Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scavengers Of The Dead

Undisclosed

Scavengers Of The Dead

SCAVENGERS OF THE DEAD

I had thought of writing a short treatment of 7-9 pages for a SCAVENGERS OF THE DEAD that is set in between NIGHT & DAWN, after the virus spread then the world fell apart and then the plot starts to unfold. This is more of a back-story set when democracy was fallen completely apart; and people were fleeing the big cities, and when their were talks of bombs been dropped, and riots spreading across small towns. This story is going to be more of a action flick like DAWN OF THE DEAD. The characters in this story are going to be about a group of resistance teams; that had been formed in the early days of the zombie outbreak. A small town outside Pittsburgh that has kept all laws and regulations together through keeping the barricades up and the town survivors together in safe houses. These are the days of the plague, the zombies are growing by the numbers. This small suburban town still stands to defend its self.

The three main protagonists are going to be teenagers who have been friends since high school. Now they are faced with this zombie outbreak of terror. Recently they have been sent out on a special clearance orders by the town's mayor, patrolling looking for survivors and food. Jonah Clark is the main female lead character, and is the fables red haired army lieutenant who appears later on in this story, when the towns overrun by zombies breaking through the barricades. Jonah Clark whose entire army command unit outside the quarantined area is mauled by hordes of the undead. She then manages to escape through the barricades in her army Jeep. Theirs another character John Blain safe house group leader he is one of the towns base team leaders who have converted their homes into safe houses. He has now joined the team, in a nightmare of terror trying to make an escape attempt out of the small town, heading for the local army base. Jonah Clark with her helicopter piloting skills can try and fly them to safety. The main Antagonist is going to be Colonel Richard Reedman But the survivors do not realise that once their in the base; then meet the colonel who is not what he appears to be. In addition, the building is filled with hordes of zombies. The building seems to have been damaged with riot bombs attempted. This is going to be a zombie prequel to the series that contains the origins story to the zombie disease. Different from Romero’s comet theory, it is more of a weapon design by the US military.

This story is about the destruction of small town and its existing survivors; who tragically meet their demise. Then our main protagonists of the story are faced, with the loss and realisation of the remaining town’s community: until a small group of survivors head for a desolate army base.
    Last edited by suicide22; 30-Mar-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Undisclosed
    so, when you going to write it so we can read it. we need new stories on the fiction page. and if your going to put it in book form, i'll buy it.

Undisclosed
    I don't think I will be writing the story idea anytime soon, but thanks for advising me to write a novel: instead of a screenplay version. However, I will probably start writing the story in a script format.
    Last edited by suicide22; 31-Oct-2007 at 07:24 PM.

United States
    do it, it sounds pretty wicked

Undisclosed
    How is the town not overrun with the undead? IE how do they make it to the point where the mayor can send them out. In addition, why them?

1. Because towards the final days before the virus spawned the bigger cities. Small towns had army defences built up; then when more and more people had gotten sick: the quarantined areas were then built-up. Most small towns then started to be evacuated, but this town was one of the first towns outside the city limits to be quarantined: then overtime the barricades collapsed.

2. When the Mayor of this town, knew the people were dieing, the army and the police force started shooting them down with guns; the military and the police force started faxing & e-mailing every police station, telling the people to get out of their neighbourhoods. Then the radio transmissions started, broadcasting information about bombs been dropped on the big cities. The Mayor has a small town meeting with the towns remaining locals some decided to stay, while other had gotten scared with the talks of a bomb scare. These people choose to stay in a (huge underground 1950’s huge bomb shelter) built under the town. The remaining survivors had formed a resistance group, and then transformed their houses into group safe houses. The main characters do not go on patrol every night, but zombies tend to break through the barricades. The team only go out on patrol on nights, too secure the area, and search for food supplies. The area is often over run by zombies, and they tend to drift towards and break through the desolate streets. The teams always wear armed protective gear and protect themselves with lots of ammo and weapons.
    Last edited by suicide22; 26-Jan-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Undisclosed

Scavengers of the Dead Movie or Miniseries?

How would you feel if I turned Scavengers of the Dead into a two-part mini series typescript for television with lots of sub-character added to the stories depth?
    Last edited by suicide22; 08-Oct-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by suicide22 View Post
    How would you feel if I turned Scavengers of the Dead into a two-part mini series typescript for television with lots of sub-character added to the stories depth?
    Why not a multi-part web series. They're eating that stuff up now.

