Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realy funny, but dumb laws

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Realy funny, but dumb laws

You may or may not know about a website for the dumbest laws man has written, well one exists and after viewing some of the laws for certain states I have come up with my Top 10 list.

1. New York - General Law - "The penalty for jumping off a building is death.

2. Utah - Trout Creek -"Pharmacists may not sell gunpowder to cure headaches."

3. California - Los Angeles - "Toads may not be licked."

4. California - Pacific Grove - "It is illegal to molest butterflies."

5. New York - General Law - "It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun."

6. Pennsylvania - Danville - "All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires."

7. Connecticut - General Law - "In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce."

8. Connecticut - New Britain - "It is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph, even when going to a fire."

9. California - Chico - "Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine."

10. California - Los Angeles - "It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent."

To see more of these visit www.dumblaws.com
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You may or may not know about a website for the dumbest laws man has written, well one exists and after viewing some of the laws for certain states I have come up with my Top 10 list.

2. Utah - Trout Creek -"Pharmacists may not sell gunpowder to cure headaches."

3. California - Los Angeles - "Toads may not be licked."

4. California - Pacific Grove - "It is illegal to molest butterflies."

5. New York - General Law - "It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun."

6. Pennsylvania - Danville - "All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires."

7. Connecticut - General Law - "In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce."

8. Connecticut - New Britain - "It is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph, even when going to a fire."

9. California - Chico - "Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine."

10. California - Los Angeles - "It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent."

To see more of these visit www.dumblaws.com

@ absolute crazy!!
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

That is funny.

We've actually debated this law in my criminal law class. It's the dumbest thing in the world. How are you suppossed to enforce something like that? It's heart warming to see what our state legislature spends it's time on.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thats why I made it number 1.

The UTAH gunpowder and headache law almost took the top spot.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Number 9 is totally priceless as well. Once the device goes off a fine is pretty moot. There's not going to be anybody around to enforce it. Plus, who the hell is a $500 fine going to discourage?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    i hope that by molesting they include making fun of and not just rape. To me that takes the number one spot, just for sheer retardedness.

"if only it weren't illegal, or i would go and rape some butterflies."
    "Molest also can mean making fun of and never stop bugging you know..."
    "NO IT MEANS RAPE HAIRYBALLS"

Then the guy rapes the other guy. It's not illegal to molest men it seems.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't know if the crime of molesting butterflies beats out selling gunpowder to someone with a headache or the death penalty for jumping off of a building.

However, the detonation of a nuclear device should probably be moved up the list.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    However, the detonation of a nuclear device should probably be moved up the list.
    It definitely should be moved up in terms of the sheer scope. However this one is also a doozy:

Unless they have a clairvoyant on the pay roll how is that possible? You would think someone at one of these municipality meetings would have thought it was weird.

United States
    I would think the penalty for jumping off a highrise in NYC would be something more like dismemberment... I can remember reading some article about a guy who jumped off a building but the only part of his body that made it to the ground was a leg and then there was a picture of said leg and people just walking past it like it was nothing... ahhhh the joys of NYC they have the Magnolia Bakery, Judge Milian, Corrupt Angels, and people walking around with body parts on the ground...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I would think the penalty for jumping off a highrise in NYC would be something more like dismemberment... I can remember reading some article about a guy who jumped off a building but the only part of his body that made it to the ground was a leg and then there was a picture of said leg and people just walking past it like it was nothing... ahhhh the joys of NYC they have the Magnolia Bakery, Judge Milian, Corrupt Angels, and people walking around with body parts on the ground...

Yep. Nothing shocks people here. We just figure it's none of our business. You also forgot stepping over winos in the street.

United States
    \
    Judge Milian is cute. Better than that hag judge judy.

I wouldve thought it was
    a fake like from a movie shoot or some practical joke.

Sometimes in NY you just want to get the **** out of there. You see some wierd **** and just keep on trucking. I bet one wouldnt WANT to believe that was a real leg. That would be odd wouldnt it? A dismembered leg on the sidewalk. I am not sure it would register.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You also forgot stepping over winos in the street.
    But the Bowery is upscale now, So it aint happening, yo. Besides CBGB RIP.
    The palce ruled back in the day. Pay your dough then run out of CBs and to the deli across the street and pound beers. Rinse repeat until smashed for six bucks. I guess I'd be the wino then. I woke up on a stairwell in Tribeca once. I guess I was the wino but at least no one had to step over me
    Last edited by coma; 21-Jun-2007 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    \But the Bowery is upscale now, So it aint happening, yo. Besides CBGB RIP.
    The palce ruled back in the day. Pay your dough then run out of CBs and to the deli across the street and pound beers. Rinse repeat until smashed for six bucks. I guess I'd be the wino then. I woke up on a stairwell in Tribeca once. I guess I was the wino but at least no one had to step over me
    Atleast we'll always have Hunt's Point.

United States
    eh you step over winos in the street everywhere ya go

dude if I saw a leg on a street i'd be all over it like flies on roadkill... i'd be calling the police and going... so thats how coagulated blood looks and what dead flesh looks like... heck the cops would be lucky if I didn't dissect it then and there... i'm a curious bunny rabbit lol
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 21-Jun-2007 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    eh you step over winos in the street everywhere ya go

dude if I saw a leg on a street i'd be all over it like flies on roadkill... i'd be calling the police and going... so thats how coagulated blood looks and what dead flesh looks like... heck the cops would be lucky if I didn't dissect it then and there... i'm a curious bunny rabbit lol
    It's just that in the city stuff happens all the time so we're desensitized. It takes alot to shock a new yorker. There could be a naked hare krishna on the train and nobody would even flinch. The sad part is that if you get robbed on the train nobody would flinch either. People would act like they don't even see you. I've heard stories about women getting raped on trains and no one lifting a finger to help.

United States
    yeah my mom told me about the dangers of the public transportation in NYC when I went and I was like yeah sure I can take care of myself... my general attitude is people should be afraid of me i'm into dismemberment myself... watching enough horror movies you realize certain things like the only way to stop a killer is to dismember 'em but the crime there is similar (I feel) to here... its so rampant and no one cares