Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone seen Fulci's City of the Dead?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    From the reviews you guys are giving this film it sounds as if all i need to see is a 10 minute gore highlight reel. Seems to be its only redeeming quality.
    Last edited by darth los; 17-Jun-2007 at 11:17 PM.

United States
    I read they made the chick who vomited intestines or something actually swallow lambs intestines and vomit them up....

you couldnt pay me to do that
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If that's true then that's real dedication to your craft. No paycheck is worth that.

United States
    The intestine-vomiting scene was accomplished by having the actress swallow still-warm sheep entrails, then regurgitate them on camera. In extreme closeups of guts flying out of her mouth a fake head was used.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0081318/trivia
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's freakin' awesome!! That's what i'm talking about !! Who needs cgi when you have stuff like that? Now if i could find a woman with that kind of lack of gag reflex i'd marry her.

United States
    If I was put into her position i'd make like Fran from Dawn of the Dead and be like HELL NO AND NEVER ASK ME TO DO THAT AGAIN (when GAR asked her to scream and she refused to play a weak character) ...you gotta draw the line somewhere for your dignity

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    If I was put into her position i'd make like Fran from Dawn of the Dead and be like HELL NO AND NEVER ASK ME TO DO THAT AGAIN (when GAR asked her to scream and she refused to play a weak character) ...you gotta draw the line somewhere for your dignity
    That's definitely true and not alot of people know about that. But is her just indecisively standing there while one zed is attacking her man and another is closing in on her make her look any less weak or dependent on someone elses protection? I think that scene turned out to be a compromise between the extemes that both she and gar wanted. I think this is a stand she took because of the independent/strong woman movemen tthat was happening at the time. I would have definitely been at those bra burning bonfires.

Canada
    I haven't seen City of the dead yet, but I don't think I want to waste my time. I watched Zombi2, or something like that by Fuci and thought it was kind of boring. I guess I had been too spoiled by watching Dawn and getting a fast, to the point story line that I couldn't wait for this movie to start moving along. I ended up returning it to the video store and never even watched the whole thing.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I read they made the chick who vomited intestines or something actually swallow lambs intestines and vomit them up....
    I have met the guy that sits next to her when she chucks up. His name is Michelle Soavi. He became a director himself and directed Dellamorte Dellamore (and a few other films) as well as being an occasional actor and second unit director.
    He was really nice but spoke hardly any English.
    Oh, and he still had the back of his head intact

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, loo loo loo you got some too"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I haven't seen City of the dead yet, but I don't think I want to waste my time. I watched Zombi2, or something like that by Fuci and thought it was kind of boring. I guess I had been too spoiled by watching Dawn and getting a fast, to the point story line that I couldn't wait for this movie to start moving along. I ended up returning it to the video store and never even watched the whole thing.
    Finally someone else who thinks that film is boring !! It had it's moments but when you're used to the master's work (gar) everything else pales in comparison.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    I have met the guy that sits next to her when she chucks up. His name is Michelle Soavi. He became a director himself and directed Dellamorte Dellamore (and a few other films) as well as being an occasional actor and second unit director.
    I respect that guy, Dellamorte was excellent.