Undisclosed
    B-movie, exploitation cinema it has a different angle on filmmaking. I can understand how you can mistake my idea for a good zombie B-movie concept, but that was my original longhand script. I wanted to rewrite this story with more depth, and add more involvement with the sub-characters. I also then planned to change the teenage characters into more older, but with mixed race ages. Then I wanted to evolve my original 2001 unfinished screenplay, and give it more of a feel of escapism from the unstoppable growing zombie outbreak. We see governments collapsing, featuring cities been wiped out by a zombie virus. The remaining town’s people suffer a major attack on their defence. Leaving women & children and some remaining town’s folks who are not easily pleased. This leaves are protagonist subjugated by zombies looking for remaining survivors above: who have been wiped out by the undead. They team up with remaining survivors and are then joined, by a group of town’s people whom have then been living up above, keeping watch & dealing with the zombie threat. All homes have been converted into guard houses with metal plates melded around them, also barbwire and a sign on front spray-painted red `command post 17’ I wanted the final act, of the first part to be about getting out of the town & risking everything. We meet Jonah Clark who has been listening to the CB radio communication of the towns people, and then decides too steal a Army truck, with her associates, they have decided that they don’t believe, in the military defence; with dividing opinions rising that the infections is overrun into the cities. The infection cannot know longer be contained, in letting innocent people continue to die. Therefore, they decide to form a mutiny and rebel against the military. They plan to steal a truck and a small jeep they plant small C4 explosives. I plan for the final act of the first part to contain my ideas of blasting through the quarantine area, with the town’s people, and then we reveal the abandoned army base, at the end of the first part of Scavenger of the dead.

I think when the right time to start writing this project, is when I finish my other projects, such has a Simpson’s script I nearly finished, and another Script that I am working on, that is a pilot and is coming on quiet nicely. I think maybe when writing my scripts they would go to the proper place, where they would be treated with respect like the Americans Writers Guild.
    Last edited by suicide22; 26-Dec-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Undisclosed
    I am not a writer in the sense that I have not written a script or book...however as a fan of this genre and a fan of tv and film...not to mention good works of literary fiction, I have just one suggestion...take a look at the television series Jericho for ideas on survival.

Now there are no walking dead in the tv series however they do have issues related to survival that most people don't consider...food/water/heat...etc...

Also I gather from the synopsis that you yourself are a teenager...nothing against teens but would a town send teenagers out on scouting missions...???

Just a few thoughts...not criticisms because I think it sounds good.

Good luck!!

Undisclosed
    Thanks for the reply. I did original write it in longhand when I did not know much about scripts when I was 19yrs. I almost finished 2/3 of the script nearly 130 pages, but then I could not think of an ending. All I knew is that I wanted to do is make movies, more like Dawn and less like Day. It had to be an action, fun filled popcorn driven movie. It had to capture all the excitement of Dawn, and the tension, gripping drama like Tom Savini version of Night of the living dead. I needed the gritty seventies feel to this movie like oppression of society, much as we feel today. I also wanted people to feel scared again; without the censorship. I also wanted to add similar style visual gory effects in this film that were featured in Dawn & Zombie (Italian movie). I added in unique visual camera angles, that digitally expands your mind like, `Swordfish’ & `The Matrix’. I wanted the conversations to have more profanity or seemed gritty and real, that had a sense the world had come to the end. In my original version, I wrote occasional scenes where the teenagers smoke cigarettes, due to the ironic factor that advertisements says cigarettes are going to kill you. This story is set between the times where the people in their hometowns are just beginning to feel the effects of the aftermath of the zombie plague, just living outside the City. It is now infested with the walking dead, and the military are located outside of this community and many more linked to the city, they will not risk a leak of contamination, laying down claymore mines, setting up barbwire: so that the people couldn't escape the outbreak. The people were left with no choice but to set up, their own organised command system. They have arranged nightly teams to be sent out and watch, for a build up of zombies roaming around at night. My idea is to give the audience, the sense that these teen characters are the main protagonists, but you then find out their not? You meet the main characters later on in the storyline.
    Last edited by suicide22; 11-Mar-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Undisclosed

Scavengers of the dead (early draft)

SCAVENGERS OF THE DEAD

By Chris Wilkinson

Early Draft
    -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FADE IN

SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE

INT.HELICOPTER 1772 – DAY

We see a young red haired woman, her name is JONAH CLARK aged 34, a military officer before the days of the plague, smart and sometimes a little reckless. She appears tired, and then starts searching for a parachute.

