Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest wrestlers of all time

Undisclosed
    WHen I was a kid I always liked the Bushwackers

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Canada
    heavey weight- undertaker
    intercontinental- mr perfect
    tag team- the rockers
    fav moment- bret hart wining the title in saskatoon (i was there)
    best performer- the rock
    most unstopable- brock lesner
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

United States
    Andre The Giant

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    heavey weight- undertaker
    intercontinental- mr perfect
    tag team- the rockers
    fav moment- bret hart wining the title in saskatoon (i was there)
    best performer- the rock
    most unstopable- brock lesner
    I forgot about best "bad guy- Ted dibiasi

I used to try and put my friends in the million dollar dream. Never could get it to work though.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b a, b a, select , start .
    ooh, noiyce use of a konami reference.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    ixnay on the electsay and u got the code right

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ooh, noiyce use of a konami reference.
    Thnx. It's as imbeded into my memory as the dea films are. I couldn't forget it if i wanted to. It kills me when people get it wrong.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I have to admit that my knowledge of wrestling is limited at best. All this talk about wrestlers passing away got me to thinking, who were the best that ever did it? I'm making a catagory for each, feel free to add a couple that i missed or more than one for each catagory, but you must number them.

Heavyweight champ- Hulk Hogan

Intercontinental champ- The Macho Man Randy Savage

Tag Team champs- demolition

Favorite wierdo- George "the animal" Steel/mankind ( 1 and 2)

Greatest moment_ when hulk hogan body slammed Andre the giant at wrestlemania 3

Manager- jimmy hart

Most unstopable force- Undertaker (original)
    darth_los, it is obvious from your choices that you are a "WWF/WWE" guy only. There are a lot of people who are in your shoes, they think/assume that the WWF/WWE is basically "the" promotion. However, that definately was not the case in the past. The NWA, National Wrestling Alliance ( back in the day, not now) was the biggest organization in the world, and the most important. The WWF, formally the WWWF, used to be a member of the NWA. Vince's dad broke away from the NWA, and named his own "World Champion", which was Buddy Rogers. But most of the all-time greats, at least in my eyes, would come from the NWA/WCW, not the WWF/WWE.

My answers, to your list:
    Heavyweight Champion: Ric Flair, no question. Why do you think he is still around, a regular, at age 60? He is the greatest of all time. Vince respects Flair, and wouldnt have any other 60 year old (except for himself!!) as a regular competitor on his programs.
    Intercontinental Champion: Use of this title on your list indicates the WWF/WWE bias. The NWA's US Title would be the compariable, non-WWE title that should be used in concert in this category. This is a tough call, as there were many great champions in both the NWA and WWF that were great champions. Personally, the Macho Man, would get my WWF vote. There are almost too many NWA guys to name them.
    Tag Team Champions: As already mentioned by someone else, Demolition was the cheap ripoff of "The Road Warriors", who are the greatest of all time. The Road Warriors were part of a stable called "The Legion of Doom", and were not referred to as their team name, they were The Road Warriors. Later, after the stable disbanded, they were referred to as the LOD, more of a nickname than their official name, which was still the RW's. When they later went to the WWF, they were then called the LOD, with no mention of the RW moniker. As a second place here, I would say the Dudley Boys. Their time in ECW was awesome, as was their time in the WWf/WWE. They did not have the awesome "look" of the RW's, but their championships and overall presense puts them number 2 to me.
    Favorite Weirdo: I never did like "weirdo" characters. Does Kevin Sullivan count as a "weirdo"? If so, I choose him. He was great as the bad guy on Championship Wrestling from Florida for many years. As a sidenote, he used to be married to Nancy Benoit.
    Greatest Moment: I almost agree with your choice. I would say that WMIII is and of itself is the greatest moment in history. It is the biggest show ever, and probably always will be. I'm sure that pisses Vince off, that 20 years later, he hasnt come close to being able to match WMIII.
    Manager: Bobby Heenan, although there are many other great ones. Not too many at all today.
    Most Unstopable Force: Not sure exactly what this means, but I would have to say Hulk Hogan. Even thought I did not like him back in the WWF days, he almost never lost, and always "hulked up" to get the win.

Another category to add should be
    Best Technical Wrestler: This would refer to who was the best inside the ring, without taking into account their presence as a "character", their interview skills, or anything else. For this, I would say either Ricky Steamboat, or Chris Benoit.
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 27-Jun-2007 at 09:01 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    WHen I was a kid I always liked the Bushwackers
    Dont forget that guy Jameson, who had the glasses and used to chew his tie all the time. I think he was a stooge placed in the audience during a Bushwhackers match and The Beverly Brothers (LOL) pulled him out and beat up on him. After that, Jameson was The Bushwhackers manager!

Can't find any pics...

Canada
    k wait...

wrestling matches are allready thought out ahead of time, and the winner is allready selected....winning a title is mute when you are allready set out to win...

I say none in any, as i hate wrestling.

ViP

United States
    US Heavyweight Champ - DDP
    Bad Guy - Ric Flair
    Technical - Scott Steiner
    Announcer - Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    US Heavyweight Champ - DDP
    Bad Guy - Ric Flair
    Technical - Scott Steiner
    Announcer - Jesse "The Body" Ventura
    Speaking of ventura i forgot a catagory

Favorite side show:

There was the barber shop : Brutus " the barber beefcake

Piper's pit ; "Rowdy" roddy piper

The body shop : Jesse the body ventura

You guys remember any others?

ViP

United States
    The Brother Love Show