Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the next big game for you?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    aye same here 2 rocked but i didnt buy 3 just becuase someone needed to slap these games developers with a newspaper and say "bad games developers no, noooo-O!, boring, make something origional".

cus for a WWII game all we need is to open the case and find a piece of paper instead of a disc saying "we won, notice the lack of a german accent", thus saving you playing through another monotenous and tiresome shooter game.

so a modern version of that crackin' series would be a great change of pace.

I think it's most likely to be set in iraq or some other middle eastern country. That might get alot of people up in arms though that people are dying over there and we're making games about it. Stay tuned...
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Speaking of Call of Duty 4, a new gameplay video of it just got released today. From the Xbox 360 version:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12417

Watch and be amazed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    theres a new ds game coming out called drawn to life were you actually draw your character at the start, literally anythign and it gets wackier form there.

sound promising.

Undisclosed
    Left 4 dead..It should be out end of summer to possibly winter? Lately there has been alot of new media coming out and since when the playtesters were enjoying emselves on it they said it was nearly done. l4d411 has a 12 page review of there experiences if anyone is intrested..

Its what Ive been waiting for! Zombies and fear in a game! Yep Dead rising had zombies and alot of cool moments but I wanted to have to sprint while gunning down corpses..This seems to be all to present in left 4 dead. Grittiness and guns..Plus you can play as the infected bosses..

GTA4 blatantly..Halo3? maybe, nothing looks shockingly great, DMC5 for the 360..Ut07! I love the UT games, nothing like fragging a friend : tear drop :
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Speaking of Call of Duty 4, a new gameplay video of it just got released today. From the Xbox 360 version:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12417

Watch and be amazed.
    Looks awesome. Then again many trailers do because it's usually cgi footage and not real time. Sony tried pulling that crap at e3 a couple of years back saying that the cgi montage we were watching for killzone was actually gameplay footage.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    Left 4 dead..It should be out end of summer to possibly winter? Lately there has been alot of new media coming out and since when the playtesters were enjoying emselves on it they said it was nearly done. l4d411 has a 12 page review of there experiences if anyone is intrested..

Its what Ive been waiting for! Zombies and fear in a game! Yep Dead rising had zombies and alot of cool moments but I wanted to have to sprint while gunning down corpses..This seems to be all to present in left 4 dead. Grittiness and guns..Plus you can play as the infected bosses..

GTA4 blatantly..Halo3? maybe, nothing looks shockingly great, DMC5 for the 360..Ut07! I love the UT games, nothing like fragging a friend : tear drop :
    dude left for dead is allready out ive seen it in gamestation and gamejam, though they usually only have a single copy in, so it might be a u.s import but us and english games are the same cept english ones have more other languages so if it is the import just buy that one, it doesnt make sense to wait for the same game only becuase it will have spanish and itlalian and french language modes too.

EDIT - sorry i thought you meant touch the dead for the ds. ignore that.
    Last edited by Danny; 20-Jun-2007 at 10:43 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    Left 4 dead..It should be out end of summer to possibly winter?:
    PC Version Q3 2007, 360 Version Q4 2007.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dammitt!! Why does the pc gat all the games before consoles!?! Is it because certain games are designed for the pc specifically?

United States
    Yeah, Turtle Rock Studios are a PC centric developer. Considering they made Counter-Strike, they probably feel they owe the fans who made them what they are a shot at the game first. I'll probably wait for the 360 version, seeing as everyone will be able to voice chat, and all my friends will buy it for 360 as well. Voice chat is a necessity in a frantic co-op game like this, I think.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, Turtle Rock Studios are a PC centric developer. Considering they made Counter-Strike, they probably feel they owe the fans who made them what they are a shot at the game first. I'll probably wait for the 360 version, seeing as everyone will be able to voice chat, and all my friends will buy it for 360 as well. Voice chat is a necessity in a frantic co-op game like this, I think.

Voice chat definitely gives you a leg up on the game. It gives you a chance to coordinate your efforts. I guess it makes sense that they would take care of the pc gamers first. That's probably the way it's going to be for most games. Exclusivity for a particular console is a thing of the past.

Undisclosed
    God damn you Hellsing! Ive been waiting for this game for months read youre post went and then read the edit..Oiy, youre a bad bad man..jk
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    with all the hoopla surrounding it I just have to get manhunt 2 now for the ps2. i guess there really is no such thing as bad publicity.

United States
    1up.com reviewed "The Darkness" for 360 today, they gave it 9.0/10. Check it out here:

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3160484

Should be in stores on the 26th.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    1up.com reviewed "The Darkness" for 360 today, they gave it 9.0/10. Check it out here:

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3160484

Should be in stores on the 26th.
    It looks good. If anyone plays it post a review, would ya?

England
    To be fair im sick of modern shooters set in desert countries!i know with the current world climate thats where all the fighting is happening,but i get sick of seeing middle eastern architecture in games i.e. sand coloured flat roof buildings.I think its battlefield 2 that did it,i loved the game but after a while every server just played karkand & i got bored of seeing it!same with counter strike & those crappy "de_dust" maps that they all love so much!
    I know there was a flood of vietnam based games a couple of years ago,but personally i'd like to see a really good one made using the crysis engine,that would be awesome!