She glances towards the medical supply cabinet. The transport quakes, supplies quickly slide out, she notices a brown pack to the left of the cabinet. She quickly grabs it, pulls it over her shoulders, and then attaches the belt.

The chopper starts to SHUDDER; Jonah Clark spins her head acting confidently. She moves with haste towards the emergency door. She then pulls the lever. The door unlocks it springs open. The wind gushes rampantly inwards, Jonah holds the safety bar as she prepares to parachute.

She glances down at a high altitude; she sees nothing but clouds. Jonah suddenly hears an explosion, and then looks back at the main cargo hold, it starts to spread flames rampantly. The front has already suffered an electrical surge, and all the passengers are all dead. Jonah looks up, and then hears the sounds of the blades whirling down.

JONAH (V.O.)

What got me here – was it ambition, survival… but where did it lead me?

She glances around with uncertainty, she prepares to escape the transport. We see the engines covered in flames, the pressure quickly builds up, and it quickly explodes the whole compartment. Jonah looks closer, as the FLAMES are quickly plummeted forward, towards our protagonist.

JONAH (V.O.)

This is the end for me – for us…

Jonah does not have the time to think, as she leapt forward …

The flames rose passed her, as she leapt away from the docking bay, we see surrounded in a hurricane of fire. We MOVE IN ON a sudden bright flash of light, glowing fluorescently forward, and then we hear the sounds of (off screen) an explosion looming closer.

EXT. HELICOPTER 1772 – DAY

She manoeuvres away with confidents. The helicopter explodes, lighting up the sky, metal debris plummets quickly on a downward scale.

BLACK SCREEN:

CREDIT SEQUENCE:

SCAVENGERS OF THE DEAD

EXT.STREET – NIGHT

We DOLLY into a post-apocalyptic street. Baricaded fences partial left standing, erected across the street. Glass and rouble scattered with various debris. We hear a GRUNT, and then a foot staggers into view. We PULLBACK to reveal a tall man wearing a baseball cap, and an old worn out shirt covered in blood. He appears to be not alive, he seems to have no pigmentation in his skin, or any human qualities and a bad odour. We see more of these creatures, moving closer, some in army uniforms and civilian clothing.

We reveal an old worn out street sign that says, “Quarantined,” spray-painted in red. A door starts springing off its hinges with a loud repetitive thudding sound. A dim litted kitchen, a man lays sprawled across the surface of the table, covered in blood. As the man lies dead, Household appliances are still working.

A row cars still burning, with creatures stagger, passed them. The vehicle at the front is not burning, it contains a dead corpse hanging from the front windscreen, covered in glass. Flashing white lights glint off the creatures. The unusual man in the baseball cap looks up to the night’s sky. He makes a strange groan and staggers forward pointing further to the sky.

MAN (O.S)

Any US soldiers still alive – in this search area please can you contact me at this frequency 223.4MHZ.

EXT. MILITARY HELICOPTER – NIGHT

We see a MAN looking down from the cargo doors, as he peers on a downwards glance, and only see’s unnatural people staggers across the desolate streets. It appears to be a military helicopter sweeping the area.

SOLIDER

What about the civilian’s sir!

PILOT (O.S.)

We have our orders lieutenant -- only to return uninfected fallen comrades.

SOLIDER

Yes sir!

He closes the cargo bay doors, with a certain fear. They discontinue their search, and move onto another location.

EXT.STREET – NIGHT

We REVEAL three men, approaching the baroness street. They seem to be wearing dishevelled clothing, covered with protective body armour. The older man is tightly griping onto a Remington shotgun. The other two men, are equipped with magnums, they appeared tired and restless.

HOLDEN

What happened to society, have we lost all hope of salvation?

We see HOLDEN aged 30, sharp and easygoing, reloading his costume made magnum handgun. He looks up and hears, the silent treading of creatures moving closer. He starts to feel a cold shudder, then a drip of sweat drops from his forehead, and then he feels his stomach begins to churn.

