Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! FFS!

United States
    Ok I just gotta ask ya Neil... the cement floor is put in so floor would be level for wood floor to be laid properly correct? That part is confusing me why cement floor was put in?
    Ah, these guys don't seem to know what they are doing? weeks? month to dry????
    Oh soo sorry about the stereo we had a similar one and yes it had a proper send off too..hubby and I were sad to see it go !
    BTW: Do you like the "antique" look? My hubby got this really great turntable with dvd player and cassette player with speakers for $100. It looks like an old time box radio from the '30's. He loves it,now we can play old vinyl records.
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 12-Jul-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Ok I just gotta ask ya Neil... the cement floor is put in so floor would be level for wood floor to be laid properly correct? That part is confusing me why cement floor was put in?
    Ah, these guys don't seem to know what they are doing? weeks? month to dry????
    Oh soo sorry about the stereo we had a similar one and yes it had a proper send off too..hubby and I were sad to see it go !
    BTW: Do you like the "antique" look? My hubby got this really great turntable with dvd player and cassette player with speakers for $100. It looks like an old time box radio from the '30's. He loves it,now we can play old vinyl records.
    It's a brand new build so there's a concrete floor... New concrete takes months to fully dry... As I've (& the carpet people) now seem to have learned!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ok..now when they put wood floor in are you going to need a subfloor also?
    I am asking cause we put "lament" floor in and we had to put a luan(I am probably spelling that wrong its a thin wood) wood down to make sure floor is level then this heavy plastic over that then the "lament" flooring just clipped together. We love this flooring for well fake wood it is beautiful.
    Anyhow it sounds like you have a real mess on your hands good luck with it all!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    ok..now when they put wood floor in are you going to need a subfloor also?
    I am asking cause we put "lament" floor in and we had to put a luan(I am probably spelling that wrong its a thin wood) wood down to make sure floor is level then this heavy plastic over that then the "lament" flooring just clipped together. We love this flooring for well fake wood it is beautiful.
    Anyhow it sounds like you have a real mess on your hands good luck with it all!
    I'm not having a wood floor... The original floor they put down (& were suppose to glue down) was a type of vinyl. Then it started riding up (due to the office chair) cos it wasn't glued. Then they said it needed to be glued but to do this they needed to seal the floor, and then they realised they couldn't seal the floor as it the concrete technically takes months to dry.

There's now a carpet based floor in there, glued, and I'm just going to get a protective PVC mat for where the chair travels...

Not ideal but I'm passed caring to be honest...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ooooooook I get ya lol and dont blame ya that u are to the point of not caring!
    We have an old house and are remodeling it, have been for years it takes so much time and sooo much money!!!
    The floors,the walls,the ceilings, ooh geez all of it was such an issue, when this house was built in circa 1922 they slapped it together I am sure cause we have found soo many things wrong with it.
    When we tore up the floors we found a newspaper dated in the 1950's it was so chewed up couldn't keep it! But, was interesting we tried to piece it together. It's too bad I could have framed it or done something with it or sold it. Oh well! The remodeling goes on neverending!! lol

Administrator

England
    To continue my example of the big G continuing to press the 'nobble button' on my life...

I was just telling my mate on Friday night all the hassle that led to a somewhat funny carpet being fitted in my study, and how it's been a right list of agro!

Later that evening we went into the cursed room for me to find two bald stripes. One about an inch long and about six inches long.

My other half had put down an old shelf in the middle of the floor and it had a big nail sticking out. It plucked the thread out in two places and left these bald patches!

See!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Geeeeeeeeeezus, you must have broken a mirror or walked under like eight ladders or something to deserve all this!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Geeeeeeeeeezus, you must have broken a mirror or walked under like eight ladders or something to deserve all this!
    Unfrickin believable ain't it!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    we should start calling you ' lucky ' then Neil...