Thread: death hulk

England

death hulk

No, not a zombie Incredible Hulk but a book called Death Hulk by Matthew Sprange in the Tomes of the Dead series by Abaddon Books.

It doesn't feature flesh eating zombies, but it is still a great read. Captain James Havelock of HMS Whirlwind, a frigate during the Napoleonic wars, is sent to defeat a French frigate sinking merchant shipping of the coast of Africa. After a run-in with the French ship, they encounter a French ship of the line, one crewed by zombies, with a link to the Havelock family past...

I don't want to give anymore away, and despite the zombies not being flesh-eaters (the next book,Words of their Roaring, is back into George Romero territory), they are more like the damned dead back into semblance of life. Actually, they may be more like the cursed pirates of the Pirates of the Caribbean.

It is still a great read and I'm recommending it!
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

capncnut
    Yeah man, thanks for that review. I'm thinking about getting all the Tomes of the Dead episodes as they feature some interesting variations on the zombie theme. The Devil's Plague (about the dead rising in the 1600's Britain) and The Words and Their Roaring (set in a modern London zomb apocalypse) both sound absolutely class and seem worthy of checking out. Abaddon Books have some pretty good titles on offer at the moment.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah zombie storys set in other times are a nice change of pace, i remember the one permuted press was on about, i was tempted to write a western one to send in but, eh, ive got the attention span, and memory, of a nat.