GARCIA

Personally, what’s the reason too care anymore – because there’s nobody left to care about.

GARCIA aged 28, a smooth talker, but sometimes is a little stressed with the current situation. He watches Holden aiming at the undead, staggering closer. He pulls out a pack of cigarettes, from his inside jacket pocket, he then checks his other pocket, and he then hesitates when he could not find his Zippo lighter.

The older man is PARKER aged 37, Sharpe and sometimes a little misguided, lays down his firearm, steadily releasing his grip from the trigger.

PARKER
    (Looking towards Garcia)
    I cannot believe you would forget your lighter on a scavenger hunt, here take mine.

Parker then passes him the lighter.

Garcia receives the lighter and thanks him. He then thinks to himself, with rage knowing what a mean spirited person Parker is, he does not hand out gifts without a price. He tilts his head for the sake of the team.

The group walks closer towards the burning cars.

We see Holden aiming his magnum at the creatures. They lurk closer covered in blisters. One of the men’s faces seemed to be half missing, and its eyeball appears to be dangling like a piece of string, from a torn retina.

HOLDEN (O.S)
    (Holden continues to aim)
    They just keep on coming -- so it is my line of work to stop them all is it.

Holden fires repeatedly at the zombies.

EXT.STREET – NIGHT - CONTINUOUS

Holden hits a corpse in the gut, it falls back but just keeps on walking closer, its organs implode as its entrails fall apart, as it slowly splits it in half, intestines splatter, and blood oozes, the creature continues to CRAWL toward the group. A second creature dressed in a nurse’s outfit and glasses, gets another bullet into the head. Parker then aims his shotgun, at the third. It is dressed in an old business garmented outfit, as it drags its club-like feet closer, towards the group. Parker fires repeatedly, through the man’s upper body.

PARKER
    (Relived)
    They all seem to be dead, so we should cut through here, back to base to secure our route.

Parker then puts his gun down.

GARCIA
    (Garcia looks towards Parker)
    However, what if where wrong this time?

Garcia then lights up a cigarette.

PARKER
    (He looks towards Garcia)
    I am never wrong – you know that.
    (In a Confident manor)
    By going by the maps of the town’s perimeters, you know this is the safest way back.

Parker looks back towards the vacant streets.

Garcia nods, and stays silent. Holden then looked towards the streets that awaited them.

--------------------------NEXT PAGE-----------------------------------
    Last edited by suicide22; 01-Apr-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Undisclosed
    HOLDEN’S POV

Holden starts to notice the decaying bodies, lying dead on the ground. We hear flames burning (off screen) rampantly. Holden continues to reminisce, when this began six week ago, for him and his family. He notices a half-eaten corpse, with a bullet hole in the skull, which seemed to have been dead along time, a beetle CRAWLS its way out of the dead man’s mouth. Holden looks further, to see more recent victims of the plague, lying dead across the vacant streets.

BACK TO SCENE

We see the group, as they started walking through the street, with a row of cars still burning.

HOLDEN
    (Confidently)
    Those creatures are replicating in numbers by the day, what are we going to do?

Holden glances over at the neighbourhood in despair.

PARKER

Know body is going to come looking for us, because the police and army have bigger problems to deal with such as the cities.

Holden looks unconfidently towards Parker, giving them the thought that there is not much hope left for them and the other survivors.

HOLDEN
    (Confident)
    Until this virus started to get outer control, in the outskirts of the city, the military quarantined our streets and cut us off from the rest of the world.
    (Glances over at his surroundings)
    We were one of the first smaller towns’ just outer the city to be quarantined, and we happily gave up our little town.

PARKER
    (Looks towards the team)
    Those foals, they let them barricade every possible safe exit, letting are government enforce claymore mines and set-up electrified fences too.

HOLDEN

It is unfortunate that we do not know where to find all the claymore mines so we cannot find away out of this town. That is why we have no choice into making this our last line of defence.

PARKER (CONT’D)
    (Looks towards Holden)
    Where just prisoners here running Arians for our remaining community, hopelessly risking their lives for what, safe house leaders checking on them, seeing if they have still gotta pulse.

