Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First DAY remake review!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    What'd you mean life is short? Relative to what? Life is the longest undertaking you'll ever do! Life is long!
    Well we're not on this planet very long in comparison to the whole "big picture", anyways, all I'm saying is that none of anyone's precious time here on earth should be wasted on Kunt-agium. It's a total piece of garbage that I honestly can't fathom how it ever came to be.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnoftheDead View Post
    It's a total piece of garbage that I honestly can't fathom how it ever came to be.

It's merely a money grab off the name recognition from gar's film. I don't know anybody who didn't fall for it.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Well the reviewer warned us, if we were expecting anything like a sequel to Dawn04, that we would be disappointed.

The zombies, running, crawling and dodging turned me off.
    Plus the fact that there is nothing here that even resembles the original and
    then when I read that when Bub as a zombie, that he won't eat his friends, I was like allllll riiiiggggtyyyy then. Goodbye to that one. If I want to see Day of the Dead, I'll watch Day of the Dead.
    Rant over

Super Moderator

UK
    And of course in their sh*t version he's called "Bud" and not only doesn't eat his friends, he's a freaking vegetarian!

I can't believe someone got paid to write this crap and direct it, and be in it, and so forth...absolutely unbelievable.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's in the same vien as intelligent zombies. They just don't seem threatening and thus not scary at all. And that line with them crawling up the walls makes them seem more like mutated vampires.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Or spiderman on a bad hair day. In fact, a story about that might even be better than this remake of Day. Do I sound bitter??? Nawww

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Or spiderman on a bad hair day. In fact, a story about that might even be better than this remake of Day. Do I sound bitter??? Nawww
    You have a right to be bitter as do we all. The genre has been turned into a laughing stock. I posted in another thread that the future of zombie movies looks grim because gar is getting up there in years and probably has a couple of films left in him tops. There doesn't seem to be an heir apparent to his legacy, someone capable of bringing the quality, vision and passion to the genre that he does.

Canada
    Now that's a depressing thought but you're right darth.
    There is no one, at least we have his greatest works preserved forever,
    that's one nice thing

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't see the Zed genre as a "laughing stock", if anything, the "laughing stock" part of the genre was down to films like Return of the Living Dead and the Thriller video, creating the pop culture version of the zombie, as seen in The Simpson's and other shows where the zombie is spoofed.

But it's far from a laughing stock, since when was it considered so? No more laughing stock than any other genre.

Some people are too "half empty" and not enough "half full".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I don't see the Zed genre as a "laughing stock", if anything, the "laughing stock" part of the genre was down to films like Return of the Living Dead and the Thriller video, creating the pop culture version of the zombie, as seen in The Simpson's and other shows where the zombie is spoofed.

But it's far from a laughing stock, since when was it considered so? No more laughing stock than any other genre.

Some people are too "half empty" and not enough "half full".
    Of course we don't view it as that and laughing stock was probably too harsh a description. I meant that the casual movie fan doesn't take the genre seriously. They're not into it like we are and don't know what to look for. All they're exposed to are sci fi channel caliber projects like contagium and ROTLD 4-5. They don't know the joys and the depth the a propper zombie flick can have. (mostly talking gar) So when i talk in glowing terms about gar's flicks i get crazy looks like "you can't be serious right?"I just wished they were open to gar's films so they could know the joys of experiencing them like i do. But sadly, it looks asif the've been irrepairably scarred by all the crap that's out there. That's where i was going with that.

Undisclosed

Exclamation

There trying to kill the zombie genra!!!!!!

Its a conspiracy I tell you!

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's not so much a conspiracy as negligence to their craft. If you notice virtually everyone who makes a zombie film uses it as a stepping stone. Nobody makes it a pursuit of passion. I think they just do it to get on the hollywood radar and they're done with it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's not so much a conspiracy as negligence to their craft. If you notice virtually everyone who makes a zombie film uses it as a stepping stone. Nobody makes it a pursuit of passion. I think they just do it to get on the hollywood radar and they're done with it.

:cough: Hack Snyder :cough:

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    :cough: Hack Snyder :cough:
    Of course he's guilty of that and even though i like the film i don't appreciate it at all. Zombies are GAR'S life no matter what other projects he might do. I'm sure after he cashed that check he never gave dawn 04' a second thought.

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't think GAR got squat from Yawn04. Rubenstein cashed in shedloads though most likely. I don't think GAR even owns any copyright on it.

Has anyone noticed that GAR's credit is SHORTER than the other credits surrounding him? It's also harder to read as there's a more pronouncing "digital drop out glitch" or whatever they used to spunk up the titles a bit more, because not even MTV "keds" can stand a few seconds of text without something happening!