cuz I sure as hell didn't. Anyways, just because you happened to enjoy the movie doesn't mean you have the right to discount my opinion or insult my intelligence. Comments like yours are the exact reason why I lurked on these boards for many years rather than post. I didn't like the movie, deal with it, it wasn't good, that's why you'll NEVER hear of this movie other than right here on these boards.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    I haven't yet seen the 2 latest NOTLD films or the Day remake (obviously) but i really like NOTLD 90. I certainly prefer it to Dawn 04. Having said that I don't hate Dawn 04 - i thinik Darth Los is pretty spot-on with his comments on Dawn 04 and how it was received.

Running Zombies? I Sh*t 'Em

"TIMMY!!!!!!!"

Night 90' is a very good remake of a classic film. You could do worse than to recommend that film to someone. In fact i'd struggle to name 5 better films outside the GAR movies. Wait, haven't we done this before ?

United States
    I liked Dawn '04. I took it for what it was: A pretty good horror/action movie. I didn't worry about how the origional was followed too much, though I own a copy of Dawn '78 and like the movie. I just sat down and enjoyed the movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wyvern1096 View Post
    I liked Dawn '04. I took it for what it was: A pretty good horror/action movie. I didn't worry about how the origional was followed too much, though I own a copy of Dawn '78 and like the movie. I just sat down and enjoyed the movie.
    You and i are in the minority on that one around here.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You and i are in the minority on that one around here.
    I also enjoyed it for what it was, I was skeptical going in, but through it all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnoftheDead View Post
    I also enjoyed it for what it was, I was skeptical going in, but through it all thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I agree. Atleast i can admit it's shortcomings and ejoyed it for what it was. On the otherhand alot of people refuse to even acknowledge that lotd has any shortcomings at all which we know is not true. I think land is a decent enough film though. But it's far from the masterpieces it's predecessors are. I guess i just got spoiled by their greatness.