HOLDEN
    (Brooding)
    We do it to keep our underground refugee safe, and we currently lost several people last week.

Holden stops talking to Parker and continues walking.

GARCIA
    (Uncertain)
    Chief, they most have broken through the barricades – maybe coming from the south-west?

EXT.STREET – NIGHT

GARCIA
    (Garcia looks towards Parker)
    However, what if where wrong this time.

Garcia then lights up a cigarette.

PARKER
    (He looks towards Garcia.)
    This route is safe – you know that.
    (Indicating in a Confident manor)
    Studying the town’s perimeter, lots a times back at the base -- there's no doubt that this is the safest route back, and we have travelled through here many of times before.

Parker looks back towards the vacant streets.

Garcia nods, and stays silent. Holden then looks towards the sombre street that awaited them.

Holden hears aloud crash of wind, then the echoing sounds of old garbage cans rattling around (off screen). Blurred figures loom outer the shadows, Holden then aims his gun. He hears aloud thudding of footsteps crashing down, then a sudden yelp. Holden then looks closer, and notices more creatures are staggering towards them.

HOLDEN (O.S)
    (Holden aims steadily)
    Damn they’re more of them -- my cartridge is fully loaded.

Holden fires repeatedly at the creatures.

Holden fires though the skull of an army solider that is wearing a bloodstained uniform covered in ripped holes. He then shoots a fattish man in then head, who does have a combat knife wedge between his chest plates. He then also hits a man in a police offices uniform, through the back of the head he then falls to the ground.

HOLDEN
    (Holden continues to aim)
    When will these dead things, stop rising from hell?

Holden then lowers his firearm.

GARCIA

There is just no room for the rest of us the killing, will never stop.

PARKER
    (Looking towards the team)
    Those foals, they let them barricaded every possible safe exit, and set down claymore mines and set-up electrified fences too so we could not escape.

HOLDEN
    (Confident)
    Until this virus started to get outer control, in the outskirts of the city, the military quarantined our streets and blocked off our area from the city limits.
    (Glances over at his surroundings)
    We were one of the first smaller towns’ just outer the city to be quarantined, and we happily gave up our little town.

PARKER
    (Looks towards the team)
    Those foals, they let them barricaded every possible safe exit, and set-up inferred motion tracking C4 explosives and set-up electrified fences too, so we could not escape.

Parker looks away for a moment and reflects on the bad news.
    HOLDEN
    It is unfortunate that we don’t have the tracking information for the C4 motion sensors coordinates, so we can plot an escape route. That is why we have no choice into making our community the last line of defence.
    PARKER
    (Looks towards Holden)
    Where prisoners here, having to continually run Arians for our remaining community, hopelessly risking their lives for what -- safe house leaders seeing if their still gasping.

HOLDEN
    (Brooding)
    We do it to keep our underground community safe, I can’t believe we lost several people last week.

Holden stops talking to Parker and then continues walking.

GARCIA
    (Uncertain)
    Chief, the zombies most have broken through the barricades, maybe coming from the east or the west.

The group suddenly stops walking, Garcia points towards the baroness streets.

Holden suddenly pulls out a map, rapped within his jacket pocket he then quickly unfolds it. It appears to be a map of an entire area of the town, certain streets highlighted with different shades of colours. Streets crossed out, base marked. Safe houses highlighted with a red marker, listed from A-G.

HOLDEN

Ok we have to figure out a safe route back to base.

Holden continues to glance at the map.

GARCIA

Should we be looking for survivors?

PARKER

If any life crawled outer the rumble, it would have died weeks ago.

HOLDEN

Maybe so Parker – but we will look anyways!

GARCIA
    (Serious)
    My grandfather always said – if we do not try -- we would have no hope of salvation.

Parker was reloading fresh bullets into his shotgun.

PARKER

Holden’s right - it is too risky, if where cornered. They have broken through almost all the barricades, Where fucking out-numbered ten to one.

Parker looks at Holden’s map, looking for a possible safe house.

HOLDEN

I am going on a hunch, maybe we should be safe moving towards Leister St and according to this map, and there is a deserted base house around here.

The group gathered around the tattered old map, while (O.S) we hear inhuman whimpering groans and the grinding of footsteps moving closer.

GARCIA

I don’t like it, we should head back and search the town for lost friends.

