Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Romero's Trilogy Trivia Challange

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You got me there. I have to admit that outside of his dead films i'm not too good with trivia on him. I just don't enjoy his other films that much.
    I used to feel that way back in the day, however I rediscovered his other films in my 30s and had a newfound appreciation for them. I still haven't seen "There's Always Vanilla" and "Hungry Wives" (aka Searon of the Witch) but I am looking to buy that double compilation as soon as I find it.

You might find after revisiting his other films, Crazies, Martin, Knightriders, etc. that they are actually quite good.

If no one get's the answer I will strike the question and find another.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I would say Ed HArris but Thats got to be wrong. If you strike it, please reveal the answer
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I used to feel that way back in the day, however I rediscovered his other films in my 30s and had a newfound appreciation for them. I still haven't seen "There's Always Vanilla" and "Hungry Wives" (aka Searon of the Witch) but I am looking to buy that double compilation as soon as I find it.

You might find after revisiting his other films, Crazies, Martin, Knightriders, etc. that they are actually quite good.

I've actually seen monkey shines, the crazies and creepshow and i just don't see the appeal.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Creepshow was good, I enjoyed it.
    I'm still waiting for the answer Yojimbo lol

How about this one.
    The NY casting director for Day
    actually had a part in Dawn.
    Who is it?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Creepshow was good, I enjoyed it.
    I'm still waiting for the answer Yojimbo lol

How about this one.
    The NY casting director for Day
    actually had a part in Dawn.
    Who is it?
    According to George and Christine Romero, Morgan Freeman auditioned for a part in Knightriders and accused GAR of being racist against African-Americans.

Galen Ross appeared in Dawn of the Dead 78 and was casting director for DAY.

My question: Other than JCPennys, name one store at Monroeville Mall that appeared in DOTD 78 that still exists there today.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I've actually seen monkey shines, the crazies and creepshow and i just don't see the appeal.
    I dug Crazies, probably because I kind of looked at it as a sort of prequel to Dawn of the Dead.

Yeah, Monkeyshines and Creepshow were weaker than the rest, I have to agree with you there.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 23-Jul-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Doncha just love when the race card is played? Did it ever occur to mr. freeman that maybe he just wasn't what gar was looking for in that role and it had little or nothing to do with his skintone?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    According to George and Christine Romero, Morgan Freeman auditioned for a part in Knightriders and accused GAR of being racist against African-Americans.

Galen Ross appeared in Dawn of the Dead 78 and was casting director for DAY.

My question: Other than JCPennys, name one store at Monroeville Mall that appeared in DOTD 78 that still exists there today.

I dug Crazies, probably because I kind of looked at it as a sort of prequel to Dawn of the Dead.

Yeah, Monkeyshines and Creepshow were weaker than the rest, I have to agree with you there.
    If GAR was racist, as Freeman claimed, why did he hire Ken Foree and
    made him a hero, why did he hire Dewayne Jones and make him strong
    in a time when there was still cross burning, leechings and the
    black panther movement against Vietnam.

Btw Yojimbo, I think the answer is the A&P....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well gar says that he hired dwayne because he was the best actor that he knew. I guess we have to take his word on that one although it's been debated for a while.

Undisclosed
    New Question,

What is the one item that George has had in every film hes made (except Land)

This is a single physical item. The very same item was in Night all the way up to Bruiser. Like an heirloom if you will.

Oops didnt see that, how bout Lane Bryant.
    Last edited by dmbfanintn; 26-Jul-2007 at 11:32 PM.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Canada
    Is it a ring???
    I notice that Ben, Roger and Rhodes
    all wear the same kind of gold ring with
    a red gem, that looks like a class ring.

If I'm wrong let me know.

While the men clean up and Roger sits watching,
    what does fran put into the cart with Roger

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not sure. I remember it being a box with a handle on it but i don't think it was beer. Was it dishes?

Canada
    You got it darth,
    a box of dishes,
    or set of dishes.
    You're turn

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Name 3 edible items that were in the walk in frefrigerator that they stored the ghouls in.

Canada
    Sides of beef
    pork ribs and
    I dunno what was in those boxes.
    Cheese maybe.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Sides of beef
    pork ribs and
    I dunno what was in those boxes.
    Cheese maybe.
    I really can't remember if cheese was in there but there was definitely mayo, butter and tomatoes.

Your turn.