Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the DAWN screwed of observation thread

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You know? That's brilliant. You're the first person i've heard bring up that point. But think about this one. Perhaps anything they did, such as chucking the zombies off the roof, that would give away that they were in the mall is a moot point because the chopper was on the roof. That is how the bikers knew they were there after all.
    The bikers saw the copter flying and landing...THAT'S how they knew the mall was inhabited! They just happened by at the right time to witness that. I have always thought that the copter on the roof alone wouldn't have tipped anyone off of anything.
    Now the TRUCKS in front of the doors was much more of a give away!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    The bikers saw the copter flying and landing...THAT'S how they knew the mall was inhabited! They just happened by at the right time to witness that. I have always thought that the copter on the roof alone wouldn't have tipped anyone off of anything.
    Now the TRUCKS in front of the doors was much more of a give away!

The turck comment is on point and probably a much better indicator of the malls inhabitation. I know that the bikers saw the choper, i saw the movie a million times just like you did. But tell me when was the last time you saw a chopper on a rooftop? It's a very unusual thing.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    The turck comment is on point and probably a much better indicator of the malls inhabitation. I know that the bikers saw the choper, i saw the movie a million times just like you did. But tell me when was the last time you saw a chopper on a rooftop? It's a very unusual thing.
    Not that unusual. I have seen some a few times. Even on the ground. In a zombie apocalypse I would figure that someone had landed there and never got to fly out, they would be dead or maybe out of fuel. Either way, what would I care? I couldn't get to it and even if I could, I can't fly it.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the trucks comment more supports my theory to completely seal off the doors from even sunlight

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That just point again to their laziness. You could plainly see that they were not enough reinforcement.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    hardware store. doors. cars...... thats all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They should have had booby traps as well in case of a breach of the bay doors. Maybe even made some grenades. Peter was swat, he probably has knowledge about all that stuff.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    They should have had booby traps as well in case of a breach of the bay doors. Maybe even made some grenades. Peter was swat, he probably has knowledge about all that stuff.

i never remembered that fact honestly. to be swat,they were pretty dumb

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, you would figure that as a swat team member he would have had some tactics and tricks in mind in order to take a more "defensive"apraoch in protecting the mall.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Yeah, you would figure that as a swat team member he would have had some tactics and tricks in mind in order to take a more "defensive"apraoch in protecting the mall.
    also common sense. how the fack do u live in pitt and not know how to be street smart?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    i don't think that indicated that he wasn't street smart. There's a case to be made that they were blinded by the consumer paradise that they found themselves in. They just got too relaxed and forgot about all the dangers that still posed a threat to them. They obviously weren't worried about someone seeing them because stephen decided to give helicopter lessons and that turned out to be a dead give away.

United States
    i don't think that indicated that he wasn't street smart. There's a case to be made that they were blinded by the consumer paradise that they found themselves in. They just got too relaxed and forgot about all the dangers that still posed a threat to them. They obviously weren't worried about someone seeing them because stephen decided to give helicopter lessons and that turned out to be a dead give away.
    Well, in Steven's defense, he needed to teach someone else how to fly the copter. That was something they did that actually made sense! They were thinking ahead. If Steven were hurt and unable to fly it or dead, then what?
    As for them not reinforcing the mall better, it seems that once they were out of immediate danger, they got comfortable. Their lack of reinforcement and contingency planning is utterly confounding!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Well, in Steven's defense, he needed to teach someone else how to fly the copter. That was something they did that actually made sense! They were thinking ahead. If Steven were hurt and unable to fly it or dead, then what?
    As for them not reinforcing the mall better, it seems that once they were out of immediate danger, they got comfortable. Their lack of reinforcement and contingency planning is utterly confounding!

amen. i woulda said "what if people get in?" then i wo uld have boared up the upstairs and down of pennys and hid out til they left or got eaten

United States
    Persoanlly, my plan would have been to lock all the stores on the second floor and both levels of the large department stores (every night, without fail). If the mall was invaded, cut the power and let the raiders stumble around in the dark feding off the zombies while they try to figure out what is open and easy to access and what isn't worth the effort. If they had no power to anything or lights on, I bet that entire scene would have worked out totally different! The zombies would have been a much more credible threat...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Persoanlly, my plan would have been to lock all the stores on the second floor and both levels of the large department stores (every night, without fail). If the mall was invaded, cut the power and let the raiders stumble around in the dark feding off the zombies while they try to figure out what is open and easy to access and what isn't worth the effort. If they had no power to anything or lights on, I bet that entire scene would have worked out totally different! The zombies would have been a much more credible threat...

Ii totally agree on your last point about cutting the lights off. Good plan. Alot of people say they should have planned better but they fail to come up with alternative strategies. 2 points!! As for the locking the stores, they all were locked and the bikers had to shoot the locks off.