HOLDEN

They are dead; they would have radioed in by now!

Holden glances over at Garcia, and then looks back towards the map.

PARKER

Listen to Holden, he his right that area will occupied by our uninvited guest, right about now.

GARCIA

So we have no choice, this is our only way home.

Holden refolded the map, and then puts it back into his jacket pocket. We hear (O.S) the sounds of wind echoing, cans rattling. Holden looks towards Leister St, most of the power as been cut, and he gazes further towards a row of houses with a malfunctioning streetlight.

We MOVE IN ON the group as they glanced over towards the abandoned street, still unsure whether or not to travel through Leister St.

HOLDEN

I will contact HQ, those wireless transmitters that Kate designed – should scan our exact parameter.
    (Holden dials his mobile phone)

The Mobile stops ringing. Kate answers.

KATE

Hello Holden, did you find my father?

HOLDEN

Sorry Kate – we looked there, but could not find any survivors.

KATE
    (Upset)

You did your best, group three!

HOLDEN

I am going to need too know more about my location, they are over a dozen or more creatures surrounding this area and many others.

INT.UNDERGROUND COMPUTER & MEDICAL AREA – NIGHT

We see KATE, age 28 former computer-tech research assistant, sat at her worn-away computer table, drying away the tears of the recent news. She begins checking the group’s location.

INT.UNDERGROUND MAIN AREA – NIGHT

A man walks through an army base, which has been converted into a civilian set-up. The man is wearing an old tattered jumper, carrying a mug filled with fresh coffee. He continues to walk through an area that as been reconstructed into shelters, made from different construction materials and textiles.

People wearing dishevelled clothing. A kid throws a football to his friend, older boy throws it back, little girl screams for her mother (O.S). Older men bickering (O.S) about how much little amounts of food they have.

INT.UNDERGROUND COMPUTER & MEDICAL AREA – NIGHT

Kate is still checking on the group's location, the man reveals himself as former MAYOR ARKANS age 32, underground community leader.

ARKANS
    (Concerned)

What is their progress?

KATE

I am not sure yet – they could be anywhere!

Kate looks at the monitor, and checks and triangulates the area, she locates them, and then she scans with a multi sensory tracking device.

KATE

The computer multi-sensors read that there is not many of them to worry about, just make it home safely guys!

EXT.STREET – NIGHT

HOLDEN

I feel so much safer, they seemed to be a power shortage, and can you continue to monitor the area?

KATE

No problem, I am watching you as we speak.

-------------------------END OF PREVIEW DRAFT---------------------------
    Last edited by suicide22; 08-May-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Undisclosed
    I like the story. A little spell check would make it easier for me to read...but that's just trivial. I found a few issues, for me, in terminology, but again...little things. I think there was some repeating of things but in filming the dialog would be a little clearer. Nice work...keep it up.

Undisclosed
    --SCAVENGERS OF THE DEAD CONTINUING STORY 2009 EARLY DRAFT-----

EXT.LEISTER ST – NIGHT

We see the group walking through the blackened street; they hear nothing but the silent treading of their own footsteps. A gate crashes repeatedly inwards, then the sounds of the wind howls louder, an old coke can rattles downs the street. We hear (off screen) buzzing electrical sounds from the faulty wiring from the street light above.

The three men notice some houses still powered with electrical power, but they seem too have been left empty.

CUT TO:
    PARKER

This place is dead, lets jus’ get the hell outer here

Parker lights up his cigarette with haste.

HOLDEN

We should check it out at least.

GARCIA
    (Sceptical)

Maybe we should just get outer here – and head back home!

Garcia looks over at Parker while he is smoking his cigarette, then looks back towards the blacken street.

HOLDEN

Lets go!

We see Parker glancing over at the nearest row of houses, just exiting Leister St, on the route to West St. He then notices an ominous figure lurking in the shadows, moving through a kitchen window, that appears to gaze through the window, then move quickly away outer the light.
    PARKER

Wait, I just saw some movement through one of those houses over there, I swear it was a man?

Parker drops his cigarette, and then looks uncertainly towards the row of house.

We see both Holden and Garcia glancing over at each other, uncertain of what Parker has seen.

CUT TO:

HOLDEN

You are kidding me right!

GARCIA

I think we should at least check it out.

