Thread: Who here plays board games? Or card games?

United States

Who here plays board games? Or card games?

I am somewhat of a game connosiuer... it happened because up until like three years ago we couldn't get satellite TV in Canada and well... when the power goes out during a storm you're left with either talking... or games... here's the games I own... what do you own? or play? enjoy?

Mind Trap
    Poker
    Gin
    Scrabble
    Mummy Rummy
    Life (kinda childish but I like it its funny)
    Battle of the Sexes
    Taboo
    Rush Hour (its a childs game but its EFFING HARD BOYYYY)
    Scene It
    Sex and the City
    Jenga
    Uno
    Monopoly
    Dogopoly
    Risk hehe...the game of world conquest
    I have a couple of those murder mystery weekend games for parties
    Imagineiff
    Would you Rather ...that game is so funny
    Dirty Minds
    Trivial Pursuit totally 80s
    annnnd Chess...which I can't play... at all...

ooo and checkers!
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United Kingdom
    Have all the usual games such as scrabble, monoploy, chess etc my fave board game would have to be chess.

I play chess every two weeks when I go to my mum's as my stepdad is matched at about the same level as me. It's always fun and generally it's a stupid mistake that wins the game for the other one.

capncnut
    Used to play Risk quite a lot but I haven't owned it for so long now. Chess is cool, so is Monopoly, Scrabble, etc.

LOVED Cluedo. But then again, that was only because I could say out loud "Professor Plum done it with the candlestick!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I play

-spades
    -Gin rummy
    -dominos
    -Trouble
    -UNO
    -Monopoly
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    poker
    risk
    kaiser
    crib
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

United States
    Traditional Board games
    Scrabble (keep a dictionary handy)
    Monopoly (without hotels or houses)
    Sorry
    Rack-o
    Battleship
    Trivial Pursuit

War games (hex map or area games)
    Advanced Third Reich 3rd edition
    Federation Space
    Junta!
    Battletech 2nd edition

For more info check Board Game Geek, great web resource for board games
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com

Back in the 80's before computer games our local hobby shop used to carry microgames, basically small games packaged in a plastic bag or cardboard box under 10 bucks that could be played in an hour or so. There are some real gems like Boarding Party, Car Wars, Wake Island, and Ogre/GEV.

Classic Microgame Museum
    http://maverick.brainiac.com/cmm/

Special mention for the 'Nuclear War' board game with spinner and expansion packs from Flying Buffalo Inc. Great beer and pretzels game.
    http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/nucwar.htm

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    sweet web sites man thanks for the linkup
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html