"Yessir!"

Oh, and bollocks!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    "Yessir!"

Oh, and bollocks!
    Can't slip it past me, matey...

Ahhh mate - Matey bubblebath, FLASHBACK!!!

Anyway - Crazies remake - it can kiss my chuddies, the original is fine as it is.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Interesting....

I just came across this interview with Edgar Wright and Shane Black("Lethal Weapon", "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang") and apparently, Wright was asked to remake "The Crazies" at one point...

Wright: I got asked to do a remake. I went to a meeting at Paramount that I thought was a general meeting and -- this is the thing that weirded me out -- the first thing the executive says to me is, "Now, about The Crazies remake..." I thought I'd missed a half an hour of the meeting! They're asking me to remake The Crazies, and I'm thinking, Now why would I do that?

Black: The what?

Wright: The Crazies. It's the movie George Romero made between Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. It's similar to 28 Days Later.

Black: But there's no reason to remake it.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm glad Wright turned it down, hopefully it was a nail in the coffin of the remake of it, there's simply no neeeeeed... (to quote Mark & Lard )

Chasing Prey

Canada
    no joke, i've heard clooney's name attached to this forever

United States

Hey, lets ruin all the great films of yesteryear!

Derivative follywood c*nts...Lets remake "Grapes of Wrath". Now that would be seriously *ucked ...Come on people there are starving writers with great original ideas out there, get with it!
    The Crazies cannot be touched.
    Last edited by DVW5150; 18-May-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: loon at my window
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    ugh clooney

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Search everywhere, there's no info! I got a newspaper article from 2002 saying it was being made... it's obvious the movie has been canned. I just hope those f**king savages over in Hollywood don't try to resurrect that damn Martin remake.

There will be murders if they do!
    I think they just shelved for a while until they can figure out how best to perfect the ass rape of gar's work once again. But you know we're all going to see it anyway.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    A Crazies remake script wouldn't be easy to write. After all you have several movies that have dealt with a similar subject matter to contend with:

- The Omega Man - widespread bacterial warfare
    - Andromeda Strain - unknown virus from outer space
    - The Cassandra Crossing - virus on a train
    - Warning Sign - bio research facility compromised
    - Outbreak - Monkey virus on US soil

The other question is the origin of Trixie. Do you make it a US govt experimental toxin, or something else? That decision in itself will influence the rest of the film.
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 20-Jul-2007 at 06:22 AM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    A Crazies remake script wouldn't be easy to write.
    Well, there are certain cult classics that are too damn intricate and strange to remake, The Crazies is one of 'em. As is Driller Killer (okay, it's a par slasher-type movie but the story is very hard to follow), which is currently being remade in the UK as we speak.

I hope they stay away from The Crazies, I think it's time to leave the GAR movies alone now (and Carpenter's) and pick on some other victim.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The only time i'm really for remaking a film is when the person who originally made it has a hand in it such as NOTLD 90'. That way if it blows there's really not much you can say about it. The creator did what he wanted to do. Although those instances are extremely rare and i can't think of any other examples other than night 90' of the top of my head.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    At least Romero was involved with this one (at least I think he was). It was mentioned on his site and I think he said something about working on the script.

United States
    I THINK another example would be The Hills Have Eyes, and although I didn't really get in to either version, the new one was way better in my humble opinion :-) Didn't Wes Craven do both films?

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The only time i'm really for remaking a film is when the person who originally made it has a hand in it such as NOTLD 90'. That way if it blows there's really not much you can say about it. The creator did what he wanted to do. Although those instances are extremely rare and i can't think of any other examples other than night 90' of the top of my head.
    xxxopher
    -There's Always Another Level-
    www.xxxopher.com

Canada
    if they remake the crazies i'm going to shoot myself lol
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    A Crazies remake script wouldn't be easy to write. After all you have several movies that have dealt with a similar subject matter to contend with:

- The Omega Man - widespread bacterial warfare
    - Andromeda Strain - unknown virus from outer space
    - The Cassandra Crossing - virus on a train
    - Warning Sign - bio research facility compromised
    - Outbreak - Monkey virus on US soil

The other question is the origin of Trixie. Do you make it a US govt experimental toxin, or something else? That decision in itself will influence the rest of the film.
    Add "Impulse" to that list, another big ripoff of the crazies.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."