Garcia still looks uncertain as he looks towards Holden.

PARKER

It could be one of those things in there, but if it isn’t – the hell with it!

HOLDEN

Wait I remember this place – it isn’t on any of our maps, it’s an old safe route that was apparently attacked and wiped out three weeks ago – Arkans tore out the original designs.

CUT TO:
    We see the group start walking towards the house, it appears to be covered in steel plates, and barbed wired fencing as they walked closer into the light. Holden comes to a halt as he clashes with a tree branch hitting the back of his leg hard, he stops and notices a sign that say, “Command post 17” he then pulls out his handgun, then looks around, as a gush of wind starts clashes with the garden gate, it continuously creaks.

WE MOVE IN ON the group as they walk onto the deserted property. The gate shuts, and then swings hard behind them, rattling in the wind; its hinges keep on creaking. We see an old tree swing hung in diameter and tied to manila rope, creaking back and forth shaped like a devils hand reaching out at you.

The garden is filled with mangled children’s toys, the old tree branches quake, as the wind blows.

We see the group start walking towards the house; they notice the houses porch light with a badly lit fuse. Holden approaches, the porch the others arm themselves.

HOLDEN
    (Uncertain)

Lets go!

GARCIA
    (Unsure)

It could be empty – lets go man!

Garcia hesitates then, looks around at the others.

PARKER
    (Certain)

I know what I saw Garcia, it could not have been one of those thing, it has gotta be a human!

HOLDEN

We can’t take any chances, maybe somebody injured!

GARCIA

So that means – these people don’t have much time left – lets go!

HOLDEN

They deserve their last rights!

Holden looks back at the group.

GARCIA
    (Distressed)

Your right – they least deserve that so sorry!

Garcia reaches for his cross underneath his t-shirt, and then he starts prying to himself, and uses gestures with his hands a mark of his catholic faith.

WE MOVE IN to see Holden open the porch door, it then creates a loud echoic creaking sound. There is nothing but the loud harrowing wind gushing behind them (off screen) Holden and the group enter, the door quickly slams behind them. We see that the porch light starts to grow dimmer and dimmer. The group start to feel claustrophobic, Holden then reaches for the switch; he gets an electric shock, the voltage then increases the porch light.
    HOLDEN
    (Gasps)

OUCH!

Holden start gasping in pain, holding his hand tightly.

HOLDEN (CONT)
    (Uncertain)

Is anybody in there?

Holden looks through the dark painted windows surrounding the grey door. He sees nothing but reflected streams of light staring back at him.

Holden then Parker start banging on the door repeatedly, while Garcia looks back into the deep abyss of the dark street that treads behind them. Garcia holds his gun nervously in one hand and his combat knife in the other sweat pours from his forehead.

Holden and Parker repeatedly knock at the door, suddenly it opens, and realising the door does not appear to be locked. The door slowly creaks open. Holden and Parker look back at each other.

HOLDEN

Watch your backs -- lets go in!

PARKER

Know body is in, it is probably just a zombie lurking up and down the stairs!

Parker moves a step backwards, uncertain of his previous statement.

HOLDEN

We cannot let one of those undead bastards – stay alive!
    Holden aims, and then reloads his gun.

Holden opens the door slowly as we hear a creaking sound as the door opens slowly. We see a dead man on the floor. He looks like the towns sheriff who was recently apparently killed on a scavenger hunt a couple of weeks ago. He wore his badge as honour and uniform to show they was still law in this forgotten wasteland of terror.
    He looks like he has not been dead long; he has been shot in the head, surrounded in a pool of blood. A bite is showing through his chest. His dead eyes glare right towards them.

When the door opens fully you can see it is an old community base house, which appeared to be deserted. The room had wooden floors, with a stale damp musty smell in the air. It also had stuffed animals hung up on the wall; it looks like taxidermy was the owner’s hobby. The person had rifles hung up on display, leaned against each other. They was an abundances of boxes of rifle ammunition filled high with shotgun shells, also wee see a table layered with machinegun ammo.

PARKER

Look at this place – it is a goldmine

Parker walks into the house, and then laughs at the amount of ammo left behind.
    HOLDEN
    (Unsure)

Do not be foolish!

Holden continues to aims his weapon.

