Thread: Breaking News: The Dead WILL Walk!

ViP

Undisclosed

Thumbs up Breaking News: The Dead WILL Walk!

[Originally posted HERE and HERE]

With plans to shoot some footage this week, I've also been editing some footage together as well. Back in November 2006, I shot a news sequence. I've begun editing this sequence and have finished what I could with the footage I have, the rest of which I intend to get this month. July and August will be for B roll photography, inserts, and FX testing. It looks like September will be the big month for principal photography. I seem to remember September being a big month some 4 years ago for a certain other project. Here's where I pledge to break the curse.

If I find myself ahead of schedule or have some in between time, I plan on beginning the re-edit of Episode I. Recently I mentioned in the forum that I wanted to recut the first episode. Ultimately, it'll be included in the final anthology of this series which hopefully be a definitive DVD release. Who knows - I may even shoot some new footage (the shots I never got in the first place) to be included in this new version. Stay tuned for details.

capncnut
    Great news man, nice to see things are finally under way.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    can i be the token black guy in the film?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    can i be the token black guy in the film?
    Classic!

Hey, if he's gonna be the token black guy then I want to be the loveable rogue who goes off the rails.

I've got my own wheelbarrow.

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Classic!

Hey, if he's gonna be the token black guy then I want to be the loveable rogue who goes off the rails.

If we're going this route, I need to write in a lovable pet mascot sidekick for the hero.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    If we're going this route, I need to write in a lovable pet mascot sidekick for the hero.
    I CALL DIBS!!!

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I CALL DIBS!!!
    I guarantee we'll see this sort of thing in years to come; the adventure zombie movie ... ... complete with zombie-fighting vehicle and ninja children.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    I guarantee we'll see this sort of thing in years to come; the adventure zombie movie ... ... complete with zombie-fighting vehicle and ninja children.
    Kinda like Zombies of the Caribbean or something? Like a summer blockbusting zombie romp with a cheeky little monkey thrown in for cheaps laughs?

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Kinda like Zombies of the Caribbean or something? Like a summer blockbusting zombie romp with a cheeky little monkey thrown in for cheaps laughs?
    Yes, with lovable characters and a happy ending where the the living and dead learn to live with each other's idiosyncrasies and walk (shamble) off into the sunset.

United Kingdom
    I want to be the asshole everybody h8s but all the girls wanna shag

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Classic!

we'd totally co exist. you wouldnt see me for much of the film cuz u know they gotta be politically correct and let the black guy live. so i'd be convieniently "keeping watch" somewhere in a spot with no zombies hell, they might even put me in as the whirlybird flier

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    we'd totally co exist. you wouldnt see me for much of the film cuz u know they gotta be politically correct and let the black guy live. so i'd be convieniently "keeping watch" somewhere in a spot with no zombies hell, they might even put me in as the whirlybird flier
    Yeah the black guy getting killed early on is a tired cliche'. I think for the pc reasons you stated they have much longer lifespans now. Most of them even make it all the way through. Now if only leguizamo would stop portraying the steroetypical puerto rican in his film we'd be cooking with fire.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i could possibly be puerto rican in a film. u know some people think we all look alike