Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's a vegetarian?

United States

Who's a vegetarian?

Anyone know any good vegetarian or vegan cookbooks? I'm really not much of a meat cooker and I'm kinda tired of eating the same thing day after day so if anyone can reccomend a cookbook that would be saweeet
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not me ,evolution gave me fangs for a reason, cus meat R gud ,lol.

capncnut
    I'm not a vegetarian but I do try to eat less meat. I think it's a nice change to get away from it and some options taste better. I don't know how these McDonald's families put that crap down their necks on a daily basis.

United States
    that's a really good expression... mcdonalds families... I concur... I've never really been a fan of McD's and have prolly only consumed something there maybe 10 times in 23 years if that... its so disgusting but I generally have that feeling towards most fast food establishments...

I love how their salads are no better than their entrees. In fact in some cases they're even worse than their entrees. What kinda idiot orders a salad with fried chicken and candied fruit and then sloths it with a cup of salad dressing and says HAHA i'm eating healthier than you...

I swear people get more stupid every day... its prolly cos of the food they eat...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    when i go to maccy-d's i do tend to allways get a big mac, not for the meat but because its got the most vegetabels in, not because it seems anyway healthier but,man, ever seen the grease run off from a quater pounder with cheese?

Super Moderator

UK
    Nah mate, what you want is a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King!

Now that's LUSH.

I very rarely go to such places for food, only on a rare occasion.

But yes, obviously, I eat meat. Not a lot of red meat, just because we don't get it a lot, but a good slab of roast beef - ah mate yes please. Pork - yes please, bacon - yes please (although I rarely eat bacon these days, again because we rarely get it here, but I ate it bi-weekly at uni - toasted bacon butties - LUSH!!!!)

Chicken is a common one for me. I don't do fish though, never really liked the taste and the smell - especially the smell, puts me off big style.

But meat? YES PLEASE!

Administrator

England
    Use to be a vege in my teens... But that stopped when I started blacking out!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    and roast lamb is to die for ( not literally ). Also all the vegetarians i know all look pale and skinny and generally not the picture of health they are supposed to...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    then theres vegans, which is basically p.c talk for "food hippies", who dont even cook anything its al "without the pollutants of man", yet htey use the sink to wash the food first, eat it on plates with knifes and forks...man some people are retarded, but we know how to deal with hippies right?

the triple cheeseburger with bacon and onion rings, the slayer of b.jk burgers, thatll sort em out right

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    then theres vegans, which is basically p.c talk for "food hippies", who dont even cook anything its al "without the pollutants of man", yet htey use the sink to wash the food first, eat it on plates with knifes and forks...man some people are retarded, but we know how to deal with hippies right?

the triple cheeseburger with bacon and onion rings, the slayer of b.jk burgers, thatll sort em out right
    Many vegetarians use their diet as a means of social control as in;
    I will control the dinner guests at SOMEONE ELSE'S home by being an annoying picky asshole. Why oh why do the rest of us have to accommodate THEM. THEY are the ones with the "political convictions" and you often have to SUFFER for them so F**K OFF. I'm not going home hungry becasue YOU have oral issues of control. I will control my Knife and fork into a goddamn steak bitch!

living in San Fransisco made me hate alot of them (duh, not all). Spoiled jackoffs seems to gravitate towards that lifestyle choice. For the record I loves me some veg-a-tables.

Vegans that are skinny are because they actually know nothing about food and diet despite their protestations. Monks weren't skinny because they ate flour INFESTED with BUGS.

Yes, I recently had a vegamatariot annoy the crap out of me. So there!

Who you bang and what you put into your body is your own business and your own concern. For people who consider themselves so open and tolerant they sure love to shove their ideology down your throat.

I once saw a guy in SF with a leather jacket that said Vegan on the back painted with acrylic paint.
    Oh the irony.

Hold on, I'm going to light a smoke and eat a fat ass burger.

Seriously,
    Sorry, I dont know o any specifically vegetarian cookbooks. I have a couple, but they are indexed badly and wouldnt recommend them. There are, however, lots of recipes sites in line. I just google around until I find a good one.
    Last edited by coma; 06-Jul-2007 at 03:27 AM.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    If I could Id injest various synthetic concoctions for nutrition....encapsulated in various pills or in some sort of liquid slurry......Mmmmm

But untill then I just try to eat as little meat as possible (I completely eliminated Pig from my diet)...I still have a hamburger every once in a while (with turkey bacon I like it more anyways)...and I really dig all types of seafood.....
    but Im getting more and more into Tofu...its neat stuff....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    I actually have a pretty healthy diet usually, despite my ridicule of certain kinds of vegetarians in my last post.
    Though I loves the pig.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Though I loves the pig.
    *imagines coma slathering up a pig with slippery gooey juice, struggling around on his knees chasing it around in a muddy pen, get it all slathered up for the oven*

In my first year at uni one of the guys living in our 'campus house' was a vegetarian ... or so he said ... he was constantly eating FISH and CHICKEN. So in other words, he didn't eat red meat and just ate more vegetables than the normal meat eater!

Plus he had his own microwave in his room and use that too cook, but then have the cheek to also use the HOUSE microwave to cook the other half of his dinner, right when we were all chomping at the bit for some microwave pizza or whatever (hehe, I know, they're rank aren't they? I ate so poorly in the first year, lost a lot of weight, although I didn't notice at the time ... looking back though, feck me was I thin back then! I wouldn't mind being like that now! ... hmmm ... the perfect diet ... the first year at uni diet! )

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    when i go to maccy-d's i do tend to allways get a big mac
    Nah mate, what you want is a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King!
    The only thing worth eating in any burger establishment is the breakfast options. Far more tastier than anything they have on the regular list. And Burger King are a f**king rip-off! Twice as expensive than Maccy D's and the fries are appalling. If anybody has to eat a burger of any kind then have one out of a restaurant, maybe Nando's or something. You can't beat properly cooked food and not crap thrown out every five seconds on a conveyor belt.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I ate so poorly in the first year, lost a lot of weight, although I didn't notice at the time ... looking back though, feck me was I thin back then! I wouldn't mind being like that now! ... hmmm ... the perfect diet ... the first year at uni diet! )
    I'm starting film school this fall, and seeing as I wouldn't mind losing about 5-8 pounds off me (I know, I'm such a weight-nazi... I mean commie), you just rejuvinated my hope.

By the way, MICROWAVE PIZZA FOR TEH WIN!!