Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell [film] - Stephen King's book starring John Cusack & Samuel Jackson

United States

Cell [film] - Stephen King's book starring John Cusack & Samuel Jackson

Anyone know anything about this? I was reading stuff on IMDB and it said Eli was going to direct Cell based on some Stephen King book. I can't think of a worse combo personally since most of SKs books to movies suck but I dig ER so who knows? Any info on this take on zombies?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Chasing Prey

Canada
    cell phones are supposed to be some kind of lifeline for turning people into bloody thirsty zombies or something. they never really delv into what they are,but there's some biting. kinda like the cloud around earth in maximum overdrive but this time its taking over people........through mechanical devices again no less.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

well heres the deal, for some reason a computer sends out a signal that rewrites peoples brains when they hear it, at first they become violent and childish, then they slowly gather in hive minds, moving in 'flocks' and then they develop psychic powers and start working in unison.
    meanwhile the people who didnt begin to kill them at night whilst they sleep in large areas like football grounds. but then the zombies get humans to guard them at night form these people, and the main characters are seperated from all the other people, in there dreams the zombies told all the other unchanged that if they even spoke to them they would die.
    then a computer virus gets into the pulse and cuases it to mutate, and its still boradcasting and as they try to change uncahnged into there own kind the new version doesnt work right changing them again.

i heard romero was doing this ,*shrugs*, wierd.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MissJackson, go out and buy this book. Great read.

Super Moderator

United States
    KASHWAK = NO-FO

It's a fair read; some good characters and some decent creepiness, but it was never too scary or horrific. I think it could make a decent movie, however depending upon how well the adaptation is handled.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I didn't like the book at all. The whole direction he took with it was like the opposite of what I would have found an interesting plotline. Soooo much potential too. Oh well, I would still see the movie of course. But I am looking forward to the adaption of The Mist 100% more!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    This book and film sounds interesting. Stephen King sure knows how to write a good book. And the film? Well, the WORST that can happen is that I don't like the film. So why not?

Undisclosed
    good book but a crap ending...

United States
    good movie!!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i heard romero was doing this ,*shrugs*, wierd.
    I heard Eli Roth was beind the camera for this one too. GAR has three other projects on the go at the moment - there's no way he'd have the time to do Cell.

United States
    I couldn't finish the book; it didn't hold my interest

Instead a of a good zombie story (it was not a zombie story per se but influenced by) it comes off as some lame scifi'ish trance thing

I don't know. It started off good; but lost me. I'll probably see the film.

United States
    The book was okay but I wish I'd borrowed it from a library rather than buy it. It was pretty good until about 1/2 way through. Then it sorta lost steam.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A two year old thread being revived here....

Cell is now going to be a TV mini series.

Something (possibly) good to come out of this is that John Harrison is writing. Maybe that's why he dropped out of music duties for "...of the Dead"?

capncnut
    Well this is understandable as Cell has quite a big ol' plot. Let's not forget the fact that it is being made exactly thirty years after the first King TV adaptation, Salem's Lot. Maybe that's intentional.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    A two year old thread being revived here....

Cell is now going to be a TV mini series.

Something (possibly) good to come out of this is that John Harrison is writing. Maybe that's why he dropped out of music duties for "...of the Dead"?
    Four words:

Should have got Romero.