Thread: Argh!!!

Super Moderator

UK

Argh!!!

Not really a question, just venting anger for a moment.

Played that dodgy Mars Rover game, got 885 on my first time, but clicked to submit score and it just sat there like a muppet - then I tried again and again to click submit and then I get some message going on about "are you trying to alter stats" - or some wank like that. When I visit the arcade my score or "personal best" is there, I see it anyway, but go into high scores, and it's not there.

ARGH! Bastard!

United States
    haha, it did that to me as well, it says my personal best is 1411, but it isn't listed in the highscores, weird

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Not really a question, just venting anger for a moment.

Played that dodgy Mars Rover game, got 885 on my first time, but clicked to submit score and it just sat there like a muppet - then I tried again and again to click submit and then I get some message going on about "are you trying to alter stats" - or some wank like that. When I visit the arcade my score or "personal best" is there, I see it anyway, but go into high scores, and it's not there.

ARGH! Bastard!
    The hit detection on that game is dreadful! Seems if you're moving and shooting its quite likely your shots go thru the objects!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The answer is this...and it seems like this was talked about before, but if you double click, triple click, etc. just click a bunch of times and eventually it will take your high score.

Super Moderator

UK
    Too true, it's really annoying when the object comes flying in, but disappears and then coms in from a different angle so near your rover you can't shoot it in time. And what's all the link to Half-Life?! It's got bugger all to do with it, geez.