Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the next big game for you?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    the criminally under-selling Chronicles of Riddick for the original Xbox
    I read they were re-vamping that game for next gen...

Oh yeah, I'm obviously also looking forward to Left 4 Dead, it's just one of those game that's easily forgettable because there's not much about it to be read.

capncnut
    Alan Wake, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Clive Barker's Jericho, Devil May Cry 4, Fable 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Half Life 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect & Stranglehold.

Hearing all sorts of reports that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. might be coming to the 360 and PS3, I would like to play that too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Alan Wake, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Clive Barker's Jericho, Devil May Cry 4, Fable 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Half Life 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect & Stranglehold.

Hearing all sorts of reports that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. might be coming to the 360 and PS3, I would like to play that too.

What!?! you didn't say Shenmue!?! I'm going to pretend i didn't read this so you can edit it.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

"will it come out?, will mz have a new spout of 'new console exclusive extas' gayness for the game?, all this and more on next weeks episode"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh damn, how could i forget. Silent hill origins is coming out for the psp on august 6th. I already have it reserved. It's an original game which is a prequel to the first game. Looks awesome. I'll post a review for it when i can.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    people still own psp's?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't know. I do atleast. To be honest I'm really looking for a reason to get a ds. You have any suggestions for good games for it?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    What!?! you didn't say Shenmue!?! I'm going to pretend i didn't read this so you can edit it.
    Shenmue is not a 100% guaranteed for the console market. In fact, given Yu Suzuki's reputation for cruelly snatching games away from us at the last minute, Shenmue Online may not be guaranteed period. Until that prankster genius knocks on my door and says "I promise I wont cancel Shenmue Online" then I shall continue leave Shenmue off the list.

If it was released, you could pretty much throw away every title on my list for a year, 'cos I wont have the time to play anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    "will it come out?, will mz have a new spout of 'new console exclusive extas' gayness for the game?, all this and more on next weeks episode"
    Yeah, I shouldn't have said that 'cos we'll probably never hear the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    To be honest I'm really looking for a reason to get a ds. You have any suggestions for good games for it?
    Isn't Brothers In Arms coming out for the DS soon? I know you love a good shooter.
    Last edited by capncnut; 20-Jun-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the ds is totally worth it, i aint got a psp purely becuase...well actually now i think about ti the same reason as the ps3, no good games andi could buy a wii for the price it (still) is.

a few great ds ones are:

pheonix wright: ace attourney, csi meets law and order in an anime point and click/ text adventure game you look aroudn locations, interview people and all you do affects how well you do in court and for that extra 'japanese game' element, if you want, adn theres really no need to, you can hold down y to activate the microphone and yell stuff like "OBJECTION!" and the voice recognition actually registers you as objecting *wipes tear from ete* its great.

project rub: technically just a really really long mini game tech demo by sega that launched with it but for 5 quid in game you cant complain, very reminiscent of jet set radio.

trauma center: under the knife - a surgery game, do i need to say more?

hotel dusk: room 215 - a noir mystery were the supposed murder has allready taken place and been proving a fake, switching between roaming a 3d hotel in fps mode and text adventure, using the ds to solve problems like rubbing chalk dust into and engraving and then blowing on the mike to blow the excess away to learn someones identity you hold the ds on its side like a book, the only game in 2 yers ive bought at full price on launch, its really, really good, and whens the last time you saw a noir game?

pokemon daimond and pearl:, yes i just said pokemon, not like the unnescerary ones to make cash like fire red and saffire adn the like, think back to the end of the 90's when red and blue came out, take how fun and unique the first ones were, put em in 3d top down with sprites mixed in and a masive game with actual cutscenes this really is the best pokemon game yet, hell it has online play too, its really good, i got it for 15 from a shady contact of a contact in the games bizz before it was even out in the us (2 days early beeyotch) and i was surpised to find its a really good rpg.

too bad there still no sign of golden sun 3....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thnx. I hear that New super mario is great as well and you know i have to get deadly silence as well. I love my psp hells. I have no complaints about it other than the price points for it's various accessories. I use it to game, watch movies, listen to music and store my photos. I have the original dawn of the dead on umd (i got it new for 5 bucks by the way, i never would have paid retail) and it looks totally stunning. That lcd screen is crystal clear. In case you're interested. Daxter and the 2 gta games for it are good. Although liberty city stories is better than it's vice city counterpart.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im still playing vice city on the ps2, and cant get past racing the fat ginger guy to get him as my getaway driver.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im still playing vice city on the ps2, and cant get past racing the fat ginger guy to get him as my getaway driver.
    I hate driving missions. it always takes me so long to get passed them . I have to race a few times before i know the layout of the course.

England
    Alan wake is looking pretty tasty,as is crysis & brothers in arms:hells highway!and even though its been out a while im looking forward to getting company of heroes!all of these are depending on when i get my new PC though as none of them will run well on my current rig.Im also looking forward to replaying some of my older games on a new system with all the options set to maximum,such as medieval 2,quake 4 etc

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Call of duty 4: modern warfare is also another on that's sure to be good. Good thing too. Those ww2 shooters were getting monotonous.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye same here 2 rocked but i didnt buy 3 just becuase someone needed to slap these games developers with a newspaper and say "bad games developers no, noooo-O!, boring, make something origional".

cus for a WWII game all we need is to open the case and find a piece of paper instead of a disc saying "we won, notice the lack of a german accent", thus saving you playing through another monotenous and tiresome shooter game.

so a modern version of that crackin' series would be a great change of pace.