Thread: the helicopters in dawn and day...

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed

the helicopters in dawn and day...

were roger,peter,fran, and steven acctualy in the helicopter when it was in the air? and the same for day of the dead. what i mean is when roger says, 'jesus its every where' inn dawn,were they all in the chopper?
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Dead

Undisclosed
    I saw a picture of them in a mock helicopter of some sort for when they're talking up in the air.

Christmas Island
    I would imagine the POV shots from the helicopter were just pilot and cameraman. Romero was probably on the ground directing things down there. Sometimes that stuff is filmed by second unit crews but I can't remember if Dawn had that. The only shots that would require the actors would be the dialog shots from the cabin.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    I would imagine the POV shots from the helicopter were just pilot and cameraman. Romero was probably on the ground directing things down there. Sometimes that stuff is filmed by second unit crews but I can't remember if Dawn had that. The only shots that would require the actors would be the dialog shots from the cabin.
    I agree. they might have not even been in the air.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Just been bitten

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I agree. they might have not even been in the air.
    They weren't. Accoding to one of Dawn's comentaries the scenes with the cast in the helicopter were shot in a garage. It would've been vary hard to have them actually in the air. David Emge was a not a helicopter pilot in real life.
    Last edited by hadrian0117; 24-Jun-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: David Emge
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hadrian0117 View Post
    They weren't. Accoding to one of Dawn's comentaries the scenes with the cast in the helicopter were shot in a garage. It would've been vary hard to have them actually in the air. David Emge was a not a helicopter pilot in real life.
    Good point. On what cut was that on?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Good point. On what cut was that on?
    I dont remember which commentary it is on, but I know I heard it somewhere. I may have read it to. I think that are some pics in "The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh". They used the "poor man's process" with the chopper scenes, and with the truck scenes, meaning, they were in a stationary vehicle, and someone was just shaking the truck to make it appears as if it were moving.

Canada
    I think it was in the cast commentary that they spoke about having to sit in the wearhouse all night, in that helicopter, getting their scenes in. While someone was outside, shaking the helicopter, making it look like it was moving

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I think it was in the cast commentary that they spoke about having to sit in the wearhouse all night, in that helicopter, getting their scenes in. While someone was outside, shaking the helicopter, making it look like it was moving
    If it was on the cast commentary then it was indeed the european cut.