View Poll Results: Who is the bigger badass?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snake "Doesn't give a f*ck about your war ... or your President" Plissken

11 64.71%
  • Corporal Dwane "Stays Frosty" Hicks

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bigger Badass - Part 4: The Revenge...

Super Moderator

UK

The Bigger Badass - Part 4: The Revenge...

Okay, so Snake Plissken still reigns supreme ... can he remain triumphant, or is wrist-timer almost outta time?

Choose your favourite, who is your bigger badass?

Snake Plissken ... or - Corporal Dwayne Hicks?

Now I've been basically two steps away from chowing down on Plissken's other mono-eye, but ... ooooooh ... this is a toughie ... I think I'm gonna have to go for Hicks personally. The dude takes on acid-blooded evil bastard aliens, not just street thugs ... and he's so super cool you just know he had chicks falling at his feet left and right before he signed up. He's like the Space Fonzy ... minus the cheese, with added loner gruntyness ... and he can sleep through a drop!

Previous Polls:

1) John McClane VS Jack Bauer ... John McClane wins
    2) John McClane VS Snake Plissken ... Snake Plissken wins
    3) Snake Plissken VS Major Alan 'Dutch' Schaefer ... Snake Plissken wins

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok whomever wins this one has to go upagainst "Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore"

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Snakes a bad mofo but he never had to take on some Xenomorphs !

Hicks !

capncnut
    I went for Snake again.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Damn straight, Robert Duvall is the badness man. You can poll him against The Incredible Hulk and he'd still come out on top.

<one foot on Ferrigno> "Now listen to me son, can you hear me? I love the smell of gamma rays in the morning!"
    Last edited by capncnut; 23-Apr-2007 at 11:22 PM.

Canada
    whos hicks..is that the guy from the aliens movie?

If it is I voted for him.

Super Moderator

United States
    ^ Disqualify this guy!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    lol ... ooh it's a close race!

Hell yeah for Kilgore next round.

Hicks is just awesome though, as a kid playing Aliens or The Terminator you'd always end up fighting over who got to be Hicks or Reese.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

That won't even be a contest. Killgore is more of a badass than anyone listed in ANY of these polls.

"IF I SAY IT'S SAFE TO SURF THIS BEACH, IT'S SAFE TO SURF THIS BEACH!"

Damn straight, Robert Duvall is the badness man. You can poll him against The Incredible Hulk and he'd still come out on top.
    Exactly.

MZ - you need to pick some less obscure people - I mean, I know who they are, but we need some more main-stream badasses. What about Indiana Jones?
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 24-Apr-2007 at 12:15 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Indiana Jones isn't what i would calla badass... (Connery) James Bond... Thats a bad ass, although Daniel Craigs proved to be a pretty freaking badass Bond as well.

Agent Smith... he was Badass.
    Michael Madsen in Resevoir Dogs (Mr. Blonde)
    Gary Busey in Lethal Weapon 1
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What about Martin Riggs? Dirty Harry? Tony Montana? Ash? Eric Draven? Tyler Durden? Han Solo? Captain Willard? Leon? William Wallace? Sgt. Hartman?

These damn "badass" threads will go on forever. The choices are endless.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Martin Riggs gets automatic disqualification... he gave up smoking and lost his edge.

Dirty Harry - Good Badass

Tony Montana - Death Automatically disqualifies him

Ash - Might be a good choice, but doesn't really scream badass to me.

Eric Draven - Came back from the Dead and whupped tons of ass, so yes he would qualify for the list.

Tyler Durden - was the figment of someone's imagination (Disqualified)

Han Solo - Come on, When Harrison played the Pres in Air Force One he was a bigger badass... not too mention he had to be rescued from being frozen in carbonite.

Capt. Willard - Refresh my memory?

William Wallace - King of the Badasses in some realms, instant qualification because he kicked ass while wearing a skirt (kilt) whatever)

Sgt. Hartman - Hmmm, gimme time on this.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In response:
    Tony Montana - Because he died, he doesn't qualify? What about the first one with Jack Bauer?

Ash - He did do a lot of pansy screaming.....so I can understand omitting him.

Tyler Durden - All of these "badasses" are fictional characters. So how does Tyler Dudren not qualify? He's fictional to us and also fictional in the book/movie.

Han Solo - The carbonite argument wins. Good call.

Capt. Willard - I'll give you a hint: "When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle." You should know this one, man. Classic.

William Wallace - The kilt thing just doesn't make sense. That shouldn't disqualify him.

Sgt. Hartman - "Who said that? Who the f*ck said that? Who's the slimy little communist sh*t, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant?!?!?"

Super Moderator

UK
    How are Hicks and Dutch obscure?!

Everybody worth their life has seen Aliens and Predator!

I was watching Sin City recently - that Hartigan chap is a tough old cookie ... and he has Jessica Alba totally up for chowing down on his man-meat, now that's a player right there. Although ... yeah ... he does kill himself at the end ... but he did it to save Jessica Alba ... give the man some respect!

Eric Draven ... it was a cool movie, but he's not a major player ... and he's the poster child of the emo generation = "global laming" (to quote South Park).

William Wallace - the real one ... being played by an Aussie in Ireland is a bit naff ... and it's a kilt!!! Don't ever say skirt in reference to the national dress in the presence of a Scotsman (moi, LostBoy ... and maybe some others)...

I'll let you off, you're a mate ... but average stranger folk talkin' that kinda stuff pisses me off, it's not like we run around wearing them all day, it's for special occasions - like a wedding ... I might wear one when/if I get shacked up ... but I'll be wearing boxers underneath! haha! ... and I'll pack some coovan in the sporran too.

Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon 1 - the dude's unstoppable, hard-as-nails ... pretty much ... or the guy's just a psycho with a deathwish ... now Dirty Harry ... there's a man's man, he won't let the Doc scissor his costly new trousers, he's deal with the pain *grunts like Tim Taylor*.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    How are Hicks and Dutch obscure?!

Everybody worth their life has seen Aliens and Predator!
    Compared to Bauer, McClane, Bond and many others, those two are about as obscure as you can get.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    In response:
    Tony Montana - Because he died, he doesn't qualify? What about the first one with Jack Bauer?

Ash - He did do a lot of pansy screaming.....so I can understand omitting him.

Tyler Durden - All of these "badasses" are fictional characters. So how does Tyler Dudren not qualify? He's fictional to us and also fictional in the book/movie.

Han Solo - The carbonite argument wins. Good call.

Capt. Willard - I'll give you a hint: "When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle." You should know this one, man. Classic.

William Wallace - The kilt thing just doesn't make sense. That shouldn't disqualify him.

Sgt. Hartman - "Who said that? Who the f*ck said that? Who's the slimy little communist sh*t, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant?!?!?"
    Because Jack Bauer died is why he lost to John McClane... nuff said. Tony Montana died because he was stupid, not because he was a badass, however he HAD BALLS!... So it could go either way.

I never said William Wallace was disqualified, I said because he did it wearing a kilt makes it instant qualification.

Sgt. Hartman... The thing is you never see him in real action which is why i am have to maul that one over.

Tyler Durden is twice removed fictional... he is a fictional character of a fictional Character... Doesn't count.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!