Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality of dawn 04's characters

Undisclosed
    I would have liked to have seen Dawn04 the length of the original Dawn, then maybe the characters would have grown on us more which is what much of the length of the original was for. But I fail to see where the characters of Dawn04 were that cardboard (most of em anyways) and they were all head and shoulders above AND better than those created by THE WORSHIPPED ONE for Land of the Dead. Talk about worthless, stale characters.....I would have loved to bitch slapped Riley...

Super Moderator

UK
    THE WORSHIPPED ONE
    This attitude always confuses me whenever it's said by someone...this is Homepage of the Dead ... a website dedicated specifically to GAR's zombie films.

Undisclosed
    LOL..actually I meant that as a compliment to him, cause I do worship him, but I can see now it may look sarcastic...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydwarf View Post
    LOL..actually I meant that as a compliment to him, cause I do worship him, but I can see now it may look sarcastic...
    Whoops, my bad.

It's just that, as I insinuated in my reply, that I've seen it used before in an arsey manner rather than an honest manner.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Dawn of the Dead 2004 was f*cking pathetic as the remake of Day will be. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. Why buy a sh*t sandwich and then complain about the smell when you know the contents came out of someone's ass?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    for an apparently smart lady, she's pretty thick to go yomping off with that sub-par A-Team plan.
    LOL i thought i was the only one who found himself thinking of The A-Team when they were doing that

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongholio View Post
    totally forgettable character interactions
    why try to remember their names
    all they were was a bunch of sarcastic,me me me
    ti* babies or cosmopolitan reading getting in touch
    with feminine side do*chebags

Well then Zack Snyder did a perfect job of showing what is exactly todays culture and exactly how the majority of Americans are acting.

Everything everyone is bitching about is exactly what is wrong with todays culture and what is on display 24/7. If that isn't truth in motion pictures I have no idea what is...
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    LOL i thought i was the only one who found himself thinking of The A-Team when they were doing that
    It was the first thing I thought of when I first saw the movie ... and The A-Team was way better as well.

At least they pitied fools, rather than went along with their retarded "let's go to a boat to sail to an island that's inhabited by zombies".

Undisclosed
    hmmmm......A-Team vs Zombies...I like it. This has possibilities....

Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Why buy a sh*t sandwich and then complain about the smell when you know the contents came out of someone's ass?
    ewww.....I was eating a peanut butter sandwich when I read that......nutty peanut butter no less.....

Last edited by dirtydwarf; 16-May-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well then Zack Snyder did a perfect job of showing what is exactly todays culture and exactly how the majority of Americans are acting.

Everything everyone is bitching about is exactly what is wrong with todays culture and what is on display 24/7. If that isn't truth in motion pictures I have no idea what is...
    In a way, you're right. But in a film it doesn't work because you have to be able to invest in the characters. In Dawn04 that just doesn't happen. Cardboard.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was hoping this was just a trend, but it seems that movies which lack character development is fast becoming the norm. As has been said on this forum before, the target demographic these days simply does not have the patience.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I was hoping this was just a trend, but it seems that movies which lack character development is fast becoming the norm. As has been said on this forum before, the target demographic these days simply does not have the patience.
    With certain movies (like Zack Snyder flicks ), sure, there's bollock-all character development, unless it involves sex.

However, just look at Batman Begins, or the Spider-Man movies - lots of character based stuff in those, heck, look at Pirates 3, the middle hour is basically all talking!

So I don't think the situation is quite as bad as you might think, but yes, there are morons in the world and there are moronic producers/movies/viewers/whatever out there...

Super Moderator

United States
    Each generation has its lowbrow entertainment and motion pictures have had portions of their their industry fall into this category since the medium came into being. It's one piece of what movies are about, but just one piece.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd have to agree with Mz and Aces. I guess now that i think about it this happens with music as well. Every era has it's great songs and then there are "pop" songs which just are tailored to the target teenie bopper/younger demographic of their time. These are the same songs that 10 years later you're like "WTF made this song so popular? I just don't get it." I guess these are the "pop" movies of our time.

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, these films won't last the test of time, and indeed, Yawnorama04 will fade into the distance in due time, but GAR's superb original will remain a cinematic milestone, a key note in the annals of horror history.