Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone believe in ghosts?

Canada
    Yes.

Simple and straight to the point. They exist.

United States
    i believe in ghosts until the stupid people say they have seen one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's funny how that works. We're always so unwilling to believe the testimony of others.( especially when it comes to floaty ecto plasmic things). I think unless i actually see one i'll be a skeptic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye same here as for aliens, of course theres gotta be some purely becuase life exists, look all around you life happens and the odds of it occuring on just one blue rock in the whole ...i dunno macrocosm is for lack of a more eloquent word retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Yes.

Simple and straight to the point. They exist.

k, proof please
    Last edited by Danny; 13-Jun-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Haven't you heard of casper !?! what more proof do you need !?!

capncnut

The infamous Brown Lady, more like brown trousers!

Behind you! Actually, this is one was taken by the driver's wife who later noticed his mother was sitting in the back seat. Thing is, she's been brown bread for years!

This photo is of a burning warehouse in Shropshire and this girl, allegedly that of Jane Churm, showed up when there was no-one there at the time.

Speaking of kids, let's not forget Amityville Boy!

Oh, and who can forget this? Might be a bit too scary to post so make with the clickety.
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Jun-2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Again, another crash ensured that my post was not delivered properly!

United States

bit too scary?

What was it? It was some dude doing a ta-dah?

oh I get it thats MZ.... very funny
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 13-Jun-2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Spooky pics. How many of them do you think were doctored? I'm gonna have to sleep with my blanky tonight.

Christmas Island
    Thing I never understand about ghosts is why the clothing? Ok so the theory is that a person dies and bang-zoom they're instantly converted to spirit form (bypassing the resurrection - what the heck is that for if you can become spirit without it?) looking for the light but their clothing too? I wonder if that includes the labels as well?

United States
    ooo very interesting point... I have no idea why they would have clothes... I know a lot of people who say they saw one the ghost in question wore something typical of what they wore in everyday life so it may be whatever they died in...

hmmm...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Super Moderator

Germany
    I don't believe in ghosts. Not only because there is no proof of ghosts, but because many people's explanation of ghosts sound...well...ridiculous. For example, one explanation of ghosts is that they are troubled spirits who never went on to (heaven, hell, limbo, the underworld, the elysian fields, valhalla, pick one). Given the billions of people who have died, and a pretty good percentage who have been f*cked over in their life, you'd expect paranormal poltergeist activity everywhere... in your house, on the street, in your backyard, the local pub...everywhere. This obviously isn't the case.

It is also weird to hear christians speak of ghosts. My understanding of christianity pretty much concludes that ghosts really don't fit in christian belief. (Although not a christian myself I have read the bible from beginning to end.) The only ghost is the godhead. Everyone else goes to hell or heaven or limbo if you are catholic. God is never supposed to make a mistake and let someone hang around on Earth after you die so you can make pranks on the living. (Although this personally seems like a pretty cool thing to do once you are dead - if only it were true.)

Well, I really don't want the believers in ghosts to be pissed at me. I can't say with certainty that ghosts do not exist, but according to logic I don't have to prove that ghosts do exist, it is up to the person claiming that ghosts exist to prove it...this is especially true if they are trying to convince others to believe it too. I don't treat people who believe in ghosts poorly since they may have experienced something that to them is extraordinary that cannot be proven. Even if I experienced a poltergeist-like experience I can't see the direct correlation that ghosts are the answer to the unexplained phenomena.

I have to say though that I love horror movies, and ghosts are OK by me in fiction. If ghosts did exist and it was ever somehow proven it certainly wouldn't crush my world view...but only expand it. I sincerely doubt, however, that will happen in my lifetime.

Canada
    technically, we are always surrounded by the spirits of the dead- everywhere is "infested" with them if you will, but they aren't strong enough (I dunno what the term is off hand) to actually physically manifest into something we would notice.

so right now, there could be 6 or 7 dead people in the room with you watching everything you do (if they percieve us the way we percieve them that is) and trying too communicate, but unable too. I don't mean to sound like a wimp or anything but damn, thats a pretty frightening prospect.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Thing I never understand about ghosts is why the clothing? Ok so the theory is that a person dies and bang-zoom they're instantly converted to spirit form (bypassing the resurrection - what the heck is that for if you can become spirit without it?) looking for the light but their clothing too? I wonder if that includes the labels as well?

I guess you could say that they wouldn't be caught dead naked.
    Last edited by darth los; 14-Jun-2007 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    technically, we are always surrounded by the spirits of the dead- everywhere is "infested" with them if you will, but they aren't strong enough (I dunno what the term is off hand) to actually physically manifest into something we would notice.

so right now, there could be 6 or 7 dead people in the room with you watching everything you do (if they percieve us the way we percieve them that is) and trying too communicate, but unable too. I don't mean to sound like a wimp or anything but damn, thats a pretty frightening prospect.
    Well that is a nice story, but it is again another take on ghosts that seems a bit facile and well...made up.

Christmas Island
    I read a theory a long time ago that said all ghosts were really demons that take the form of human beings that have died in order to foster a belief in the living of automatic immortality upon death. Since human beings have to work(?) with God towards achieving a spiritual existence (if you believe that sort of thing), the notion of existence on that plane being given automatically to us upon death keeps humanity separated from God by encouraging them to pursue more "mortal" interests, or something like that. If accounts of paranormal activity have any truth to them, that could be one explanation for the senseless activity found in the majority of hauntings. Some hauntings have a "ghost pointed to a wall, we knocked a hole in the wall and found a box of human bones behind the wall" theme to them but those are rare. Most paranormal actions are nonsense: unsettling visuals, sounds, etc.

Sorry to inject religion into the thread but I always found it an interesting or, at least, a different take on the ghost thing.