Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How would average Americans respond to zombies?

United States

How would average Americans respond to zombies?

I think the strength of a zombie infection would be that average Americans simply lack the skill to kill someone whether alive or dead... and the guts to take care of business if zombies ever roamed about... and that people are often generally stupid...

Zombies of course would be the ultimate 'war weapon' because I mean nothing is better than the art of suprise and who's going to expect a zombie is ever going to exist in their lifetime let alone expect that the person approacing them is one of them...

Now take all that into consideration along with i'm willing to say a good lot of Americans dont own guns... (at least that's my personal knowledge i'm sure someone else can give me an idea of whether that's on or not)... but lets say of those who dont own guns... they'd prolly not know their way around a gun even if they found one ...and they'd prolly also be too nutless to kill a zombie with anything from their home (an axe, a ball-peen hammer, crowbar, etc) i'm just thinking most people would be doomed...

Not to mention I just think our government would lack the type of timely response necessary to thwart a zombie crisis ...I think anyone who flees their home to go to a rescue station would basically be lining up for the slaughter at an abattoir.

*I know about everyone I know in Texas has like five guns/shotguns/etc for every person in their familiy even the family dog... but here in South Carolina while gunfire is common as are gun point robberies and deaths... I know maybe 5 people out of say 200 with one. And they only have one or two. In California I knew one person who had a gun, my brother and only becaue he works for the LA sheriffs dept. In Canada a good lot of people had guns but only those who lived at the lake permanently and no one who resided within the major cities. And in Ohio I only knew one person with a gun.*

anyone elses thoughts on the aveage joe and janes of the country? or their country?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Undisclosed
    Well, there are about 80 million gun owners in this country. Thats the documented ones. That dosent take into account of guns that arent registered. So, the average citizen would be able to make a stand against it.

Undisclosed
    Actualy i have alot of guts, in my family we are very patriotic and we do what has to be done, my grandpa was on omaha beach during world war 2(dday) my uncle flew a helicopter in veitnam and saved lots of lives and everything.

Oh and alot more family members that been in the war. (None in the desert conflict as of yet... eek.(me) hopefully not.

If zombies were around it would be no problem lol if i need guns id go to my uncles house he has tons of guns! lol.

(if you ever seen tremors. a guy named burt had tons of guns) my uncle has around that many.

So i would be ok at least

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    im sure the gangs and the military would have it under wraps

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'll say what I always say, highly populated regions are screwed, whereas smaller ****holes (like Montana) are going to have it pretty easy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    "how would the average american..."?....

...im gonna say, put a bucket on its head, drink beer whilst taking pot shots at it with firearms. get bored. throw said empty beer cans at the bucket head zombie......then set fire to it and go inside haveing felt theyve done a job well done.

United States
    i like hellsings answer...

but guys... focus on AVERAGE americans... not yourselves... we're talking blue collar 9 to 5ers who get stuck in traffic drive honda civics are in debt to their eyeballs and generally look the other way at confrontation and crime... the kinda people who when held up at gun point tell the robbers they can have whatever they want as if he had a choice...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ..then my answer still sticks, only maybe something involving ABC or saturday night live involved.

as for us brits wed be forgetting to brush our aweful teeth whilst browning them with fags and tea, notice a zombie say "i say, bugger off you smelly old tramp", then if they didnt leave shut the curtains, if they still didnt leave pop round the back way for some cornettos and cans of coke, to further rot out teeth, amybe a few kebabs, call the police and wait for them to show up.

then die when the zombies amass to a point were they can get in 4 days later.

2 days after that the police show up adn ask your now zombified corpse to fill out a report saying how you would rate there responsiveness

United States
    your answers are always the best

its so sad but prolly true about the cops

cept in the states during the next presidential election they'd be all over 'look at my response to the zombie outbreak'

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    your answers are always the best

what can i say ,when it comes to stupid one liners i excel.

...'cept at bustop's, then i'd just be takin' the piss.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    i like hellsings answer...

but guys... focus on AVERAGE americans... not yourselves... we're talking blue collar 9 to 5ers who get stuck in traffic drive honda civics are in debt to their eyeballs and generally look the other way at confrontation and crime... the kinda people who when held up at gun point tell the robbers they can have whatever they want as if he had a choice...
    Their response would be to fail to act. They'd back away from the zombies until they got caught by one and bitten.

United States
    didja draw your avatar yourself ned or is it from the creepshow comics?

Christmas Island
    Well in the cities, the urban professionals would glue a cell phone to their heads and start babbling away right up to when zombies sink their teeth into them. The rest would allow themselves to be herded into "rescue" facilities for slaughter. Gotta do what the man says.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    didja draw your avatar yourself ned or is it from the creepshow comics?
    No, I didn't draw it myself. I'm not that good with computer graphics, but I'm getting better.

It's from an old game called Strife.

United States
    I hate to say it but the AVERAGE american would be lunch to a ravenous horde of zombies! A person is smart and can survive, but people together are fearful and crazy.