We see the group all walking into the house holding their weapons gripping with fear.

INT. HOUSE COMMAND POST 17 –NIGHT

We see the group come to a halt as they gaze upon the dead body; it appears in worsened condition than the group original thought. His left leg as been bitten in places, as Holden glances down he notices he as a torn left shoulder, blood soaked the carpet laid beneath him.

We see Parker and Garcia sharing a pack of cigarettes, and then they both light up.

HOLDEN
    (Uncertain)

What happened to this area?

Holden then looks towards the group.

PARKER
    (Unconcerned)

Beats, me!

GARCIA
    (Worried)

Probably like all the others – they just disappear!

Garcia holds his shotgun, and puts away the knife.

We hear a gun click (off screen) from the back of the group. They turn around it is a black man wearing an old worn down white shirt and a black tie. He seemed to be in his early 40’s, he is a relaxed kind of fellow, but hides his true agenda. He is aiming a rifle directly at them.
    MAN
    (Upset)

Who are you guys, and what are doing here? – leave me the hell alone I have enough ammo to take out those motherfuckers on my own I do not need you people here get the hell out!

The man has a sharp look in his eyes; he does not trust the group.
    HOLDEN

We have come to rescue – anybody who is still alive!

MAN
    (Sarcastic)

Ha, you guys huh – comin’ to save me!

HOLDEN

Where from the shelter – the main base house – they sent our teams out on shifts to retrieve fallen base house groups who we have lost contact with such as friends who have gone missing and food & fresh water.

MAN
    (Curious)

Oh, Really!

Man nodded, then started thinking to himself and then said.

MAN (CONT)

Do you have the clearance order form from the towns’ mayor, Arkans with his signature?

HOLDEN

People, lower your weapons!

The group lowered their guard; Holden grabbed his clearance order form, out of his combat trousers’ pocket. He slowly walked over towards the man, and he handed it over to him, he examined it.

The man glanced at clearance form carefully, then passed the form back towards Holden then smiled looking towards the group.
    MAN

You can call me Blaine, John Blaine!

The man reveals himself as JOHN BLAINE he smiles again humbly.

Holden

What happened in this area?

John
    (Serious)

We lost the radio transmission single six hours ago. When those zombies all started to come in from all directions, the other base house teams lost contact in a matter of minutes! The military quarantined zones were also attacked. Helicopter, jeeps swooped down from the city limits, but they all died in a matter of hours or had gotten sick and became one of them.

Parker

So you are saying these things are still coming from the quarantined areas of town?
    John

Yes, they are starting to gather up in bigger groups!

Garcia

Oh, shit!

Garcia holds the magnum, and then starts to worry about the current situation.

John
    (Confident)

Those things gave our grouping a fight I will never forget. Their wasn’t many of us left we had to fight with all our strengths of will, they was quiet a few local police officers up above, fighting to their last breaths and also our local sheriff – I couldn't save him!

CLOSE ON Sherriff corpse sprawled on the ground.

-- ---------------------------NEXT PAGE------------------------------------------
    Last edited by suicide22; 16-Aug-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Undisclosed
    ---SCAVENGERS OF THE DEAD CONTINUING STORY 2009 EARLY DRAFT----

Parker

How do you explain the burning houses?

Parker glances towards John with a cold look in his eye.

John

How do you think, we used plastic explosives – C4, the stuff the army left behind. In addition, we used the claymore mine bombs to take out a whole bunch of those zombies!

Garcia starts to glance over towards the dead sheriff, and starts to become weary of the dead body.

Holden
    (Sarcastically)

That explains the dead sheriff.

John

The sheriff and me, was the only survivors of this attack against the dead.

Holden

It looks like he did not survive very long after!
    John

I did everything I could for Tom, those undead bastards where scattered all around this area. They ambushed, I couldn’t gun them all down fast enough, they bit right through his leg – I dragged him back inside, he bleed to death they was nothing I could have done for Tom!

The people suddenly stopped talking when they all heard a loud thudding sound at the top of the staircase. The stairs leads up between the two dear heads hung upon the wall. This is opposite of the gun set facing the background of John Blaine.

-----------------------END OF PREVIEW DRAFT PART 2-------------------------------------
    Last edited by suicide22; 10-Aug-2009 at 01:31 PM.