Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice for Paris

United States

Justice for Paris

She is back in jail serving the full 45 days. Money helps except when a sheriff pisses off a judge.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279212,00.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    She is back in jail serving the full 45 days. Money helps except when a sheriff pisses off a judge.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279212,00.html

The thing is that maybe she was suffering from a condition and mabe she wasn't. However one of the main things you learn in ethics is that, in law, you must avoid even the appearance of impropriety. Perhaps nothing under the table happened here, but that's not the point. It just looks really fishy and that's unacceptable. In any case, many other people have a hard time in prison and aren't let go. If it were you or me we'd be screwed.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i was born and raised in l.a. and this is a sham. no one and i mean NO ONE goes to jail for having a suspended license which wasnt known previously by the driver. michelle rodriguez was busted for a DUI and served about TEN HOURS due to over crowding. this judge will lose his job because he's got a hard on for the hiltons. u cant let personal get in the way of business. he'll be shown the door shortly for wanting to get his name in the papers. he'll be lucky if he even gets his pension.

and plus....if someone dies in the states custody and they knew before hand there was a medical issue......everyone involved loses their job. judges,cops, EVERYONE.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    he'll be shown the door shortly for wanting to get his name in the papers. he'll be lucky if he even gets his pension.
    After getting sacked, he'll probably wind up with an afternoon TV court show and make a ton of money.

England
    I think he did the right thing in throwing her back in jail!im sick of seeing celebs getting better treatment or more lenient sentences than us "little people",and anyway,whatever medical condition she claims to have wont be helped by all the coke she bungs up her nose.She'll have cracked up from anxiety at being brought down to everyone elses level,and thats all it will be

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well as of right now she is getting it worse than any of us. They are making an example out of her.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    i was born and raised in l.a. and this is a sham. no one and i mean NO ONE goes to jail for having a suspended license which wasnt known previously by the driver. michelle rodriguez was busted for a DUI and served about TEN HOURS due to over crowding. this judge will lose his job because he's got a hard on for the hiltons. u cant let personal get in the way of business. he'll be shown the door shortly for wanting to get his name in the papers. he'll be lucky if he even gets his pension.

and plus....if someone dies in the states custody and they knew before hand there was a medical issue......everyone involved loses their job. judges,cops, EVERYONE.
    She was on probation for a DUI when she got the suspended license, which is a probation violation. I've never heard of not going to jail for violating your probation. Her sentence was knocked down from 90 days to 45 days to 23 days. Plus she got her own private cell. So how exactly does the judge have a "hard on" for the Hiltons?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well as of right now she is getting it worse than any of us. They are making an example out of her.
    Aye, and they should. My comrades and I fought against just this kind of injustice!

England
    whats wrong with making an example of someone?sometimes it has to be done & i cant think of another "celebrity" more worthy!(im sure theres plenty though)
    Its about time it happened over here as well!soap stars & former big brother contesants etc let off speeding fines & blatantly showing off their drug use all over the papers while nothing is done about it

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    She was on probation for a DUI when she got the suspended license, which is a probation violation. I've never heard of not going to jail for violating your probation. Her sentence was knocked down from 90 days to 45 days to 23 days. Plus she got her own private cell. So how exactly does the judge have a "hard on" for the Hiltons?
    well for starters......no one has ever gone to jail for this(nicole ritchie isnt in jail). another reason is this could have been a private case. he could have sent her to house arrest to begin with. and uh.........yeah.......they're the HILTON family.
    i grew up in l.a. and my family has been in law enforcement for decades and they even said no one goes to jail for that. the most you get is probation and even if you break probation by having your license mysteriously become revoked,you only get community service or house arrest. this idiot picked the wrong person to "make an example" out of. he must not know the rich and famous pay his salary so why piss them off? he's got a hard on for them because he decided to make her serve the full term for the CITY'S mistake of releasing her. thats like pittsburgh having money issues and taking it out on tax payers.

United States
    well for starters......no one has ever gone to jail for this(nicole ritchie isnt in jail). another reason is this could have been a private case. he could have sent her to house arrest to begin with. and uh.........yeah.......they're the HILTON family.
    i grew up in l.a. and my family has been in law enforcement for decades and they even said no one goes to jail for that. the most you get is probation and even if you break probation by having your license mysteriously become revoked,you only get community service or house arrest. this idiot picked the wrong person to "make an example" out of. he must not know the rich and famous pay his salary so why piss them off? he's got a hard on for them because he decided to make her serve the full term for the CITY'S mistake of releasing her. thats like pittsburgh having money issues and taking it out on tax payers.
    Really? No one has ever gone to jail for violating their probation? That's news. Do you mean no one famous perhaps? I would think that if "no one has ever gone to jail for this" the media would be blasting that non-stop and lawyers would be coming out of the woodwork. And I think the judge probably knows the law and knows what he is doing.
    And by the way, Pittsburgh does have money issues and they do take it out on taxpayers. Just ask anyone who lives here. LOL
    Last edited by thxleo; 09-Jun-2007 at 03:49 PM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    no one has ever gone to jail for violating probation on this kind of charge. my grandfather KILLED someone and got probation

United States
    no one has ever gone to jail for violating probation on this kind of charge. my grandfather KILLED someone and got probation
    Umm, okay. It's not even worth it.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    look, im just tellin u how it is since im actually in l.a. at the moment. prisoners outnumber guards something like 50 to 1. see why theres overcrowding?

Undisclosed
    And......
    about half the people currently in California state prisons are parole violators.
    So lots of people do time for parole violations

I believe I heard that she didnt even do the alcohol program that was supposed to be a part of parole...

And violated her parole on three occasions
    Last edited by Terran; 09-Jun-2007 at 05:26 PM.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!