Thread: Cinema Blend's top five action flicks...

Administrator

England

Cinema Blend's top five action flicks...

Cameron gets 3 out 5! Pretty good going

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/CB-To...vies-5584.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    It's really hard to narrow them down to 5, but aye, that's a flat out good list, and rock on Cameron, he certainly is the master of the big budget action extravaganza, the dude's films are pieced together like a symphony, the attention to detail is immense. I keep getting that symphony vibe from Terminator 2. The entire film, all the elements that make it up play like a symphony, you can tell there was a lot of attention payed to the entire process, nothing was slap-dash, and it's a truly excellent film that still stands up to this day. Absolutely superb.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It's really hard to narrow them down to 5, but aye, that's a flat out good list, and rock on Cameron, he certainly is the master of the big budget action extravaganza, the dude's films are pieced together like a symphony, the attention to detail is immense. I keep getting that symphony vibe from Terminator 2. The entire film, all the elements that make it up play like a symphony, you can tell there was a lot of attention payed to the entire process, nothing was slap-dash, and it's a truly excellent film that still stands up to this day. Absolutely superb.
    It is hard to narrow them down to 5 but i can hardly argue with any of them on the list. My only grip might have been with the order. Termonator 2 was definitely one for the ages. I always compare it to the matrix, but for more than the kickass films that they obviously are. They both took the world by storm and raised the bar for what action films shouls be. They also showed us things and effects that we had never saw before and subseqently inspired legions of copycats. Another thing they had in common was deep philosophical if not religious undertones. Both brilliant films. If you couldn't tell they would have been my 1 and 2.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The production quality on Aliens (given its year) is utterly astounding!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    that's cos aliens was largely made in britain

bit of trivia from the IMDB page about "batman" (1989)

"When the production design team arrived at Pinewood Studios in England to build the sets, they discovered the atmosphere processor set from Aliens (1986) in one of the sound stages, with most of the Aliens' nest and eggs still intact."

i agree with that list, but i'd stick commando on there instead of true lies
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    Recently been into Predator, going through the DVD right now, going to go over the Predator 2 DVD too afterwards.

Hell yes, the production design on Aliens was superb, and it's pre-CGI, so the Aliens leaping around are either puppets on string, or men in suits, and it looks totally convincing - because you know they're there. Unlike Alien 3 or Alien 4.

United States
    I was totally crossing my fingers going true lies true lies true lies... one of the best and well executed action movies ever without a boring part... and kudos to them putting a sexy scene in a movie and actually making it tie into the plot instead of just having a sex scene in the movie for the sake of having one in the movie.

What kinda sick bitch actually takes the ice cube trays outta the freezer?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html