Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: return of the living dead part 1 and 2...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    Don't forget - and Land of The Dead.
    Dude, you and I are gonna get along just fine!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    How about the wipe your asss of all zombie flicks:

"RAIDERS OF THE LIVING DEAD"
    I remember seeing that turd although the most embarassing zombie 'film' i have ever seen is Return Of The Living Dead 2. Legend has it that after a screening of ROTLD2 the term 'sucks balls' was first coined.
    Still, I rewatched ROTLD1 the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it - although apart from the Tarman, the effects are lame- why is the big bald punk guy have a head made from porridge?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    Don't forget - Zombie Lake, Dead Alive, and Land of The Dead.
    Who let that Snyder idiot back in again?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It is what it is, a punk zombie movie. That being said i think it held it's own very well and still holds up today. Let's see how many of today's films will be talked about like this 22 years from now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    21 years and im still bitchin' abotu how great transformers the movie was (just finished watching it ) , s'true 80's movies were way better for standing the test of time than modern ones granted theres the lord of the rings but whos gonna be watching spiderman or pirates of the caribbean in 20 yaers?

Super Moderator

UK
    They certainly aren't zombie movies for everyone, if memory serves Bassman really hated the first flick...personally I really dig the first two, 3 is alright, it has some good moments.

Now, ROTLD 4 and 5 - those are big, whopping, stinking, vomitous piles of poo, they really are atrocious, the worst scripts I've ever seen committed to screen, they really are - worse than the script to Yawn04, and most folk know how much I thought the script for Yawn04 sucked the fat one.

ROTLD 4 and 5 defines cinematic retardation...heck, Children of the Living Dead is a masterpiece by comparison! At least COTLD is the sort of sh*t you can laugh at, but ROTLD 4 and 5 are just utterly crap...at least there were the odd few moments of decent enough gore, particularly in #5.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    They certainly aren't zombie movies for everyone, if memory serves Bassman really hated the first flick...personally I really dig the first two, 3 is alright, it has some good moments.
    Yeah, it's just not my cup of tea. I've read people saying that it has awesome dialogue, good direction, great script and all this......but I totally disagree. To me, it's about as cheap and thoughtless as "Manos: The Hands of Fate".

I understand the whole eighties vibe that comes along with it, but I can show you plenty of other eighties films that have the same vibe and aren't cheesy filmmaking.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    ROTLD 1 & 2 are masterpieces next to such cinematic zombie gems as: the video dead and house of the dead.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    ROTLD is definitely full of cheese, and aye, the dialogue is pretty bad, but it's part of the silly vibe of the film. You've really got to be in the mood for it I think, I haven't watched it in a good long while now, but I still dig it. It's not a proper-proper zombie film, it's that popular version of zombies, like you'd see on The Simpson's or whatever...

Still, I found them to be really fun flicks - well, the first two anyway...and bits of the third...but that's where the fun stopped.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    "Manos: The Hands of Fate".
    One of the best MST 3000 episodes LIKE EVER !!!

Canada
    part 1 and 2 i love. watched them a **** load when i was a kid. 3,4,5 not bad 5 is the worst of the bunch imo, but as far as some zombie movies go these are masterpieces.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    part 1 and 2 i love. watched them a **** load when i was a kid. 3,4,5 not bad 5 is the worst of the bunch imo, but as far as some zombie movies go these are masterpieces.

Sadly, that's true. The zombie movie genre doesn't get the reverence it deseves. Too many film makers do them tounge in cheek.

Canada
    so true. what ever happened to a serius zombie movie? alot of the crap thats out there is made with no passion for the gere, only to cash in on the marketable image of the zombie. at the rate things are going the market with soon be over saturated with crappy zombie movies forcing us consumers to stop wasting our money on them. i dont think this is fair to the fans or the film-makers who want to make good zombie movies for the fans and not for the money.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Personally, I love ROTLD 1 & 2. I think they're a fun/goofy/parody take on the horror genre as a whole. People that try to take them seriously, and then say they sucked, just don't seem to get that they're supposed to be "WTF?" inducing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    so true. what ever happened to a serius zombie movie? alot of the crap thats out there is made with no passion for the gere, only to cash in on the marketable image of the zombie. at the rate things are going the market with soon be over saturated with crappy zombie movies forcing us consumers to stop wasting our money on them. i dont think this is fair to the fans or the film-makers who want to make good zombie movies for the fans and not for the money.

Damn i just posted virtually the exact same thing in another forum. I guess it's not just me. I also said that there are too many noobs that take on these projects. How about an established name to bring some credibility and vision to the project.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Okay, Im going to have to ask you all to step back, because this rant is going to blow. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, ROTLD2. I hate it. I cant say it enough times. I thougt I was the dumbest thing that i had ever seen. Could not stand it. It was an insult to me, and my underpants. Watching movies like that, makes me yearn for Government Censorship. Just to spare my fragile little mind from that horrible injustice, I thought of hiring a hypnotist to take advantage of me (sexually)while under hypnosis, just to get the nasty taste of watching that pile of garbage out of my mouth. Thats right, you heard me, being raped in the mouth is a better prospect than having to sit through that again!!

But I did love the first one. Jolly good stuf, that was. Scared me senceless.