View Poll Results: Who is the biggest Badass of all time?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • John McClane (Die Hard Films)

0 0%
  • William Wallace (Braveheart)

1 3.57%
  • Gunnery Sgt. Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)

3 10.71%
  • Jules Winfield (Pulp Fiction)

4 14.29%
  • Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

3 10.71%
  • Snake Plissken (Escape From NY)

6 21.43%
  • Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver)

2 7.14%
  • Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry)

3 10.71%
  • Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore (Apocalypse Now)

1 3.57%
  • Antonio Montana (Scarface)

5 17.86%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Be All End All BAD ASS POLL - Who is on top?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Be All End All BAD ASS POLL - Who is on top?

This is a poll of the top ten Badasses in Cinema of the last 27 years. Since we have all been debating who is the bigger badass and the winner taking on the next challenger it was getting kind of out of hand. So Yesterday I put together a list of some crazy sh!t kicking muthfcukers that just exuded bassery on the big screen.

The biggest rule was... If their badass role was a part of a Paul W.S. Anderson film they were excluded from the list. I thought long and hard about this, but this is the definitive list.

Many characters were omitted because we only get 10 options so I looked long and hard at each person and how they handled themselves within the story of the film. This is what I consider to be the most definite list of bad ass characters in CINEMA history.

TV characters do not count as this is based on Cinema.

Cast your vote and discuss.

Poll Results are Public!
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 26-Apr-2007 at 11:30 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't believe Travis Bickle was never really brought up in the others. He get's my vote.

United Kingdom
    voted scarface, for some reason I just love this guy (not under the sheets kind of love)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So is everyone cool with this list. It took me a good 6 hours to compile every movie badass over the last 30 years.

I figured some of these would be nice surprises for people.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Dj you sneaky bastard! You snuck Jules in there. Just when I was about ready to cast my vote for Kilgore, your ass goes and throws in Jules.

To me, there's no contest. Jules is the baddest son of a bitch to ever walk the planet, period. How can you not vote for the man in a badass poll when his wallet alone has "Bad Motherfu*ker" on it?

I think if you've seen pulp fiction, no explanation is needed.

Jules > all other badasses

let the arguing begin!

Also, why is the fictional character of a fictional character Durden on the list? I thought we decided he was disqualified?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    To me, there's no contest. Jules is the baddest son of a bitch to ever walk the planet, period. How can you not vote for the man in a badass poll when his wallet alone has "Bad Motherfu*ker" on it?
    And now you see everyday schmoe's with them. Jules doesn't just carry the wallet....he f*ckin made that sh*t.

And you should've said "Jules is the baddest son of a bitch to ever walk to the Earth".

"What you mean, walk the Earth?"

"You know....walk the earth....meet people...get into adventures. Like Caine in Kung Fu."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    first off id just like to point out that theres a joke i could make about gay action heroes from the thread title, but dammit im gonna rise above it for once.

and my vote goes for killgore, the fight club dude wasnt actually real and wallace MAY be considered tuff but in no way was he a badass.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Why keep doing these polls? Snake wins everytime!

Oh and I see William Wallace. That's not even the most bad ass character Mel Gibson ever played. I got two words for you:

MAD MAX. That's the only character that could rival Snake.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and my vote goes for killgore, the fight club dude wasnt actually real and wallace MAY be considered tuff but in no way was he a badass.
    People keep making this argument but it makes no sense. Tyler Durden was a character in the movie. Yes, he was a schizophrenic(sp?) illusion SOMETIMES, but other times the narrator was being Tyler Durden and imagining himself watching from the side.

Tyler Durden was real within the movie. He physically did all sorts of things. He was the one that held up Raymond K. Hessel at the gas station, he was the one that drove the car off the road, he was the one that gives the speeches at fight club, etc, etc. Tyler Durden is a real character within the film. Just not the one that the audience sees.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    People keep making this argument but it makes no sense. Tyler Durden was a character in the movie. Yes, he was a schizophrenic(sp?) illusion SOMETIMES, but other times the narrator was being Tyler Durden and imagining himself watching from the side.

Tyler Durden was real within the movie. He physically did all sorts of things. He was the one that held up Raymond K. Hessel at the gas station, he was the one that drove the car off the road, he was the one that gives the speeches at fight club, etc, etc. Tyler Durden is a real character within the film. Just not the one that the audience sees.
    The real question is, if he was a schizo, which of his personalities was truly the badass?

...and the 'walk the earth' comment was spot-on, bassman.

Evil Ned also has a point with Mad Max.

Damn, this is the most difficult poll to ever pin down. However, even with mad max in the fold and tyler durden being accepted as a canidate, Jules is still the baddest mofo.

"Oh, You're gettin' ready to blow? I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfu*ker, motherfu*ker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T," I'm the "GUNS OF NAVARONE." I'm what Jimmie Walker use ta talk about. In fact, what the fu*k am I doin' in the back? You're the motherfu*ker should be on brain detail..."

Classic.. just classic.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 26-Apr-2007 at 05:03 PM.

United States
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman ?

No John Rambo in First Blood ? Arnold's Terminator ?

-

I voted for BRAVEHEART (Wallace) for being the only real-life bad-mother ****er on the list. All the rest are products of imagination.

Super Moderator

UK
    Wallace did indeed stay alive whilst he had his guts dragged out of him, remaining defiant till the end ... that's pretty hard core ...

But I stuck with Snake Plissken. Yes, Jules is a bad mofo, but I think there's too much considered style behind him, you kinda feel he spends time in front of the mirror ... Snake doesn't - that's a man's man.

Yes, Jules is rocking, but I personally would rather have Snake backing me up ... I'd just have to be careful not to screw up ... plus being an Athiest, I don't think I could stand all the Bible quotes.

That's a tough old poll there Deej, but I just dug in my heels with my go-to-guy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But I stuck with Snake Plissken. Yes, Jules is a bad mofo, but I think there's too much considered style behind him, you kinda feel he spends time in front of the mirror ... Snake doesn't - that's a man's man.
    Considered style? I don't understand what you mean, but Snake is indeed a badass mofo.

I just had to go with Jules because if I had someone to back me up, I'd want jules standing right behind me with a shotgun...

JULES: We should have shotguns for this kind of deal.
    VINCENT: How many up there?
    JULES: Three or four.
    VINCENT: Counting our guy?
    JULES: I'm not sure.
    VINCENT: So there could be five guys up there?
    JULES: It's possible.
    VINCENT: We should have fu*kin' shotguns.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Wallace did indeed stay alive whilst he had his guts dragged out of him, remaining defiant till the end ... that's pretty hard core ...
    In reallife he was also a dumbass who went against all sense and reason and got his army slaughtered.

Besides, Snake is Snake. If they tear his guts out, the worst thing that'll happen is that after he's escaped, people will just greet him with "Thought you were dead - again."

England
    Mother,there is no other...

Sorry folks,theres some badasses in that list for sure,but the T is the biggest bad ass of all time