Thread: DVD Art

ViP

Undisclosed

DVD Art

Also posted here and here.

I'll be the first to admit that, technologically speaking, my weakest skills are the graphic design area. I've just never had the training or practice to be that proficient in Photoshop and the like. In spite of this fact, I must say I'm relatively pleased with my preliminary design for the Deadscapes II DVD cover art. It's nothing fancy I know, but I'll aim to impress with the film rather than the box it comes in. I've been bummed out too many a time with awesome cover / ****ty movie incidents that I hope to not add to this paradigm with my own efforts.
    P.S. - I also updated the official site.

Super Moderator

UK
    That's a rather nifty cover, I dig it. The silhouette dude being my favourite part.

Speaking of the "good cover, dodgy film" thing, while I still dig the film - "Meat Market" was subject to this theory, the cover is friggin' great, very much like the cover for Dawn of the Dead (with the airport zombie) ... but the film is a bit dodgy, especially the acting (everybody's all too aware they are acting in a movie, so it's painfully unrealistic in that respect ... but I still dig it for the gore, even if it was filmed on VHS).

So on the brink of that theory really, excellent cover, so-so film.

I certainly look forward to checking out Deadscapes 2.

capncnut
    For a rough cover, that actually looks pretty darned good. I'm glad you're still going with the skull thing, it totally fits the Deadscapes theme.

United States
    If you have any cover ideas that you have problems creating graphically, let me know. I'm not an expert but I consider myself more intermediate.

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That's a rather nifty cover, I dig it. The silhouette dude being my favourite part.

Speaking of the "good cover, dodgy film" thing, while I still dig the film - "Meat Market" was subject to this theory, the cover is friggin' great, very much like the cover for Dawn of the Dead (with the airport zombie) ... but the film is a bit dodgy, especially the acting (everybody's all too aware they are acting in a movie, so it's painfully unrealistic in that respect ... but I still dig it for the gore, even if it was filmed on VHS).

So on the brink of that theory really, excellent cover, so-so film.

I certainly look forward to checking out Deadscapes 2.
    Thanks ... the silhouette actually lends to the story too which is why I like it.

I enjoyed Meat Market on a few levels. Overall though, it's a little too cheesy for my taste. In fact, the story (apart from the zombies) is a bit out there for me (lesbian vampire chicks? El Diablo Azul?).

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    For a rough cover, that actually looks pretty darned good. I'm glad you're still going with the skull thing, it totally fits the Deadscapes theme.
    Again thanks. I dig the skull motif because it's not blatantly zombie-ish know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by tkane18 View Post
    If you have any cover ideas that you have problems creating graphically, let me know. I'm not an expert but I consider myself more intermediate.
    Really? Cool ... I may shoot ideas your way sometime since I'm a Photoshop novice currently.