View Poll Results: Who is the biggest Badass of all time?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • John McClane (Die Hard Films)

0 0%
  • William Wallace (Braveheart)

1 3.57%
  • Gunnery Sgt. Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)

3 10.71%
  • Jules Winfield (Pulp Fiction)

4 14.29%
  • Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

3 10.71%
  • Snake Plissken (Escape From NY)

6 21.43%
  • Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver)

2 7.14%
  • Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry)

3 10.71%
  • Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore (Apocalypse Now)

1 3.57%
  • Antonio Montana (Scarface)

5 17.86%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Be All End All BAD ASS POLL - Who is on top?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Depends on your definition of delusional and if you believe that if you're delusional you are by default, insane.

One thing I think we can both agree on though is that Hannibal is much more in reality than Bateman is. I mean c'mon, Bateman was assuming so many personalities he was getting them confused. Not to mention he heard and saw things that didn't exist. Hannibal, while being a nutbag for sure, was much more intelligent and grounded in reality. He (Hannibal) also wasn't seeing and hearing things that weren't there.

DEEJ! WE NEED RULES! Hurry up!
    Damn it I disagree but am at a loss for an argument

Super Moderator

UK
    A psychopath is generally more perverse (Bateman fits the bill with his odd orgies) as well as being much more socially excluded - and Bateman definitely fits this bill as he's desperate to beat everyone of his peers, like in the scene where they compare calling cards.

Hannibal is very much in the society he inhabits, he wines and dines, he was a psychiatrist or something as well wasn't he? Yes he eats people's flesh, but it's not really that 'perverse'...I think Bateman knew he was being perverse and really enjoyed it...whereas Hannibal cooking people was a culinary delight, a skill, it was refined to him - hence the Chianti.

That's my take anyway...

Speaking of Jules Winfield, I watched Pulp Fiction last night, and yep ... Snake is still badassier. Another reason I put out there is that Jules doesn't run through the entire movie, there's big chunks where he's not even around...Snake on the other hand is centre stage.

And all that 'walk the earth' stuff ... Snake ain't got no time to get spiritual, he's too busy crackin' heads open and rockin' an eyepatch.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here are definitions of Psychopath and Insane.

psy·cho·path (sī'kə-pāth') Pronunciation Key
    n. A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

in·sane /ɪnˈseɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-seyn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.
    2. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged: insane actions; an insane asylum.
    3. utterly senseless: an insane plan.

I think both Hannibal and Bateman fit both definitions.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...I duno.

Hannibal isn't anti-social, he wants to be even more social, he relishes the chance to be social - like when Starling comes along, or in Red Dragon with Will (that's the name, right?)

Anyway, there's method to his madness, he's rarely aggressive, more sardonic with a razorsharp tongue. He isn't really perverted, and beyond murder and cannibalism, he doesn't really do much else in the way of crime, like (I believe anyway) the character didn't grow up doing petty crimes and shenanegans...

While he's not bothered about killing and eating people, I think he knows full well what he's done and understands it, he might even shed a moment of some sort of remorse, but more in a "c'est la vie" manner...

He definitely isn't senseless nor does he strike me as being properly deranged ... now the guy whackin' off and flinging spoodge at Starling - he's deranged.

United States
    Damn it I disagree but am at a loss for an argument
    It's cool, we all hit speed-bumps in our brain. It happens to me all the time!

While Dj's definition could include both, I think someone who hears and see things that aren't there is in much worse shape than Hannibal.

Bateman, to me, is more of a sociopath - which is a psycho with added issues.

Hannibal is much more in touch with reality than Bateman, even if he is evil and kills people. Usually, Hannibal had a purpose to kill people - he didn't just randomly pick off hookers, co-workers, etc. like Bateman.

so·ci·o·path:

*a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

*Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others

That's bateman to a "T". Concerned only about himself, and his social behaviour was about as abnormal as a cancerous tumor on your eyelash. Hannibal, however, could interact with the general public in social situations without incident.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 09-May-2007 at 07:48 PM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't forget to vote in the insanity poll.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    (I'm fighting a losing battle here, aren't I? )

Quite possibly, dear Sir.

Snake versus Max? Easy - Snake, blates.

Max couldn't rock and eye patch and make it look cool.
    We dont about Snakes history, whether or not his family was killed by a biker gang...That in itself, can haunt a man, " the demons of his past."
    The 2 wouldnt fight each other, they are too smart.
    Snake Plissken & Max Rockatansky are on the same level, both dark warrior heroes...I think though, Max is a better driver.
    They are on the same team, it seems to me.
    Sporting an eyepatch gave Snake some subtext(how did he loose his eye?)People kept saying to him " I heard you died."
    If the situations were reversed , they would both fare well.
    Max is still a better driver.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Dying

Undisclosed
    Sporting an eyepatch gave Snake some subtext(how did he loose his eye?)
    He cracked his goggles and lost his eye function to nerve gas during the war (at least that's the book version).
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    The 2 wouldnt fight each other, they are too smart.
    I think what folks are forgetting is that Snake and Max have both been captured and had beat the s**t out of. If they were truly smart, none of this would've happened.

That said, The Road Warrior f**ks EFNY's ass in my opinion.
    Last edited by capncnut; 11-May-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Scotland
    I voted Antonio Montana!

None of the cock-a-roaches in the poll match him for balls, and that makes him one bad ass!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I think what folks are forgetting is that Snake and Max have both been captured and had beat the s**t out of. If they were truly smart, none of this would've happened.

That said, The Road Warrior f**ks EFNY's ass in my opinion.
    I agree bro ...Max is calmly awesome.
    " The tanks are full, O' Mighty Wez, and its all yours!"...'Dog' gave his life saving Max, giving just few more seconds for that twit to start the explosives Max set up on his gas supply...Surprise!
    Hes a better driver than Snake... Ill keep saying this, because its a key survival point .However, Snake wasnt required to drive ...
    I like them both though.
    Road Warrior is legendary, has the stuff of true poetic post apocalyptic adventure.
    I dont see that comparing the two makes sense, because they are kindred in their spirits, bad-asses, but good deep inside.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    I voted Antonio Montana!

None of the cock-a-roaches in the poll match him for balls, and that makes him one bad ass!
    Antonio Montana had one redeeming quality, he would'nt kill children.Otherwise he was a greedy-self-serving nasty.He was only bad ass w/ the m16-a2.
    Last edited by DVW5150; 12-May-2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Goodbye , I am gone."