Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: back to the future 1,2,3...

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *runs around like a champion in slow motion, muahahaha, I pwned Maximus!!!*

Only joking ... just got passionate about it while discussing. I love these movies so much and got my nerd on earlier today.
    Me too. I love the fact that theories of this sort spring up. Even goofball theories. Very few movies can trigger that.

That timeline diagram on wiki makes sense to me, I was trying to explain my view of events as best I could, but my brain gets all squishy with this time travel talk, lol.
    Was good enough for me as it got me searching for what I was missing.

Essentially, it seems to be of the school of thought that time must first unravel in a certain way, like having to wait for the first test of the DeLorean to happen, then it all kicks off and people go back and forth...rather than one single timeline, it's like new timelines that are very similar to the ones preceding them (except 1985A) stacking up on top of each other as the new 'one & only' version ... sorta thing...

Ah mate it bends my mind, that and the expansive size of the universe...ah dude...
    It threw me for a loop too. My diagram showed that .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm watching part 2 right now and i found a mistake. When they're in 2015 the doc say that jennifer or anyone for that matter running into their future selves will have 2 forseeable possibilities:

1) They will simply go into shock and pass out or

2) The whole space time continuum goes to sh8t.

If you remember the former happened. But there's something else. When future biff confronts the biff from 1955 absolutely nothing happens.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    If you remember the former happened. But there's something else. When future biff confronts the biff from 1955 absolutely nothing happens.
    Because:

1) Future Biff is so old, young Biff doesn't recognise himself, and believes the "distant relative" angle.

2) Future Biff knows he's going to be seeing himself, because he found out about the time machine and chose to go about his journey.

Passing out or a crumbling of the space-time-continuum would be as a result of an unexpected encounter for one or both parties.

As for the two Jennifer's, one is young, one is "old" (although she's only about 47), there's not such a huge gap ... plus they're more likely to be more incisive, whereas Biff is a bit of a dummy and lives in his own world, so he's not likely to see beyond himself, let alone see himself in a 70-odd year-old version of himself from the future.

What actually makes little to no sense, is how on earth did Doc build another time machine using 1885 components?! As for returning to time travel when he said he wouldn't ... I guess he's addicted to it/figured he can time travel with more care now...plus they needed that final punch to see in the "Doubleback" soundtrack for the credits.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Because:

1) Future Biff is so old, young Biff doesn't recognise himself, and believes the "distant relative" angle.

2) Future Biff knows he's going to be seeing himself, because he found out about the time machine and chose to go about his journey.

Passing out or a crumbling of the space-time-continuum would be as a result of an unexpected encounter for one or both parties.

As for the two Jennifer's, one is young, one is "old" (although she's only about 47), there's not such a huge gap ... plus they're more likely to be more incisive, whereas Biff is a bit of a dummy and lives in his own world, so he's not likely to see beyond himself, let alone see himself in a 70-odd year-old version of himself from the future.

What actually makes little to no sense, is how on earth did Doc build another time machine using 1885 components?! As for returning to time travel when he said he wouldn't ... I guess he's addicted to it/figured he can time travel with more care now...plus they needed that final punch to see in the "Doubleback" soundtrack for the credits.
    So there are only reprocussions if they recognize each other? I guess that makes sense because alternate 1985 biff says that the old man was a distant relative and that he didn't see a resemblance. Or it could just be an inconsistancy. Other filmakers can have them besides gar you know.

This is fun. It's like disecting the gar films. i don't want to offend but i felt that the whole first half of part two was just a rehash if the first one. I thought they could have done much better. I'll concede that it was non stop action from the beginning though. It was very hectic. I'm off to watch the 3rd one today.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    I duno, I dug the ciclical nature of all three films, or more like the second two rather, how it was similar events but in different time periods/alternate time periods...

The whole "faint or universe goes bang" thing totally relies on the recognition factor. Doc meets himself in #2, but he hides his face and quickly shoots off, while his 1955 self clearly thought something was up, did a double take and then shrugged it off.

Marty meets himself in #2 - his future young self that is, his future son - but his son is semi-passed out, eyes closed and delierious. Marty himself already knows he might see himself, and is also expecting such twists to happen as time travel never runs smoothly for him, hehe.

So it's totally about the recognition factor.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Since i'm off to watch the 3rd installment today is there anything i should be looking out for in the third film?

United States
    I LOVE the first Back to the Future. From start to finish it's classic.

I liked the sequels when I was a kid, but can't really stand them now. Marty McFly's such a cool character. He knew he was cool. For the two sequels to rely on that whole "chicken" gimmick -- bah, the Marty of the first movie wouldn't have cared about that.

When I was a younger, I loved the 2015 part of BTTF Part II. Even though I'm not much a fan of that movie now, I still think a Cafe '80s would be cool. When everybody else was wondering where a Hoverboard was, I was like "Screw that! Where's Cafe '80s?!"

United States
    I love 1 and 2... 3 I can live without but I do have the whole collection bcos it is pretty greatastic. Love the Huey Lewis song from #1 and the 80s clothes and the Delorean... actually got to sit in one at this sales place in Orange County that actually took a Delorean as a downpayment for a fifth wheeler. Its that valuable... Yeah but awesome movies and great lines totally love Fox. Great idea for a movie and of course how bad can anything with Crispin Glover be?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    The first Back to the Future is my favorite.The other two were okay.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    ...and of course how bad can anything with Crispin Glover be?
    Charlies Angels, Willard, Epic Movie.