Thread: New zombie boardgame "Last Night on Earth"

United States

Thumbs up New zombie boardgame "Last Night on Earth"

This looks utterly FANTASTIC. If the gameplay matches the art & components this will be the best zombie boardgame EVER! Check out the official site HERE: http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/

Get a look at the components HERE: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/29368

So far word has it they're hoping to have it out in time for Halloween at a SRP of &49.99. Looks like the fig's might be same scale as "Zombies" & "Zombietown", which would be a bonus.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    arts nice, but thats just art, from the miniscule shot of the game itself it looks like just about any other zombies boardgame, of which there are now many, and i dont see how this ones gonna stadn out from the crowd.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    arts nice, but thats just art, from the miniscule shot of the game itself it looks like just about any other zombies boardgame, of which there are now many, and i dont see how this ones gonna stadn out from the crowd.
    True, component wise it does look very simular to others out there, but as I said, I'm hoping the GAMEPLAY actually matches the level of quality of the artwork. The one thing that has been lacking in a lot of zombie games is a sence of "realism", the ability to sort of play a zombie movie in game terms. I like "Zombies!!!" & "Zombietown" both, but they're a little abstract (especially the latter)

"Zombie Plague" (a free print n' play) HAD been about the closest in terms of what I described above. There was another freebie, (now out of circulation as it too is going to see professional distribution), "Dead of Night" that was even closer. There's a good mini's game out there: "All Things Zombie". But I'm hoping this one will be the one to top 'em all.

As you said, there are many out ther now, but why are they still coming? Because no one of them has scratched the itch in just the right way IMO.

United States
    well the dawn board game was getting old..even though i never played it. its nice to have some fresh stuff in the scene

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    well the dawn board game was getting old..even though i never played it. its nice to have some fresh stuff in the scene
    I'd like to see a single player computer game version of the SPI Dawn of the Dead game.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    For those interested, the official site of the game is now up & running. Word has it that it should start trickling through distribution sometime in September, & will also be available throught the website. Can't wait!!!!